Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moving Servers & Development

Hey guys, we are moving servers to Eurobattle. Their website is www.eurobattle.net, you will find all the information you need to be able to log onto their servers.

I need some sleep now, so the bot will not be working midday today as I ran into some problems converting in between the servers.
    The bot will hopefully be online tonight and host games on Eurobattle, channel dotarank.

... <i>continuing from where the news stopped </i> ...

I have been seriously disappointed in the drop of manners in games recently, and some might try to argue that the bot problems were a cause for it, but I'm not buying that. I think some people forgot that DotArank is foremost a friendly gaming community and not a social circle for a bunch of friends that can hide behind a set of rules and moral standards to discriminate against newcomers. Where I have previously been pretending to be blind on some discrimination against newcomers because due to our special circumstances: being in beta, DIV dieing, dotarank getting popular too soon, not having a finished structure, etc...

That is the past. From now on we are running a complete zero-toleration policy. Due to the changes in the bot infrastructure, and recent developments, we will need fewer GMs and be more selective about our members of staff. As always users are encouraged to report any other player (including GMs) when they aren't behaving properly. Just because someone is a GM that doesn't mean you can't talk up, you have all right to speak up if you can back it up.

There will be a lot of changes in the way things will be run. We will have a new server admin for Eurobattle and we will only keep about a third of the current GMs. U.cant.win and myself sat down tonight and made a selection, taking only the GMs to the next stage that have really contributed to the community and shown integrity in their dedication, motivation and manners whilst setting a good example for the community.

As I said, the bots will hopefully be online tonight, which will give everyone enough time to read a bit about Eurobattle and get accustomed to the new territory. DotArank will be the official community to run organised dota games with an outstanding gamequality. I have been talking to Eurobattle management for some time now and we have their full support. As I said I was disappointed by the drop in the gamequality recently and that will change.

I see this as a next step, the beta time on Northrend gave us enough time to filter and weed out a lot of players whilst also leaving room to discover some true gems in this community. As I said, DotArank is moving on to the next stage, the restructuring of the members of staff will be announced in a couple of days.

I also have to report that the work on the new design and forums is a bit stagnant, we're still looking for more designers to apply.

You will probably run into some problems whilst trying to configure the Eurobattle connection. You will still be able to join bnet at any time if you wish to do so, Eurobattle will just be another server on your Realm list. If you run into problems, please read the stickies on the Eurobattle forums first and if it still doesn't work, then post your question here or on their forums. If needed we will organise a detailed how-to sticky.

That's everything for now. Here's the tutorial on how to get started on Eurobattle: How-To

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Default Re: Moving Servers & Development

im having difficulties with connecting to server and i cant find any topic explaining how to solve problems with connection...
    account name "netrat" is bisy
    i dont really think its a good idea...

--recent update--

ok, so i finally joined eurobattle.net with account "netrat_dr", i downloaded wrong version of client(it was too old, in faq "how to connect" there is a link to old version 1.22, so make sure ur downloading 1.23 version of client, u can find it here after "1) Download our new installer:"), everything seems fine atm, though channel "dotarank" is empty
    one more note - ur supposed to install client to the same folder with ur warcraft III, so that euroloader.exe and wc3.exe are in the same folder
    after installing it, use euroloader.exe to run wc3 with eurobattle.net gateway working properly
    <br />

I also successfully connected to Eurobattle, my nick "Dope_Man".

-.-

did everything.....typed in my acc and pw end then its stuck....did i miss something?
    Signature was too large.

well i registrated, confirmed, activated and installed but i miss the eurobattle server in game
    anyone could help?

Quote Originally Posted by 2advanced
    well i registrated, confirmed, activated and installed but i miss the eurobattle server in game
    anyone could help?
    make sure u start game via euroloader.exe and if u have file eurobattle.reg try merging it to registry & after that start euroloader.exe
    <br />

Sounds cool
    Will ranks etc be moved also? I know it doesnt matter just a good indicator for skill(leaving wise).

I moved succesfully to eurobattle, nick is still potmus!

After running the installer, I had to doubleclick the eurobattle.reg file (shows up in your wc3 folder) in order for the eurobattle server to show up (as Netrat said). This is probably your issue also 2advanced.

solved acc lol_sex
    Signature was too large.

I did it!

Friesisch_Scott now as the do not allow an "-" character.
    I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!

yes thank you problem solved

Alright guys, I'm glad to see so many positive responses. I will change the "Battle.Net" tab on the website now so you will be able to register and confirm your account.

The bot is already online in the eurobattle channel but isn't hosting yet, you can register your accounts. I have to do some more bugtesting before I'll leave it to host games.

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

Hmm im in channel: dotarank but see no bot?

Nvm, i added dotarank.com to friends and saw it was in testgame

i got there without any trouble, yeah, luck be with me
    but this freaking bot learned to speak, i am kinda afraid of him

btw do u get the same rank then u had before, would be nice

K I'm already there. Can you do spambot for channel "clan dr"?
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

pitty most gms aint able to host games there anymore.. so there will be no more morning games as there wont be enuf to sign =/

why does the gm cant host anymore?

sure they can..

Rogers fixed the bot now, all is working..

signing, hosting, playing, rocking, owning, fighting.. and much more
    All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

woah the pubgames at eurobattle are the worst I've ever seen.
    70% get boots first regardless of their hero.
    people are flaming although they really don't know how to play. they KS each other on purpose and then boast how good they are wtf?

Im grossen Buch des Lebens steht es schwarz auf weiss geschrieben:
    Du sollst Dich von allen Menschen stets am meisten lieben.
    Du sollst keine anderen Gtter haben neben Dir,
    Ich bin mein eig'ner Gott und ich gehre nur mir!

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazza
    woah the pubgames at eurobattle are the worst I've ever seen.
    70% get boots first regardless of their hero.
    people are flaming although they really don't know how to play. they KS each other on purpose and then boast how good they are wtf?

That's why they have safelisted communities and inhouses running, the pubs aren't great. I will see what we can do about that to bring new players. The admins said it wouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to have it dotarank players only at first to keep it small and do work on the development.

On a side-note all GMs that registered have their access now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast