Default The Complete Orb Effect Priority Table

The Complete Orb Effect Priority Table

Read the following text for your own benefit!

The two golden rules:
    1: Orb effects will never stack.
    2: You may only place one buff per attack.

And as an information sticker:
    You will only get the effect that is listed in the box. If you get both, it says both. If there's some strange mechanics to it, it's listed in the legend.
    Eye of Skadi will be a melee eye of skadi if the unit that picks it up is currently in melee form. It will be ranged if the unit that picks it up currently has a ranged attack.
    Switching forms may or may not affect the form of the Eye of Skadi, it depends on the ability that changes your range
    Ursa Warrior is as of 6.44 a melee unit. Doombringer is a melee unit. As of 6.28, Banehallow remains as a melee unit in his ultimate form.
    Strength Morphling is no longer in the game.

Now, to the charts:

Maim: "Sange", "Sange and Yasha"
    Lifesteal: "Mask of Death", "Mask of Madness", "Helm of the Dominator", "Satanic"
    Chain Lightning: "Maelstrom", "Mjollnir"
    Corruption: "Stygian Desolator"
    Cold Attack: Melee: "Eye of Skadi melee"
    Cold Attack: Ranged: "Eye of Skadi ranged"

As seen in the ranged part, an Eye of Skadi and a Stygian Desolator would give you the Corruption orb effect, regardless of any other cumstances.
    However, on melee heroes, it says "Place".
    Looking in the legend, it tells you that "Place" means that the item in the highest priority slot will take effect, as well as the inventory priority order.
    I realize that my previous explanation may have been a bit ambiguous, so heres an image of the priority order:

*All credits to Malle from official dota allstars forums.

Default Re: The Complete Orb Effect Priority Table

i just read both ur topics and thank you. Ive been wondering about some of these things for a while now, but just a question, when it says when i pick hero "bashers will not stack with your skill" ?? does it stack or what

Default Re: The Complete Orb Effect Priority Table

I think this table is outdated, as basher mechanics have been changed and also some items went from orb to buffplacer and viceversa.