Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Captains thread (for -cm mode players)

I love to see that these days Captains mode (-cm) is very popular in the Dotarank Community. But I hate to play cm with guys who fail in it. That begins in “eza wards pls” he gets boots… : and basic stuff like that. Always get wards and chicken in cm. In a classic line up the two int supporter gets the chicken and does the warding (whole game warding). No discussion about that pls.

But where I really like to see some discussion is the line up. There are usually 3 basic tactics. (At least that is what I know)

1. classic (1 carry 1 semi carry 2 support 1 tank)
    2. pusher (eza, pit, enigma, spider etc.)
    3. nuker (1 maiden getting mass aura 4 nuke spammers)

What I want to see from u is who is with who on a line and why. For example there are some classic lines ups like:

- Warlock + Carry (Luna, Spectra…) - means WL denies all heals carry perma and the carry can farm like hell
    - Lehsrak + Sandking - Crusher with SK stuns lesh stuns and nukes + 2 hits of both
    - Es + Puck – Crusher
    - Lina + Tiny (or Sandking) – Cursher
    - Leo + Leshrak Carry with initiation stun + mass nuke
    - Omni + Huskar – Huskar can spam burning spears and ulti without getting dmg with repell on him
    - Lich + Tide – 4 times slow/nukes on lvl 3
    - Magnus + Lich – all dead on lvl 6 + Perma nukes

Or for Pushers

- Eza + Enigma – Fuck first Tower under 2 mid
    - Solo mid Brood (Lame enough nothing to explain (-8 )

I think u got the clue. Just post your favourites lines up and why it rocks. And I see stuff like Weaver + Darkseer – Shield and Watchers… coming. That may own early game but it is useless in mid and l8 gaming.

I posted that because I hope it improves CM mode games in Dotarank a bit and I love to see some crazy line ups.
    Have Fun

Default Re: The Captains thread (for -cm mode players)

it depends on the bans really, when i am around often rylai and enig get banned, also in dr games es/tide are always banned.. with those bans some captains still like to go aoe rape (roof/lock/mag etc..) which always loses vs my pusher picks (krob/pugna/brood).
    one of my lineups:
    rylai/eza/pit (any combo of these) top, krob mid, enig jungle, ranged carry bot.

I recently had some fun with a friend of mine in public -ap games. We're just 2, so it fits to your question about -cm lanes.

It was all about: Rhasta + X

Where X is some random melee carry, we mostly used Naix or Void for it. Works (in pub).

Furion + Spectre was funny too since Spectre can get to the ensprouted enemy who cannot escape. Also, they both can gank mapwide.

In general, solid combinations included at least 1 ranged, at least 1 lategamer, at least 1 nuke, preferably some stun.

mentioned enigma + kotl. What bout brood + kotl :P
    1more thing that could shine is dirge + kotl with 5sec cd strenght shit spam ^^
    anyhow kotl rapEs, even with mana leak range nerf (if i'm not wrong)

I like to go Witch Doc and Pit Lord in one lane, Insane when u trap em at lvl 6 and use witch Ulti

that would die vs a double stunner/nuker lane like lina/sk. or lich/tide or rylai/jugger even

one of my favs: pudge + either drow/viper/omni

all with slow down ey ;] arrows , poison , ofc omnis aura
    -OuT-

omni would take aura instead of repel if lane with pudge? how is that

noob-ish / cock- ish

-OuT-

omni with 1 lvl of aura early is enuf really, aslong as ur pudge gets boots at the same time or before ur opponents. Hook+heal takes out 75%+ of enemies hp anyways so u dont need much rotchase..

Quote Originally Posted by joicE.
    omni would take aura instead of repel if lane with pudge? how is that
    imo a bit senless pudge omni lane need repel and heal.

rot has enough slow.
    yall dont know reefa
    if i had to smoke what
    you smoke ill smoke no reefa

Well here fits also my experiences as I played LAN with my pal in DIV-league. We played together at one line and usually ganged also together and the result was total rape through the game.

Nice combo we played pretty often was Ezalor, as my friend loves it, and any nuke, for example Tiny and Nerubian Assasin with infinite mana is really goodiegoodie. Also some mass stun/nuke combos were nice, for example we played Tiny and Venge and our combined stats were something like 25-3.

We also got some epic pawns with Tiny&Axe combo, dagger on Tiny and the combo starts usually out of enemy's LoS, toss Axe, call, blink, stun and if somebody's lucky enough to survive, Axe's ulti should take care of him.

About the -cms I played, I can tell that IMO the best teambuild is 1 hell of a carry, like Mortred, Void or PL, something that will be _1nvincible_ at late game, 3 supports, Omni and Dazzle are always good picks, WL also and then one tank, basically Centaur but if you got good player for Panda, especially for his ulti, Panda will be almost better tank, but needs a bit more farm than Centaur.
    /bankickrageflamewhineplugg/

played a nice cm yesterday;
    I soloed krob top, w1ldfire soloed mirana mid, we had daz/tide bot and a jungling axe.

attitudeproblem likes double stun lanes? well my krob raped sk/venge lane

edit:
    the tide dropped when he was lvl 7 =/ and game lasted 50 mins.

well I'm pretty sure that your opponents really sucked or you played your silences nicely, becouse even krob has nothing to say against venge&tiny, jsut swap and tiny stuns, then toss and another stun, about 1000 dmg jsut from nukes and no time for silence after lvl 11 becouse the swap range is too much...
    /bankickrageflamewhineplugg/

erm, first 5 lvls sk stun is pretty short, even if u get stunned by venge u still got e nough time if ur cautious enough. sk himself will never be able to initiate if you harras enough.

Last two games we played bs + 4 nukers (cm, qop, zeus, etc...) and it was just a pain in the ***. Haha loved it. Bs was just running from kill to kill after lvl 6 (my bs stats where like 32:2 – we had balanced teams and no pub stomp – bs silence ftw. special with maiden aura). Also like that ganging style becoming popular. With heros like roaming atropos, alchi or venge.

I would love to see more aggressive ganging games. They need a lot of team play but they are so much fun. xD

bs/magnus mid against coco is an good counter

bs gets bottle 2 null talisman and dagon. :-O
    yall dont know reefa
    if i had to smoke what
    you smoke ill smoke no reefa

bs with dagon - really funny . U will never succeed vs skilled people with dagon. Ur ulty + dagon =... lets say 1 kill, but other 4 guys will rape you if they play like team.
    I can defend my words with example. Lets say bs plays carry hero - with dagon he can kill only 1 hero and others will rape him and even his support cant do anything because at late game enemyes carry will own more than dagon seeker. We talk about skilled players which know what teamfight is.
    Let see the other direction - bs is trying to play support - ganger - just moves through lanes and tryes to gang after 6. Then the carry must be someone other hero (pl, naix, admiral, brood, etc). This situation is even more alwful because the team with seeker will be raped early - in lanes. Seeker is not strong lane hero before 6. Other lane must be the "carry" + support ( purpose = just surviving and farming) (warlock, eza, dazzle, etc). Then the only chance remains in solo lane hero. Even if soloing hero performs good vs well farmed laned anemyes is just very hard. If the solo hero get owned in his lane... then we talk about... simple ownage.
    Seeker with dagon in pubs - mb nice
    Seeker with dagon in cw - pity
    Best items for this hero are radiance, or battle fury, mb yasha
    I dont mention that bkb and mb simple teleport is > bs

How say it kind… hm... :-X
    I explain it to u…

Bs with dagon is bullshit and I bet it was a joke of stereo. Bs needs bkb ofc… then either Diffusal or Radiance… depends on farm and enemies (wl for example). And with 4 nukers in Team bs just fucks whole team don´t worry.

Btw. Bs can silence one Hero and kill another with ulti. So don´t say he is a bad carry. He may get fucked hard by Srladar or Bara.
    Skill build: Blood Bath, Bloodrage, Blood Bath, Thirst, Blood Bath, ulti, Blood Bath, Thirst, Thirst, Thirst mass stats… etc…
    First items: 3 slippers, tangos, 1 branch – I go on pt and 3 wraths fast then bkb. Pt left on str for hp.

Blood bath is perfect for farming. Last hit everything (+denies ofc). Go top and also pull for reg. Babysitter should be a disabler. I like cm but lion for example should do it too.

In Team fights all kills are left for u. With 4 nukers they are pretty fast low hp. So your team still can see them and u can just last hit them for reg.

PS: The only hero that should get Dagon in serious gaming is na. At least that is my point of few.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast