Default Need Info about Dedicated Game Servers

Hey guys. This is a bit urgent.

I need some info about dedicated game servers config.
    Let's assume my server config is this:
    • 3GHz+ 8MB+ Cache Intel Quad Core i5/i7/Xeon
    • 8GB DDR3 1300MHz+ RAM
    • 500GB HDD (may on RAID 0)
    • Appropriate Motherboard with built-in graphics card
    • Appropriate casing and power supply

How many dota (10+2 slots*) hostbots can it handle?
    How many cs1.6 (16+4 slots) and css (16+4 slots) can it handle?
    How many call of duty 4 (16+4 slots), call of duty 6 (16+4 slots) can it hanle?

*concurrently
    *(player+observer)
    *3 seperate servers for dota, cs and cod.

Please suggest server config as you see fit. also note, server bandwidth is not an issue here (though knowing the required bandwidth will help a lot).

Thanks in advance.

With rogers hostbot it could handle many games, aprox. 400-500 dota games. I dont know about other games.

Well, with this host bot, you will need only a good inet connection.

I think with 100mb, you can host lots games hehe
    The best regards from: AgustiN

Lucas "Agustinho" (HeadAdmin IDotA League )

Quote Originally Posted by agustinho View Post
    Well, with this host bot, you will need only a good inet connection.

I think with 100mb, you can host lots games hehe
    Bot in france have 1gbit and similiar server config and afaik rogers said that can host up to 500 games. But since he is improving bots everyday, he is rising limits.

Okay, the things you haven't mentioned, but are very important is the bandwidth and the internet connection the server has.

With that quad core, you wont have problems, it can handle alot of games, approximately 300-500 games, again it depends on the server, but with that config you wont have problems with the cpu or ram.

And now if you play to have a counter strike server, i think you can instal 3 servers on it, and still handle dota games with cs games. I actualy wanted to test a server simmilar to yours on Counter Strike, and see how much it can handle.

When it comes to CoD i realy cant say, becasue i never instaled a cod server, owned a few back in the days when i played CoD4, but it was already set up byt the server provaider, and i could not see the server usage.

Now i dont know if you are planning this for Banglagamer, and India, but if you are, you will have problems with asian servers i think, as we do now. And if you are the CvP from vbulletin.org then im glad if i could help you with this. If you want more on the matter, pm me on the client, and we can talk further.

-Anti
    PHP Code:
    <?php 
    abstract class Ignorance extends Stupidity implements Unavoidable {  
         public static 
    $humiliation;  

private function 
    __construct(){ 

parent::__destruct(); 
         };  
    }  
    ?>

Arrow

Thank you all for replying

@NeC.madchen
    I was under the impression a dota hostbot will require a lot of cpu/ram for hosting the games like CS/CoD?

@agustinho
    This will be connected directly with one of our IIG (International Internet Gateway) with unlimited bandwidth/speed

@Antidepresiv
    Hi. Though I am unable to recognize you, I'm glad you were able to
    This is mainly for Bangladesh. But if I can get this up and running, I will definitely try to open it up for whole south asia (or asia). As this is a project where the IIG company is directly involved, I will request them to fix all types of routing/latency issues. They have already agreed to fix routing/latency issues within our own country.

I need to run now. Will install RGC on my work pc later

btw, I don't see Rogers on MSN much anymore and I did email him about this. No reply T_T

Edit: online on RGC. PM me when you are online.
    Last edited by CvP; 27-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.

CVP:

Try to contact us in client, if need more help, them add me:

agustinho.xc@hotmail.com

in messenger.
    The best regards from: AgustiN

Lucas "Agustinho" (HeadAdmin IDotA League )