Default AP DM OM NP FR

hi,
    i opened this thread to talk about this mode:

AP (allpick)
    DM (deathmatch)
    OM (onlymid)
    NP (no powerups, runes)
    FR (fast respawn)

as a MTG:TCG and Pokemon TCG fan my friend came up with this DotA mode.

it is best playing 1v1 or 2v2, although we still havent played it that much so i cant say much but our theory how the games should be played.

regular 1v1 is very boring (as proved by countless 1v1 tournaments, arshomnp).

there is not much room for strategy, planing, countering, comebacks, and suprises.

however this mode my friend came up with gives you power to plan heroes you are going to play since is AP.
    if opponent starts with hero that is counter to your hero and you die you can choose another hero to counter him.
    since is AP you dont have to worry about items because YOU choose hero when you die and you can use lots of items, even suprise enemy.

i havent played much of it yet, its pretty new idea to me, and i thought of lots of strategies.

take farmer in the begining and carry or pusher in the end. without your opponent knowing your plans, you can outsmart him.
    it seems like a great way to play dota.

what do you think?

Default Re: AP DM OM NP FR

Haven't played it, but could be good. Still I prefer OMG mode when I feel like extraordinary DotA.
    You cast Thundergod's Wrath.
    Your Thundergod's Wrath hits random Hero for 147 damage. (157 absorbed) (283 resisted) (347 eaten by wolves) (108 abused by Michael Jackson)

tried OMG, its not that good.

i played this mode i wrote about , its awesome. lots of people dont like to THINK when they play and this mode is not for them.

thinking one hero ahead, picking something you dont want him to pick. its pure mindgame. last hitting, even having 3-4 kills in advantage a right counter with right items can twist the game.

next time i may upload some replays.

runes make onlymid a lot more fun, why take them out?

well, they bring much imbalance, one little rune and you get great advantage.
    in most leagues, in 1v1 tournaments, runes are removed.

experimental rune mode would be nice (spawn both runes every 2 minutes) but didn't test it much.

if 2 runes per min both just run to each spot and pwn the enemies with dd/haste or smt like that XD

sounds fun, gonna try it !