PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the rings

Stobbart
24-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Do you like it?

imported_Dave
24-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I do ;D

I read the book (or books, whatever you like to say) a year before he first film.. i really loved the book (it was my first fantasy book, and now i am almost only reading fantasy books :) ) and I was thrilled to hear that there were going to be films about it.. I loved them all, even if they didnt always follow the book, and I have the Special EE of all three movies to have a little look at them every now and then ;)

elchrys
24-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I really want to read the books now that I have watched the films.
I liked the first movie more than the other 2 though, but it is a great trilogy.

Stobbart
24-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Dave, yeah books are great too, I read the books too. But I'm not so great fan of this trilogy.
About other fantasy books: I think that all of them very much similar on each other...
I mostly like read somthing detective with strong story...

imported_blashyrkh
30-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I love Lord of the rings movies. Extremely well done movies.
Very fun to watch. They keep your eyes glued to the screen.

Arcanis
02-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I liked books but they could never beat agatha
I have to agree with Stobbart: Most of fantasy books look too much similar to each other

eRRoRz
13-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I liked The Hobbit more than all 3 LOTR together... I can hardly wait for the movie!

Valdventurer
15-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Well actually when the trilogy was out I said "better read the books before so it is a more exciting experience" so I did other things rather than watch them. Now I have neither watched the movies or read the books ;D.

brunofonseca
04-06-2005, 02:47 AM
For me Lord of the Rings is the greatest book of all times.

It has a great story, great characters, and a nice flow... everything is perfect.

The movies where also great, but I think that I liked the movies better, because I already knew the story. There are so much in the movies that you can only understand after reading the books.

Great, great, great work, either by JRR Tolkien and Peter Jackson..

horacio_funes
13-06-2005, 06:56 AM
i read all the books (including the sillmarillion and the hobbit) after seeing the movies, and i felt sorry that i didnīt knew about the lord of the rings before the movies came out, it would have been better to read first the books... anyway i thinks that TLOTR is one of the best stories ever and the movies are just perfect.
IThe hobbit was very good too but not as good as the trilogy (wich is actually more one book splitted in three than a trilogy) because TLOTR is an more adult stoy than the hobbit.