Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Default Gaming Client - Suggestion Collection

Hey guys,

please post here if you have ideas for the upcoming gaming client.

The initial function that it will have is:

1) Let you sign up for games from the client.
    2) Make a sound when your game has been hosted, so that you can be tabbed out of the game without missing your reserved slot.

A possibility is to make it some kind of a social platform: include chat channels, a friendslist etc... now it's your turn, post your ideas and help develop dotarank :-)

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Default Re: Gaming Client - Suggestion Collection

Updating DotA
    that u can just click "Update" and voilà the new DotA is downloading from getdota.com

Something simmular to LC
    Searching for the Game, and sending the game to the LAN.. so i wont have to connect to BNET

that what i had in mind so far ..
    All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

So you cant host games with the client ? Maybe you could include a function which allows poeple with a certain rank, or game moderator to host with the client. I mean can't we make it similiar to the old client ? So that you can host your own custom games and when it ends stats are saved to the database. (like -10 for leaver and +1 etc for ppl who stayed)
    But good news! Seems you will work on the client soon The idea withthe social platform sounds great to me, it makes the client less anonymous. Poeple could speak directly to gms concerning game ruining or bad mannerd player.

Regards,
    J0su

mayb an mIRC bot? standard spamming someones nick gives a sound. Dont know how hard it is to code a bot for it though, been a while since i used it.

Maby the client could show a "game finished" table, where one can add additional ratings for the players: un-mannered persons could be marked by red, for example, and as soon as a player was marked by at least 2 players, he will get a -5pts penalty for bad behaviour - basically as in banlist. Such features may be limited to trusworthy ppl, like gm or trial-gm or new sub-gms, or just players with ranks over 10 or something.
    Other penalties, such as -10pts for insults or -2 for frequent lagging may be conceivable, too.

On the other hand, however, the system has to remain clear and easy, see http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?to...13949#msg13949 .

nice idea

i'm setting my laptop to sleep pretty often so some reconnect possibility from within the client would be awesome

- if you select a game you get a list of the players that are playing in it
    - people who play get marked (i.e. a * behind their name or sth like that)
    Im grossen Buch des Lebens steht es schwarz auf weiss geschrieben:
    Du sollst Dich von allen Menschen stets am meisten lieben.
    Du sollst keine anderen Gtter haben neben Dir,
    Ich bin mein eig'ner Gott und ich gehre nur mir!

As i sugested ingame , you can implement info about the game like , when we click double on the game we can see who are the players inside...
    Also it would be nice to have !sign command in the client

Regards,
    Freestyler
    <br /><br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5893.0 &lt;------Hero roles Guide.<br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5908.0 &lt;------Dirge &quot;Undy&quot; The Undying guide.

Make sure that client can be used without the port forwarding ;D = TY!

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead
    Make sure that client can be used without the port forwarding ;D = TY!
    +1
    All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

Hi,
    This is some of my ideas :

*1) Voice conference or Hotkey for VOice Chat
    *2) A join button : You clique him and he open w3 for you and go to lan
    *3)¨Private wisper
    *4) Option that you can see players in any running game

;D

Yes that would be good like on garena a join button , also can i ask is there any games in inhouse chat ; )
    <br /><br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5893.0 &lt;------Hero roles Guide.<br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5908.0 &lt;------Dirge &quot;Undy&quot; The Undying guide.

I would humbly suggest several things for the client.

First of all there should be a *Help* option in the client. This is an easier way for everyone to learn everything there is to learn about: Client works, DotA Rank works and the principles of this community. Also, there should be a list of current GMs, your name (Sir Rogers), the public commands. Also, information about InHouse channel / game / players should be stated.

For the Chat:

[commands]
    1) More chat commands, maybe a chat bot that would answer to !seen or !whois commands. These commands have the purpose of informing players about other players' statuses, like: how long has he been afk (if the player is online) - when was the last login of a specific player (if the player is offline). Also the bot would prevent spam-like situations. I know there aren't any, now, but in the future there surely will be, as with any other chat channels.
    2) A command that would change the background of chat, the colors should be very light and also the color options should be stated in the help option.
    3) A *stats* command that shows DotA Rank overall stats like: Total games played; Total players encountered; Most preferred mode.
    4) A personal *stats* command that only shows personal stats like: Rank; Total games played; Most played mode.
    5) Besides the private chat stated below, there should be a *whisper* option.

[visuals / eyecandy/audio]
    1) A different font for the nicknames in chat or use a Bold structure. Here you can juggle with ideas, but I hope you've got what I meant.
    2) Also use some form of highlighting the players' names in the *Signed Players* window, apart from the mode.
    3) Some form of highlight in the *Signed Players* window for the last player that signed at the present moment.
    4) For the players that are on client window: there should be a form of slight highlight for the ones that are in game, afk or signed. Not only highlight, but an order as well (probably the ones that are just in chat first, followed by signed, in-game and those that are afk. In the future (this is not necessary) maybe we should expand players window with a tab that shows rank for each player in client. This option can be shown or hidden depending on user preferences.
    5) Audio (small sounds only, could be from hostbot, it has several ear friendly sounds) for: Game lobby is hosted, game lobby is full, game started, game ended.
    6) Bringing in the smileys is not a strong suggestion, still this a very popular thing. I guess there should be a time limit poll about this.
    7) A constant updated ping should be shown in the bar below chat. Maybe this created lag -- I don't know (maybe only from 5 to 5 seconds). But it can be useful when.
    8) About *Running Games* counter, it should be more eye friendly. Number centered and highlighted some more.
    9) Different little icon for each GM in client and they should be on top of the list always.
    10) Personal nickname should be last one in players list box.

[functions]
    1) For each game that is going on in the *Started Games* box, there should be a function that could show you the players in that specific game. The order of the players should be the order in which they had started the game, for easy recognition of Sentinel / Scourge sides. This could be shown either by a mouse hover or a mouse right click function which gives you the option to *View players*. For the *Open Games* window, I suggest it should have the same function stated above, to see the free slots. The order should be as they are in the game lobby.
    2) One function that allows to enter a private chat with a player. This option is attained by right clicking a specific player in the players box OR it could be through a command.
    3) Being able to sign without mode specified.

Also, this can be difficult or maybe innapropriate, but maybe there should be a 1v1 channel and with all the works for it implemented. This could be in a poll, but first, just as a suggestion, becouse it may not fit into DotA Rank principles.

I know, guys, it's a big and difficult post, but for those interested, I don't think it could be an obstacle. This is all I can think of at the moment. Be sure I will post (EDIT) when more ideas / suggestions come.
    "They will always be smarter than you think they are, but never as smart as they think they are - women."

man change signature....
    <br /><br />http://myownageofnoobs.smfforfree3.com/index.php &lt;---- My Clan Forum MooN(made 1h ago i work on it )

Just make the private chat/whisper command and something like on garena a w3 start button

roger work on it
    <br /><br />http://myownageofnoobs.smfforfree3.com/index.php &lt;---- My Clan Forum MooN(made 1h ago i work on it )

yeah roger hurry you lazy bastard

or did you just forget an "s"?

Quote Originally Posted by HellOfSalvation
    I would humbly suggest several things for the client.

*Sir-Rogers died of a heartattack on the 30th July 2009 whilst reading the rest of this post*

R.I.P.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

In memory of Sir Rogers :'(

Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things we can go through.

No words can express what I am feeling right now and I’m sure only time can help me accept the fact that Rogers has left us.

He showed strength until the end and always had some enlightening words for us.

Let’s be happy that he has finally gone home to our creator.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast