Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGC

Default RGC

Hey, I've got a question, is RGC still a good platform? I've been thinking about it lately cuz I keep seeing some posts on facebook - changes, ddoses etc.

Have any of you played on Darer, Dotalicious or whatever else? How would you compare them?

P.S.: ETA for CnaCnel is 1 month.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

dotalicious has cool stats system, but it results in killstealing and supports not supporting

Quote Originally Posted by Sirian View Post
    dotalicious has cool stats system, but it results in killstealing and supports not supporting
    Not necessarily, you also have assists count, team share count and so on. You have achievements for ward placement. I think the stats system is good, but what no other platform has is a solid community. People here are interacting on a more personal level. You're not all just names in a game lobby. And this is affecting the game as well (in a positive manner, I think). After a while you know who's the better carry, which heroes he/she is good with, and try to support or counter not only the heroes but the players themselves. It opens up a whole new array of strategies and tricks.

What I like about Dotalicious is that it's less serious. The game modes are more varied, you can pick silly heroes and do stuff that on RGC would mean losing the game. Also, it has a pretty good banning system (as a certain awesome Hamstormian has experienced on several occasions xD).

Garena is good for the RPG rooms. Period. But it seems like Sir Rogers is already working on that.

It is good cuz i can abuse as much i want. better then others

And what about rgc being ddosed, is it persisting?

No one played on Darer?
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY

Bump.
    Also, what showmatch was played on RGC lately? I saw it on facebook.

unique vs MYM
    they played i f4f channel
    blablabla

Tried out Darer and I'm quite dissapointed.

Seems like Garena with a different name and a reconnection tool, no ?
    Last edited by nF.Hellspawn; 01-06-2011 at 04:54 PM.

tried darer also, potm naked divine....

Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    tried darer also, potm naked divine....
    POTM NAKED? PIC PLZ xD

Ontopic, and iccup? What's that about? And DDoSes? Maybe it's not a big problem if no one answered. :P

The DDoSes wrecked the French servers (good riddance, no more French in RGC), now it's up to Romanian bots (God save us). Hopefully things should be back up soon, it's not all that bad atm anyway. The DDoS thing can't really be stopped without like, clusters I suppose, I'm sure Rog is doing his best to fix stuff. Pretty sure the same fate awaits Darer. No one steals Garena's players!

I've heard VERY good stuff about Iccup, heard that some very skilled people are playing there by a person who's actually in that scene and level of play, but I haven't found anything of the sorts there. I suppose it's on the higher levels or however it works? Just like I've heard that Dotalicious gets really good at higher levels, but it's awful at the start.

It's quite a shame to see someone make such a system, the players that come there have usually already played quite a bit and their skill varies and then skilled people need to rush their way through waves of noob-filled levels :S It's not a system for DoTA. The same system is applied for League of Legends but there you only have one account on which you'll ever play the game, so you start with noobs and advance to the ranked, -cm games at top level, which I've found very nicely follows your learning curve. But as for DoTA, people play it on 9001 platforms so by the time you reach a platform you already have months/years of experience. Thankfully, Rogers realised this =)

Quote Originally Posted by nF.Hellspawn View Post
    I've heard VERY good stuff about Iccup, heard that some very skilled people are playing there by a person who's actually in that scene and level of play, but I haven't found anything of the sorts there.
    You forget one thing. IccUp is 95% russian populated. Most of them can't/won't speak english.
    You cast Thundergod's Wrath.
    Your Thundergod's Wrath hits random Hero for 147 damage. (157 absorbed) (283 resisted) (347 eaten by wolves) (108 abused by Michael Jackson)

I guess it makes sense that the guy is Russian then :> Don't recall him putting that fact out there. Them Russians gotta stick together. But yeah appearently (at that time - 6ish months ago) former DTS guys were there and such, but like I said, nothing of the sorts when you first start playing there. Either that or they're just hiding, sneaky Russians.
    Last edited by nF.Hellspawn; 24-05-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Hopefully no Russians will be insulted by this post. If you do, send your complaints to havo on RGC.

I heard u like being ddozed.

Anyways, I'll have to try dotalicious, looks pretty neat. 20 days left. I'm so fking tired, 3 days without sleep. xD

I hoper I won't turn into this workaholic bot called sir-rogers. T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Cnacnel View Post

Anyways, I'll have to try dotalicious, looks pretty neat. 20 days left. I'm so fking tired, 3 days without sleep. xD

I hoper I won't turn into this workaholic bot called sir-rogers. T.T
    Don't get too excited, you'll be swimming in noobs there ^^ Dotalicious is good only if you want to have totally not serious games. Otherwise you'll risk having your Luna laned with a hatchet Axe who levels helix & the freakin' curse and steals your neutrals when you pull. xD

Got something to tell us?

Yeah, Nienna is pretty much right. It's what I always say, DLG and RGC can dominate the DoTA client scene together due to just how much they're different, unlike Darer which is a bad copy of RGC and Garena, which is ... Garena. As I was saying, a big part of DLG is the much more casual gaming since it doesn't attract pro gamers so you'll be piled in noobs in no time. But again, choosing DLG or RGC is about taste in how you want your DoTA games imo and it's nice that you found your place to play. However I still suggest you give RGC a try, it's really the pinnacle of DoTA gaming in most respects.

In related news, RGC is down. FML.
    Last edited by nF.Hellspawn; 01-06-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Ofc I'm gonna visit RGC and play. But I thought that maybe installing some more platforms wouldn't be a bad idea.

BTW, RGC's ranking is the biggest bullshit ever. Why do you let people use !points command?

Good games on rgc are on channel dr.comm? Or where?
    Last edited by Cnacnel; 02-06-2011 at 06:15 PM.

BTW, RGC's ranking is the biggest bullshit ever. Why do you let people use !points command? ?
    Makes pub players feel important and good for themselves.

I guess anything apart from the Public rooms is fine. There are quite a few channels and communities to play in, my pick of the litter would be DR.IH due to it regaining activity recently.

Default who said darer or dotalicious is better than rgc -_-

RGC is not bad and ppl are crazy to play in garena (full of leaver .flammers. spammer and no one there to ban them+ there is no reconect in there if you lag its over) I like the reconect help system its realy good and darer is bad and like you said there is good channels like drih and drc realy good but you should watch the EAL vip like bringmemorefanz they abuse and thats what make ppl say those things about rgc anyway I realy like RGC its realy good and you cant make it better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast