Default [Broodmother] Look, I make babies

Black Arachnia- The BroodMother:
    Once a Queen of the Nerubians, she struck fear into the hearts of those she ruled. However, she made the fatal mistake of falling in love :wub: with the renegade assassin Anub'Arak :ninja: , and was banished from her own kingdom. Now she accompanies her true love in the battle of the Ancients, bearing his offspring as a symbol of her undying love. An expert in weaving webs of deception, she has the power of incapacitating those who dare attack her, and sowing in them the seeds of her offspring which then tear out of the corpse of the unfortunate victim. Her lust for battle helps her grow stronger and sustain herself, leading many to believe that her hunger for flesh, is insatiable.

Pros
    Fast & Invisible in Web
    Slow/Miss skill
    Many life regenerations (web/life steal)
    Great solo pusher
    Infinite Scouts
    Own Roshan
    Former international show tunes star
    Enjoys a snack after sex

Cons
    You are the snack (chuckle)
    Low hp
    Melee
    Large and easy target for stuns
    No instant escape

Skills:
    Spawn Spiderlings (w hot key)
    The Broodmother injects her young into a target, creating immense pain. If the target is killed by the injection, spiderlings will be born. Spiderlings have 10% slow (stacked on your bite), a small poison effect, & make spiderites. Spiderites do nothing special. In this guide, they are referred to together as spiders. LAST HITS FROM SPIDERS GIVE YOU GOLD.

Level 1 - 75 damage, 1 spiderling.
    Level 2 - 150 damage, 2 spiderlings.
    Level 3 - 225 damage, 3 spiderlings.
    Level 4 - 300 damage, 4 spiderlings.
    Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Level 1: 75 mana, 10 sec cooldown.
    Level 2: 90 mana, 10 sec cooldown.
    Level 3: 105 mana, 10 sec cooldown.
    Level 4: 120 mana, 10 sec cooldown.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spin Web
    Spins a web which grants the Broodmother invisibility in an area, 2hp regeneration per level, truesight, as well as 20% speed increase.

Level 1 - 2 allowed webs.
    Level 2 - 4 allowed webs.
    Level 3 - 6 allowed webs.
    Level 4 - 8 allowed webs.
    Cooldown: 90/75/60/45 seconds.

Level 1: 140 mana, 90 sec cooldown.
    Level 2: 140 mana, 75 sec cooldown.
    Level 3: 140 mana, 60 sec cooldown.
    Level 4: 140 mana, 45 sec cooldown.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incapacitating Bite
    Gives the Broodmother venoms which will greatly reduce the target's ability to function, and deals extra damage. Must bite to activate.

Level 1 - Gives a 10% miss, slows 10%, and adds 2 damage.
    Level 2 - Gives a 15% miss, slows 20%, and adds 4 damage.
    Level 3 - Gives a 20% miss, slows 30%, and adds 6 damage.
    Level 4 - Gives a 25% miss, slows 40%, and adds 8 damage.
    Orb effect
    Passive

Insatiable Hunger
    The Broodmother develops a violent thirst for vital fluids. This lust greatly increases her attack damage and gives her a vampiric attack. Long cast time
    Lasts 20 seconds.

Level 1 - 60 bonus damage, 40% life steal.
    Level 2 - 75 bonus damage, 50% life steal.
    Level 3 - 90 bonus damage, 60% life steal.
    Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Level 1: 100 mana, 60 sec cooldown.
    Level 2: 100 mana, 60 sec cooldown.
    Level 3: 100 mana, 60 sec cooldown.
    Skill build:
    Web
    Spawn
    Web (if 1v1 consider Bite)
    Spawn
    Spawn
    level 6 Web (if 1v1 go Hunger)
    Spawn
    Hunger
    Bite
    Bite
    Level 11 Hunger
    Bite
    Bite
    Web
    Stats
    Level 16 Hunger
    Stats...
    FAQ:
    Why should you EVER delay your hunger? Hunger is best when combined with Bite, Boots, or disabling ally. Since we are doing none of the above, Hunger is less useful (except for life regeneration when tanking tower damage or harassing 1v1).

Why spawn? Spawned spiders give us tons of gold from last hits. Also, we can remain hidden while harassing with spiders. Lastly, spawn hero damage makes a great nuking combo from a long range, making our low HP not a problem.

Item Build (6.49b):
    Items Build:
    Sobe Mask
    Ring of Protection
    -> Ring of Bacillus (sold as needed)
    Relic
    -> Radiance
    Boots
    -> Strength Treads
    (Core Build, Costs: $7.5k)
    FAQ:
    NO BOOTS until after Radiance!?! Boots are not really needed because of web. Just stay near a web and let your spiders do the risky missions. Jungle if you fear a trap in your lane.

Finishing touches:
    1) Vitality Booster, Butterfly, -> Heart, Buriza ($19k)
    All purpose
    - Add in Aegis, Blade mail, Vlads, basher, hood, or BKB when appropriate.

2) Butterfly, Basher, & 2nd Basher ($13k)
    Multiple DPS heroes or a stacked hero (Clinkz, Stealth Assassin, Razor…)

3) Butterfly, Vlads, & Buriza ($15k)
    Multiple tank heroes (Bristle Back, Axe, Tide…)

4) Hood, Vitality Booster, 2nd Vitality Booster, -> Heart, -> 2nd Heart ($13k)
    Multiple magical heroes (Crystal, Lion, Zues….)

5) Vitality booster, 2nd Vitality Booster, Blades mail, 2nd Blades mail, -> Heart, -> 2nd Heart ($15k)
    Multiple bashing heroes (Bara, Void, Troll…..)

<\/><><\/> Early Game
    Try to solo a side lane. Top for Scourge, bottom Sentinel are preferred (area of effect spell casters do not go these lanes generally and easy access to jungle). Live in the jungle if have 2 solid solos on your team aside yourself. Watch replay on the 3 B’s of the jungle for more info.

Web placement: In short, make two webs in the lane and one over your own tower as soon as the cool down is ready. Your first web will be in the lane, near where the creeps clash (toward the enemy’s base). Your next two webs will be on the ramp to the river (with just enough in the lane to see the creeps walk by) and over your own tower.

At level 5, start using spawn. Use spiders for creep last hit gold, hero killing, & tower pushing. To kill a hero, save manna then make two spawns of spiders. Last hit creeps or send them to attack the enemy while he is far from his tower, keep manna for one spawn shot in reserve. Once the creeps arrive at the tower, send spiders to attack him from the front while you run past the enemy (out of tower range). Block and sow your spawn to Finish Him!

If they are auto-attacking/pushing your tower, wait until level 5, then spawn spiders and pull them behind your tower and into the woods. As new creeps arrive, make a second spawn in the clashing and wait five to ten seconds. Finally, pull your spiders from the woods to attack enemy from behind (creating a ‘creep block’ effect) and assault enemy.

If you take the 1st tower down, proceed to the next or jungle. Try to always last hit the towers (Hunger helps)

At level 5 and above, you can start to interrupt the creeps. The method is to attack the ranged unit from the new creep wave while in transit, spawn spiders, then flee or proceed attacking. This practice allows you to keep the battlefront near your webs. If attacking towers without creep support is allowed, then do so (all towers before any barracks). If creeps are required to attack towers/barracks, then just let your spiders sit/jungle/scout/pull creeps. This technique can slow their pushes as they receive no creep reinforcements and are forced to retreat. Useful against AOE casters, as it can create two battlefronts: one near your web and the second where the creeps are clashing.

<\/><><\/> Mid Game
    Mid game is not great for you as magic damage/stuns/disables increase quickly. But Radiance solves these problems easily (obtained around 22 minutes, level 13). Hit points should be too low at this point to safeguard a gem, so keep track of enemies carrying wards. Try to just avoid wards unless they have stunners, then get a gem and clear them out.

If you can take a tower/racks, then bring allies, otherwise solo may be best for experience gain and gold. This will typically trap 2 enemies in the base waiting to AOE your spiders while you farm. Remember to Rosh while they are trapped in the base. Constantly send spiders out as scouts, as they are no longer needed to last hit for you.

Stay hidden as long as possible. You are useless dead. Use spawns shots to attack from a range. A web over your own towers will effectively stop every push, so protect towers. The main thing to remember is to play it safe. You should be one of the highest leveled, thus a huge target with a long revive time. Treads give 456 ms while under web effect. Once out of range of a ward, invisibility protects you.

Web placement: Web at the bottom of the each of the enemy’s ramps and over each rack (6 webs total). Web Rosh area. Maybe web runes. If you need to control multiple lanes, use spiders.

<\/><><\/> Late game
    Once you complete some additional items & have aegis, they are in terrible shape. Brood is a mix of early game & late game, with not much in the middle. Radiance is what gets you past mid game and allows to farm to have a great late game.

An understanding of siege techniques & hero abilities is a must for a brood player. Try to split up your opponents if they are magical or DPS heroes, but try to group battle teams of bashers or tanks. If you want the enemy to group battle, then simply push mid will all allies. But if you want the enemy to split up, then generally I solo a side lane while the rest push the other side. Coordinate the pushes to reach the base as simultaneously as possible. This might require you to retreat while your allies push to catch up, or that you recklessly run ahead of the creep wave to catch up to your allies. Remember the main objective is to siege.

Typically after a couple of minutes of this, cool downs on magic spells become mismatched (no triple nuke worries) or creeps have hurt some DPS heroes, requiring a trip to the fountain. This is your sign to attack. If they are very cautious, then you should run back and forth between mid and your side lane, sending spiders at the tower. This creates a cat and mouse game and hopefully your 10 second cool down on spawn is shorter than their AOE spell, allowing you to wear down the towers.

Worst enemies:
    Earth shaker (his ultimate damage increases per unit near him)
    - All his spells do well against you
    Razor (he is the ONLY one you can not push early against b/c of his ultimate)
    - Request a gank and get bite early.
    Saldar (his ultimate reveals you and basically doubles all damage received for a long time)
    - Just run when this happens
    Anub’arak (manna burn sucks)
    - Do not store up manna against him. Do not try to last hit a creep with 100+ manna.
    Blood seeker, Night stalker, Bounty Hunter, & Clinks (not too annoying, but if they have a gem they can follow you, revealing you to more powerful enemies)
    AOE casters, stunners, and nukes area all annoying early & mid game.

Best allies:
    Juggernaut (after you radiate the creeps, his ultimate does a ton of damage)
    Puck (holds them in place through ultimate and can silence)
    Blood seeker (can finish them all off)
    Treant (reveal wards & nice ultimate)
    Zeus (finish them off, ministun)
    Furion (map control)
    Razor (insane damage)
    All nukes, stuns, or high damage allies.

By kybarnet, special thanks to eternal_razor for the skill build, freakonut (######) for the item build, and Mountainwolf for jungling techniques.

Default Re: [Broodmother] Look, I make babies

I think you shall add some pictures to make it usefull for new player =)
    Anyway, good work.

Firstly, I must disagree with your build being better than the bite/hunger combo. your info on the webs and solo in a lane rocks for brood via the running space to kill heroes. If you change your spawn lvls to bite and lvl 6 to hunger. Not 1 hero can match brood with boots and a full lane of running web space. once you get the first bite, they can either fight and die or run and die. The only time i've ever had an inkling of a problem against the bite+boots build is when its double stunners: and im greedy enough to chase out of webs. if only 1 is a stunner i generally get a double kill at lvl 6. With spawns, they're just too easy to kill. you would need to get an arc ring to keep up a constant harassment with them, and lets face it, they're no lycan wolves.

My general skill list is
    web(just like u say on placement, but none in river until i'm ready to leave my lane. generally after lvl 16, and i dont normally shop until then either)
    bite
    bite
    web
    bite
    hunger
    bite
    web
    web
    generally at this point, depending on what thier team is doing determines if i go straight to stats or get spawns. if they leave me alone to farm it up, ill get spawns, if not, then im prolly going stats. a few spiders are a waste of mana for hunger *60 second cooldown* and stats help with everything. not just when i have mana.

equip is boots+w/e else u can afford at start, trees are nice so you can harass from lvl 2 on and keep thier hp low for when u hit lvl 6
    by the time i go to shop i've had up to 10k+ b4 i finally needed to leave my lane to shop.....thats how OP this kid is with just boots and bite....
    treads, butterfly, buriza, radiance, mkb, blink dagger*
    blink dagger is the pwn with this kid. once you get the first hit, your generally going to kill your opponent. once they see u tho, they'll run. blink dagger solves that bit. out of web/woods....w/e
    obviously equip changes based on opponents IE hood/vanguard etc. bashers are ok if your bored, but you dont need em. some games i get a linkens/BKB combo when there is a LOT of disable.

Anyways. This is more a hero killing lane control build. But its rediculously easy to play and play well. And everyone likes being 5:0 or w/e before having to go shop the first time with a few K gold.

i completely agree with the avobe poster. Boots + branches at start, level up web and bite. By lvl 6 you should have killed one or two enemies, and if the enemy laner(s) did manage to survive that long, Hunger should do the trick.

Before even ONE level of spiderlings, you need to have both web AND bite maxed out.

Your Broodmomma is a creeper one, meant for jungling lvl 1 to 10. The way I see it, you got it mixed up with the 3Bs of Jungling, which were meant to jungle and hence have a jungling build. For lane controlling with Brood, you need your boots.

~IntEr
    Once you decide to be stupid, the only turn back is intelligence. Don&#39;t be smart enough to be intelligent and then have to become stupid to undo something dumb!<br /><br />There is only one problem with sarcasm: chimpy chimpos. Sarcasm is as neat as water: depends on the background to tell its color.<br /><br />~In

I love to use broodmother, i won't disagree with you.. but here is my suggestion on skill building
    web
    spawn
    spawn
    bite
    spawn
    hunger...

this is my usual build for brood....

(5 on 5 game) items up to level 6 is

sobi mask = for mana
    3 iron wood branch = so you have +9 to damage and a little to life
    1 tango = if you want to harass your enemy

just be sure to eat tango when you want to harass your enemy, just make sure he is far from his tower.

brood is good at gold farming and lane pushing so i suggest at level 10

radiance = (due to farming)
    then
    travel for lane teleportation

ussually i have this item when i am at level 15

radiance
    travel
    heart
    basilus
    2 wraith

just keep on exchanging lane and to hunt enemy units who happen to wander alone, this way you can be safe from gb even if your opponent is a stunner you can easily overcome him because of your hunger is already level 2.

if you have heart at this mid game.. you will be a valuable allies to your team mates.. cause you can nuke your opponent with spawn and which are now at level 4 and with the help of radiance and you on the web pushing lane is just a piece of cake...

well i will say it again this is my usual build...

it depends always on the player using a character on how he will make his strategies ('o')

kybarnet, thank you very match, god job!!!!!!

Here is my build for cw:

Broodmother is used for his insane pushing power so spawn should be maxed like crackerkyle play it.
    For item build:

-Start basilius + tangos.
    - Power treads strenght for survavibility
    - 2 Wraiths
    - Arcane ring or Void stone for spamming your spawn
    - Vladimir's offering (add damages to you spiderlings and lifesteal)
    - Black king bar (Survavibility and avoid nuke)
    - Butterfly

haha Arcane Ring on Brood... : Really love it. Even more useless then Arcane Ring on Sniper... ;D ;D ;D

Don't be so sure, Its not useless at all.

As i said broodmother is used as a pusher so you need regen to spam spawn spiderlings on creeps and hero for harassment ( so arcane or voidstone). If you want i can parse you a replay : ).

Quote Originally Posted by Dixot
    Don't be so sure, Its not useless at all.

As i said broodmother is used as a pusher so you need regen to spam spawn spiderlings on creeps and hero for harassment ( so arcane or voidstone). If you want i can parse you a replay : ).
    basilius is enough for an effective push with spiderlings, i m O
    (Kain.FN)

orhid rules on brood, just buy 3 sobies and dont worry for mana ever! also great for 1v1 IMO brood should just push and get in fights 1v1 or 2v2 max were 6sec silence comes real handy
    boots of travel also needed for fast lane switching when you get that feeling of gang in the air. ulti aint good enough 12 secs really short 1 or 2 stuns and dead bkb is a must or omni as an ally if you want to be in a 5v5 fight

ok hm what can i say... skillbuild is lane dependent imo.
    i buy bot, bkb, orchid, crystalis, pipe and last item bfly or hot.

if u cant farm that and its not going well take pb, vladz, mek and push.

in some dr games non em i farmed in 20min my boots and my radiance.
    brood is very nice in pushing or farming. she just need some items.

yall dont know reefa
    if i had to smoke what
    you smoke ill smoke no reefa