Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Gaming Client - Suggestion Collection

xD

Time to celebrate ;P

R.I.P. Rogers No more work on client for u now :P

None to bring justice to the dotarank none help the poor and ugly and ban ppl D:
    <br /><br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5893.0 &lt;------Hero roles Guide.<br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5908.0 &lt;------Dirge &quot;Undy&quot; The Undying guide.

looks like hell want most of the irc possibilities

i always liked the irc design. gms getting ops for example, vouched players a + for voice etc pp. mby some recognize the features those features

On behalv of the dead ones:

--- We will always remember that you tried to read through the whole post. ---
    -------------------------------Nice try, though!-----------------------------------------

Post Scriptum: I wanted to change my sig a long time ago, but I can't, becouse as I click on Profile I get "Keine Verbindung zur Datenbank. Fehlermeldung:". So, just deal with it until this is resolved.
    "They will always be smarter than you think they are, but never as smart as they think they are - women."

Quote Originally Posted by HellOfSalvation
    On behalv of the dead ones:

--- We will always remember that you tried to read through the whole post. ---
    -------------------------------Nice try, though!-----------------------------------------

Post Scriptum: I wanted to change my sig a long time ago, but I can't, becouse as I click on Profile I get "Keine Verbindung zur Datenbank. Fehlermeldung:". So, just deal with it until this is resolved.
    That is a very strange bug. It seems the website is unable to connect to the bot website, maybe some IP routing problem. I've disabled the failsafes, if you see a list of outdated bnet accounts do not worry about it.

You can save the world now, change the sig size! :-)

You can resize the image with tags: [IMG width=XX height=XX]
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Could make people in game destinct color and afk another so its easier to get a view of who is there and may be willing to play.. just a thought

A few things that I would appreciate on the client:
    1) Timestamps in front of messages
    2) See who are in the games somehow
    3) Next to Signed Players, a simple counter (x/10)
    4) Also next to signed players it can say the mode that is leading.
    4) Put a full sign list (10/10) on hold when there is an open game. Atm it would just say there are no HostBots available, and clear the list.
    5) Higlights when someone typs your name, or even an option tab where you can add custom highlights. (colour/sound/both)
    6) A whisper/pm system, private convo's.
    7) Add colours in the userlist, that show who is a GM/ranker.

That's about all I can think of right now.

I think some of those are rather easy to add, others might be hard/impossible. I don't know

A bunch are probably already suggested anyway, and come from IRC

My suggestions:

- Add starting page (tab) with title "Announcements" where people can see whats going on with the community, patch notes (not all chanelog), tournament winners and simple news like that.

- today asked 10000 questions, patch this, patch that, doesnt work this, doesnt work that, bug bug bug... just because they didnt get the info

- Private chat between users should be in floatable window, not a different tab if possible

- Dont reset sign list if there are no host bots available

- Add little icons or level indicator

Quote Originally Posted by 420.Everyday
    My suggestions:

- Add starting page (tab) with title "Announcements" where people can see whats going on with the community, patch notes (not all chanelog), tournament winners and simple news like that.

- today asked 10000 questions, patch this, patch that, doesnt work this, doesnt work that, bug bug bug... just because they didnt get the info
    That is a very very nice suggestion. I will implement something like this. Possibly not for the changelog, but for news around the client and the community.

Quote Originally Posted by 420.Everyday
    - Private chat between users should be in floatable window, not a different tab if possible
    I have considered it, but I always hated to have an insane amount of open windows' when you talk to people that's why I wanted to keep it in one place.
    I need more opinions on this matter.

Also I need suggestions for preferences, what to put in there.
    Mage just suggested today that you can chose whether you want the client to minimize to the system tray or just minimize as a window. If you can think of anything else where you would like to have a choice, please do tell me ;-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers
    I have considered it, but I always hated to have an insane amount of open windows' when you talk to people that's why I wanted to keep it in one place.
    I need more opinions on this matter.
    yea. i have suggested that too quickly. lots of windows would be annoying.
    i never like tabbed chat like in MirC. but its definitely better than lots of windows. (see below for some suggestion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers
    Also I need suggestions for preferences, what to put in there.
    well you probably thought of them but here it goes:

General:
    - to open private chat in new window or to leave it in tabs like default
    - minimize to tray (as already suggested, its good one)
    - show "me" away when i don't write nothing for XXX minutes.
    - link to a warcraft3 game exe so you can start it from client
    - keep main chat log
    - automatic sign in

Sound:
    - all sound on/off
    - play sound when game hosted
    - play sound when game you joined started
    - play sound when friend comes online

Please add polish signs like ł, ą. What do you think about the idea of translating the client to other languages?

P.S.: please give me GM rights and color on client.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

my next possible suggestions is :

* Have little icones in chat and whisper like that ( : ??? ;D ...)
    * Have A sound when a friend whisper
    * The Status in nickname like (graphboy"away") or (louki " ingame")

* The Status in nickname like (graphboy"away") or (louki " ingame")
    that would work with irc command /nick iwc^afk for example
    means you login normally but can change your nick

/whois iwc^afk
    ** iwc^afk is logged in for 484516162 hours
    ** iwc^afk is logged in as iwontcarry
    ** iwc^afk is a Game Moderator
    ** iwc^afk is in channels: Public, Inhouse, DCE, ....

** iwc^afk is a Game Noob

Fixed.

Would be great, i also would like to have ...

• the option to kick per right-click and also ban and baninfo...
    • and the "click on the url and the firefox opens with it" option would be great too... TyR) is spaming with youtube vids, and i have to copy&paste all the time ^^
    • and the option to turn the freaking voice off or at least made it smoother :P
    All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

Things i forget to mention...

• Make Rules about Nicknames, that Rasist or Pervers or whatever u have in mind nicks are forbidden
    • Make that i can turn off what channel i want to join @start... i dont want all the channels i have now ^^
    • Vouch per right click... so i can vouch fast into Tournament channel (and ofcourse unvouch ^^ )
    • it would be nice, that we could "mute" a channel... so if they are mass flames, and i want to say something, i can mute the channel so only i can write... if u get my drift :P
    • i dont know if that is possible, but maybe that i can whisper u when u are offline, and u get it when u get online... same kind of saving the message on the server thingy...
    • a private mode, so noone can whisper me
    • can u make an "u really want to close the client?" message, if u are ingame? just in case for idiots like me...
    • and sometimes, i lose chat connection when im ingame, can u make an button to restore the connection without restarting client? if im playing on tour, its importent for me to stay connected
    • Thanks, and good night :P

Default Suggestion about client!

1. Get some more better skin for client , something normal , modern....

2. Make all nicks bold black color......but for gm's and admins make color when thay write message.....i mean make their msg's in color not nicknames.....ofc to basic members make put same messages (black)

3. disable reporting ppls by writing message in game !report because i can report som1 without proofs and he can get banned.....

4. Make something better for our buddyes.....that we can see in what channel thay are......and some better messager when we speak with buddy.....because when i send message to my friend he cant see my message if he is new here.......make something when we send message to our friend or some1 else he get alarm so he will know that he have message (if he is afk from chennel in what we speaking with him , he gets alarm when we send messag to him)

Sorry for too bad english....
    [b][size=7][color=red]Repub[color=blue]lika S[color=white]rpska

Default Re: Suggestion about clinet!

Quote Originally Posted by RoS-G.Riblj4
    1. Get some more better skin for client , something normal , modern....

2. Make all nicks bold black color......but for gm's and admins make color when thay write message.....i mean make their msg's in color not nicknames.....ofc to basic members make put same messages (black)

3. disable reporting ppls by writing message in game !report because i can report som1 without proofs and he can get banned.....

4. Make something better for our buddyes.....that we can see in what channel thay are......and some better messager when we speak with buddy.....because when i send message to my friend he cant see my message if he is new here.......make something when we send message to our friend or some1 else he get alarm so he will know that he have message (if he is afk from chennel in what we speaking with him , he gets alarm when we send messag to him)

Sorry for too bad english....
    1. not top priority and current skin is normal enough.
    2. no... already there.... imo its fine like this and colored text makes it more chaotic..... and now in english?
    3. the games that get reported get looked upon by a gm before bans are issued, those reported dont get an autoban, so get ur facts straight.
    4. havent found friends(list) yet? try keeping up with changelogs, as it is already implemented. and why would you need to see what channels they are? and try whispering/querying someone.
    5. there is already a client suggestions topic, why make a new one....
    6. rogers for president!

Merged both threads into one.
    I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!

• An option to autosave the Replays.. like Timestamp / Gamename / Whateveruhaveinmind!

Quote Originally Posted by Flutschi
    • An option to autosave the Replays.. like Timestamp / Gamename / Whateveruhaveinmind!
    U can save every replay after game or search for it "LastReplay" this function for autosave i dont like cause it collect only trash at HD

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast