Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What the hell is SS?

SS is a nice community,but you need to give your best in every game,i`m playing there for a few years (not too much this days) and didn`t have any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by _Seeker_
    SS is a nice community,but you need to give your best in every game,i`m playing there for a few years (not too much this days) and didn`t have any problem.
    From what ive heard and read its not a nice community > mby it was in the old days but now most of the players there seem to think their better then everyone els so if something goes wrong its never their fault and they like to make that really clear for the other people in the game.

I`m going to tell you what they want. They want pro ppl that play at same lvl,but this thing doesn`t exist in real world,and they can`t understand this. Ofc their are cocky players that brag here and there but this doesn`t have to annoy you, just ignore him/them. You can have good games there and fun as well,you just need to play with the right players. The truth is that i haven`t been playing there for some time(not only there but every where) because i`m working and don`t know what is the atmosphere there now,but if you manage to make some friends good games come as a bonus. Anyway just ignore the ones that brag and try to have some fun,in the end is just a game.

/squelch

*but wont improve the teamplay

Quote Originally Posted by _Seeker_
    if you manage to make some friends good games come as a bonus.
    Playing games with friends in a friendly atmosphere is all that's needed. The good games are a result of that.

Of course there's always the skill issue, but the GMs are doing a good job balancing teams manually whilst I'm working on an automatic solution.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

SS is a league with much higher skill level than Dotarank so don't talk about somthing u know nothing about. Fairly average SS-er stomps Dotarank games like no problem since there are Razors with nulls, venge with mask of death + 2 tangos at 15 min mark, centaurs rushing bfury and so on. About people who cry being sacrificial lambs on SS - get some skill. Of course people with 1-9 leshrac with boots + 2 bracers at 40 min mark get flames because they can't play and ruin games. If you want to join SS check out ss forum on eurobattle.net

Quote Originally Posted by rQd.Juice.FF
    SS is a league with much higher skill level than Dotarank so don't talk about somthing u know nothing about. Fairly average SS-er stomps Dotarank games like no problem since there are Razors with nulls, venge with mask of death + 2 tangos at 15 min mark, centaurs rushing bfury and so on. About people who cry being sacrificial lambs on SS - get some skill. Of course people with 1-9 leshrac with boots + 2 bracers at 40 min mark get flames because they can't play and ruin games. If you want to join SS check out ss forum on eurobattle.net
    When you compare yourself with the worst players at dotarank ofc you seem better, just because you can pick out some people that doesnt play well you think your on a much higher skill level? Mby ss is better and mby not, but you dont see cocky dotarank players running around to other communities saying that their better just because they played against some of the bad players and stomped them.

PS. Dotarank is a place where you have fun with your friends and have good games not like SS where there is just wanna be pros that expect every game to be 100% serious playing and 0% fun & 0%mistakes. And in the end some SS players end up comming to dotarank but only the nice people are the onces staying cause if your flame every player that isent as good as the people in SS you wondt get away with it as easily as you do in your ''pro'' community

Acctualy I think dr has players that can easily stomp the shit out of whole ss league not just 5 of you guys... *insert everything that bloob.bank said here* I agree with this xD
    Sometimes even to live is an act of courage<br /><br /><br />

well maybe we just should keep it that way, ss is a league, dr a community and quit this discussion.
    maybe there can be a showmatch aranged between the best players from both side, else this whole skill discussion seem to be quite redundant

I believe the problem for many players is that they end up in the low quality "sign" games. Which wasn't the case. It used to be the case that the quality in all the games was good, but due to events this is the way things developed and it would be hard to change back from that so we're going with it.

The eurobattle channel aswell as the "Public Chat" channel on the client will be our open and public channels. You do not need anything to play there, it's open and free. However the inhouse games will be completely organised over the client in its private channel(s) where you will need a vouch to get into.

There are a few positive points about this:

1) Players are protected from newcomers and gameruiners because those people will most likely not get into the private channels.

2) Gameruiners that could earlier on just make a new account after being banned and ruin more games will stay out completely since the client will have a few mechanisms to completely ban a user.

The public chat and the inhouse channel will be the only two division for now. Of course there will be very well mannered but a bit lesser skilled people in the inhouse channel and games will be balanced around that. It will not be "all pro 100% serious"; I wouldn't want that. The people who will play in the inhouse channel will know how to play in a team and that's the most important thing. The quality of games will be a lot higher just because of that fact, since teamplay decides 90% of the outcome of the game.

The people who won't get into the inhouse are: gameruiners, flamers and complete newbies to the game. However for the newbies there will be a special training place to show them how dota works, they will not be left with the flamers in the public channel. We will try to take care of everyone to the best of our ability and make sure that we find a place where every player fits in individually.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

The DotA Newbies are to interract with DotA Coaches. Am I right?

_________

Through what I've read and looking back at what I've experienced I think that once a player reaches a certain level of skill he tends to forget about the fun of the game or even the fun of playing with friends. The player that once played for the fun of the game and enjoyed it no matter the outcome now is obsessed with winning. Once a player gets some applause from the crowd he is a different man. Not only he becomes arogant, but also doesn't accept a loss and will do anything to blame someone (or just finding anything else wrong, but ignores himself) and that can turn into flaming, reporting.. you name it.

I've seen the same problem with clans. Take a clan chieftain and make it a clan only with same level skilled friends. Once the chieftain gets some form of feedback from other players that he is even a bit better from the rest of his clan, he will become all-time aware of this. With this in his mind while playing a game it can make some serious damage in the clan. In the final stage, the chieftain will disband the clan, flame it's former members and he will do that becouse he couldn't accept any loss anymore playing with his team becouse he has that superiority in his mind.

_________

The SS League -- Called in many ways: "best league", "Xpam's Best", etc. This league is mainly a bunch of players that get too much attention. They get this publicity becouse the admins are on their side (They are SS) so, they have direct acces to the Eurobattle.net news page, announcements (in the game, as well). If this wasn't enough, they added the awards, just to be a little more recognized amongst the rest of the "petty pubbers", just to add a little more glitter near their nickname. Who do they showo off to? Well, still.. to the "petty pubbers".

Of course, how could they not be arrogant? You can't be like them: you don't have high access, you're not vouched, you don't even have and award showcase and of course, again, you need to be thoroughly analyzed before you can even enter the channel. Playing with them.. well, that is another story. You somehow have to be picked by the great vouchers and they would take a risk just to play with you. Don't worry, you will get picked.. oh, yes, if your team loses, expect to be flamed and who knows what, becouse, yes, you are the newcomer.

This arrogance, that is obvious is a simple result of (personality, of course) and also isolating these players and highlighting them like a christmas tree. This result is only natural. I believe this is the fundamental problem of a player developing his skills into a community; they tend to forget how close they are to where they've started.

We at DotaRank will not (hopefully) forget our origins, nor will we get obsessed with the outcome of any game to forsake our close ones. This is a new beginning.

_________

If I offended anyone here in this post, I sincerely appologise becuse it wasn't my purpose. I simply shared my vision on the DotA - player - developing - world. I still wish people an old fashion GL & HF, especially, guys, Have Fun!
    "They will always be smarter than you think they are, but never as smart as they think they are - women."

dude ;D your banner is waay to big, on my screen i gotta scroll over to see the entire thing

Blood.Bank whine me a river

And to add my two cents - Dont play in SS ;D DotArank ftw k? ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12