Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: dota rank is useless

definately
    i was rank 27 with about 240 games then BAAM 6 games , i won all 6 but got 6 loses yeah partytime. ALl the Leavers got +1
    Me and my friends just stop using arank... thats shit coz the games get more fucked up but hey better than ending at rank 1..
    As soon as this is fixed , ill thank the Coders and Admins and continue using the prog

The problem is that the latest version of Dota just happends to function in another way and screws up .Arank.
    I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!

yeah so is there any solution allready? or would u just have to recode the entire program?

I'm sorry to tell you, but dotarank is just an epic failure. Especially if you're going to keep the scores as they are now.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time on this, but I think it's amazingly stupid I had gotten -10 points 5 times -- all of which are unjustified, mostly because games it was 4 v 1 or 5v2 a 5v5 game and I left, and 2 ass holes with dota rank stayed for 2v1, so the points counted. Another account of mine has like 5 unjustified -10 points.

It's not just me. Many other players play legitimately and get -10 points for not doing anything bad - just because one asshole with dotarank stays 1v1 when all other players in a 5v5 game quit because of 3 early leavers from the same team. Do you really think I'm going to bother every time I get -10 unjustified points? Do you really expect everyone to do so with this buggy useless system?

Now, this epic fail of a system\program is one thing - but claiming that the current database with all the cheaters and faulty scores won't be reset is even bigger bs. dotarank has been around for awhile enough to turn nearly every player away from it because 90% of the players are being penalized -10 -10 -10 -10 rapidly because the dotarank system is so screwed up, nevermind the cheaters who play. And I promise you - there is no way you're going to track and take care of all those -10 that are unjustified.

In anyway, dotarank is useless it has many malfunctions. In with the current setup and decisions - it will never be fixed no matter what you do.

One solution to this I could think for you - if you fix up the scoring system so it have some normal rules (i.e. 5v3 in a 5v5 game people can leave without -10 points), maybe you should do so the -10 penalty is gone after 2 months or something like that so players who were wrongly accused in the past will be redeemed.
    This, or just wipe all the penalties ever given, so with a correct system people can restart.
    Otherwise- epic fail and useless.

The scoring system will be fixed.

I just recieved full access to do this. I am personally a very busy man, but I will work as much as I can to improve the situation.

Also the current scores will be evaluated and hopefully we will be able to get rid of all the false reports and all cheaters will be banned.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12