Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upcoming Changes and News

Hi guys,

it's once again time for some big news. It's been almost two weeks and I haven't been telling you much about what's going on. I've been very busy personally, my exams start next week and I will hopefully pass those. I also needed a little break from working 24/7 on DotArank.

Some good news, although many people haven't moved to eurobattle for understandble reasons and due to technical difficulties, there aren't a lot of players on the server, however the games are of great quality and the bot is running completely stable.

The bots are almost ready to work on both servers. After I finish my exams I will implement the Warden bypass and then we can be on Northrend again. The bot will be able to support an unlimited amount of games, with no lagg and it will work for both servers. So if 5 people sign up on Northrend and 5 people sign up on Eurobattle, they will all be able to play in the same game. Now how cool is that? :-)

For the time being, if you use IRC you can join us at #dotarank on Quakenet for a little chat whenever you want to. Also if you are using twitter, you can check out Arank on Twitter. I know there isn't much on there yet, I'm just experimenting :-)

I am also working on the new website and forums. With the new bot the website & forums will come as a bonus package. After that the new Skill Level ranking system and the Team Balancing system will be implemented.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Default Re: Upcoming Changes and News

gj

keep up the good work

we <3 U :>

piti that we have few ppl on euro :-\
    Signature was too large.

Quote Originally Posted by lol_sex
    gj

keep up the good work

we <3 U :>

piti that we have few ppl on euro :-\
    Yes I'm aware of that problem, but the quality of games is great. I will try to eliminate the player problem, we'll soon have server announcements for our channel, but I don't know how this will affect the game quality. It's a gamble I'm taking there...

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

Nice update Roger You'd better take those exams XD

Great work on time you did post something. Clan sex and dces have sucked some of the players over
    Times come when you turn around and run as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers
    So if 5 people sign up on Northrend and 5 people sign up on Eurobattle, they will all be able to play in the same game. Now how cool is that? :-)
    Best thing ever! Rogers you rule!
    I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!

omg? clan sex sucked no players away. when the warden update came, we decided that we are to lazy to join this eurobattle thing. Josu was pretty bored at this time so he also tried to make some kind of bot. but it wasn't planed for public use. he created at first for the longest members of clan sex to host some games, cause some of us (including me^^) have a shitty connection and cant even host games. And suddenly now there are about 30-40 people in our channel who want to play.

we are NO new dotarank...

Mfg rape

/edit: good luck roger at your exams i am looking forward to play dotarank again if all your plans happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers

Yes I'm aware of that problem, but the quality of games is great. I will try to eliminate the player problem, we'll soon have server announcements for our channel, but I don't know how this will affect the game quality. It's a gamble I'm taking there...
    Imo the quality has decreased since the move from northrend to eurobattle. At Northrend half of the games were enjoyable.. at eurobattle it's usually one out of five games that are good.
    Since there are so few people the games are usually so mixed up that the gap between the players is too high to be enjoyable.

Well whatever.. hooray for going back to North soon \o/
    Im grossen Buch des Lebens steht es schwarz auf weiss geschrieben:
    Du sollst Dich von allen Menschen stets am meisten lieben.
    Du sollst keine anderen Gtter haben neben Dir,
    Ich bin mein eig'ner Gott und ich gehre nur mir!

Epic ! ;D

they will all be able to play in the same game
    wow, thats imba ^^
    and if we host a pub game in nortrend, can it be accessed from eurobattle?
    <br />

yes it can.

WELL DONE ROGERS! i didnt like playing on eurobattle to much cause of the lack of players, so i gota jump back and forth and all my m8s who i like to play with are in northernd.
    Im glad to see that the bypass didnt take as long as u said, 3-5 months? anyways good luck with exams and il look forward to the bots return.

roger u are imba dude 8) niceone
    and gl with exams

Great job!!!!
    Good luck with ur exams

Quote Originally Posted by r4peX
    omg? clan sex sucked no players away. when the warden update came, we decided that we are to lazy to join this eurobattle thing. Josu was pretty bored at this time so he also tried to make some kind of bot. but it wasn't planed for public use. he created at first for the longest members of clan sex to host some games, cause some of us (including me^^) have a shitty connection and cant even host games. And suddenly now there are about 30-40 people in our channel who want to play.

we are NO new dotarank...

Mfg rape

/edit: good luck roger at your exams i am looking forward to play dotarank again if all your plans happen.
    Thanks for the good luck. I believe that clan sex just offered the players that couldn't make it to eurobattle shelter and gave them a possibility to survive on Northrend. Of course you could argue that they could've done that in the clano dr channel, but I'm not going to. I believe in the good in everyone and I am thankful for clan sex doing so. When the bot is going to be back everything will be back to normal in no time ;-)

Good news and thx that u dont see it as an act of pulling dr membs away, its just like rape said.
    Seeing forward that arank has its sucessful comeback on Northrend

First i want to say good job on your work Roger,and good luck on your exams. And second see you North players in games,i bet euro will own you :P .

Sweet news! Keep it up Rog and gl on ur exams.

Sounds great Rogers, I am especially looking forward for the ranking/balancing system. Growing more and more tired of DL every day that passes.
    Good luck at your exsames, sure you don't need any luck but here it is anyways ;-)

Good luck with your exams. And good news. I will be back as soon as my "concours" finish.

Good luck on your exams roger . Good job as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast