Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 8 Most Important Security Enhancements + What To Do If You're Infected

8 Most Important Security Enhancements

1. Check Windows Update and Office Update regularly (http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates); Click on the Automatic Updates tab in the System control panel and choose the appropriate options.
    2. Install a personal firewall. Both SyGate (http://www.sygate.com) and ZoneAlarm (http://www.zonelabs.com) offer free versions.

3. Install a free spyware blocker. I am choose SpyBot Search & Destroy (http://security.kolla.de). SpyBot is also paranoid and ruthless in hunting out tracking cookies.
    4. Block pop-up spam messages by disabling the Windows Messenger service.
      Open Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services and you'll see Messenger
      Right-click and go to Properties, Set Start-up Type to Disabled and press the Stop button. Bye spam pop-ups!
    5. Use strong passwords and change them periodically. Passwords should have at least seven characters; use letters and numbers and have at least one symbol.
    6. If you're using Outlook or Outlook Express, use the current version or one with the Outlook Security Update installed. The update and current versions patch numerous vulnerabilities.
    7. Buy antivirus software and keep it up to date. If you're not willing to pay, try AVG Free Edition
    8. If you have a wireless network, turn on the security features: Use MAC filtering, turn off SSID broadcast, and even use WEP with the biggest key you can get.

What To Do If You're Infected

Check up scan procedure:
    Malware (Spyware, Adware, Trojans, Viruses) are every increasing in their frequency, and abilities to disguise themselves.
    This guide will help you to remove many of the most common problems, and allow us to help you most efficiently. It may look daunting, but shouldn't take long to complete.

Step 1:
    Download TFC to your desktop

• Close any open windows.
    • Double click the TFC icon to run the program
    • TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
    • Click the Start button to begin the process.
    • Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
    • The program should not take long to finish it's job
    • Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean

Step 2:
    Download SuperAntiSpyware

• Load SuperAntiSpyware and click the Check for updates button.
    • Once the update is finished click the Scan your computer button.
    • Check Perform Complete Scan and then next.
    • SuperAntiSpyware will now scan your computer and when its finished it will list all the infections it has found.
    • Make sure that they all have a check next to them and press next.
    • Click finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
    • Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab. Click the dated log and press view log and a text file will appear.
    • Copy and paste the log onto the forum.

Step 3:
    Download Malwarebytes' AntiMalware

Double click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
    • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart. Restart if it tells you to.
    • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
      Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.
    Last edited by bitchgotraped; 26-08-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitchgotraped View Post

If you have a wireless network, turn on the security features: Use MAC filtering, turn off SSID broadcast, and even use WEP with the biggest key you can get.
    Nab.
    wpa2/psk with TKIP/AES encryption is teh way to go.

Wep encryption (64/128/256bit all the same), even with MAC filtering and hidden SSID is easily crackable in the matters of minute (backtrack anyone ? )
    Last edited by marcvs; 26-08-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcvs View Post
    Wep encryption (54/128/256bit all the same), even with MAC filtering and hidden SSID is easily crackable in the matters of minute (backtrack anyone ? )
    been there, done that
    Check out my blog about Blizzard Dota

does "network sharing infrection" can cause lags in games? in other way makes your ping high?

Quote Originally Posted by Irs2k3 View Post
    does "network sharing infrection" can cause lags in games? in other way makes your ping high?
    Not at all , it's "network sharing" which is in Local Area Network (LAN) and not through your own internet connection. It doesn't cause lag for sure.

Trolololo, I've been living without firewall/anitvurus/anti spyware for little over a year now. And i'm fine.

go hack me now...
    You cast Thundergod's Wrath.
    Your Thundergod's Wrath hits random Hero for 147 damage. (157 absorbed) (283 resisted) (347 eaten by wolves) (108 abused by Michael Jackson)

Nice
    ( Click to show/hide )

Haruhi-San <3

Best Regards: Melancholy.

I Dled spyware terminator , and detected several issues because I was recently getting a high CPU and high ping as well,then when i deleted them it works like a charm so recommend all to get Spyware, because you don't know what your computer is suffering... and as we all know sami always doing the best to protect us from hacks or maleware software so I support sami for this Awesome Trial gj! and keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse~ View Post
    Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Irs2k3 View Post
    I Dled spyware terminator , and detected several issues because I was recently getting a high CPU and high ping as well,then when i deleted them it works like a charm so recommend all to get Spyware, because you don't know what your computer is suffering... and as we all know sami always doing the best to protect us from hacks or maleware software so I support sami for this Awesome Trial gj! and keep up the good work
    Thank you alot. Your feedback means alot to me.
    Last edited by bitchgotraped; 26-08-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Default Congratulations.

Great tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by GoD.Godlike View Post
    Great tutorial
    Thanks man. Thank you for your feedback .

Default NIce

thx for the tutorial,helped me alot to figure out whats wrong with my pc.TY keep up the good job "BITCH".

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dark_Secret~ View Post
    thx for the tutrial,helped me alot to figure out whats wrong with my pc.TY keep up the good job "BITCH".
    hahahaa you're welcome. Thank you for your feedback

BUMP!

deleted
    Last edited by Irs2k3; 27-08-2011 at 02:01 PM.

pretty awesome
    Facing Internet/PC/Warcraft/LAG-Delay Technical Problems Press here > ??? http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthrea...107#post753107
    Extreme Dota Leauge Room http://www.mymgn.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1996

Conact me on RGC : BυէChεЯ

Nice....ty for the info!!! Once my id got hacked!

Wow a little old but I just now saw it, thanks for your time.
    Great job.

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
    Robert Frost.

1o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Quote Originally Posted by mi _sbrwxneis View Post
    Accused Battle.Net account: kouzi
    Your Battle.Net account:mi_sbrwxneis
    Game Name:AR3546
    Offence of Admin:illegal kick ? dn ksr pws na to pw vsk....
    Time of event:evening

2o Επικότατο report!
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Quote Originally Posted by leledonic View Post
    Accused Battle.Net account:kirchh(off)
    Your Battle.Net account:asdgasgh
    Game Name:de 8imame
    Offence of Admin:maphack kai ban giati ton eipa alvano enw monos tou eipe oti einai apo alvania
    Time of eventeripou 5 to apogema

Awsme

These cell phone jammers are available at a very reasonable price. You can buy this cell phone jammer very easily. As this service takes nominal charges on the network, so you would need to spend a little amount to get complete peace of mind when you are not willing to get disturbed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast