PDA

View Full Version : Brazil - Argentina

Dimitris Manos
30-06-2005, 05:39 AM
Since I am going to spend the whole night in an airport I came here a bit earlier so that I would watch the Confederations Cup final between Brazil and Argentina. The fact that I had put some money on Brazil to win, made this match even more exciting to me. I was very nervous before the match, because Argentina is of course one of the best teams in the world. But alas, they were no match up for the gods of football.

I think this Brazil, is the best football team we have seen in the last 10 or 20 years. Better than France of 98. Better than Brazil of 2002. Better even than Maradona's Argentina. Yes Maradona was (in my opinion) the best football player to ever grace football fields, but he was one... Now Brazil has Ronaldinio, Kaka, Adriano and Robinhio. Those four are just plainly said football magicians.

On the other hand I have to admit that there were some circumstances that made Brazil's work easier. Argentina played a long match on Sunday against Mexico, Saviola was suspended, and they already had left some players back in Argentina to rest from the beginning of the tournament. And Ronaldinhio could have been suspended today when he elbowed the other Argentinian player (don't remember his name). But still, the difference between the two teams was just huge. The speed of Brazil's counterattacks was just phenomenal. Incredible passing and imagination.

One thing is for sure... there is no European team that can match up to Brazil.

elchrys
30-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Confederations Cup is not such an important cup. Adriano hasn't been so good the whole year with his team, as he was with the national team, so that shows he was in form and in a good mood. They have good players, but all the other teams were just mediocre. I want to see them in the World Cup to have a beeter idea, but I still liked France of '98 the most.

horacio_funes
03-07-2005, 08:56 AM
itīs really really sad for me to say it (you caouldnīt imagine how important football is for us) but i think that brazil is better than the argentina, theyīre the best. Anyway that doesntīmenas theyīre unbeatteable and i donīt think that the difference is huge either. Argentina dindīt play well, they made those two goals at the begining of the game and that made it pretty difficult. But i think that if argentina has its best players (We dindīnt have Abbondanzieri, Mascherano, Ayala and Crespo) and they are in a good day is very possible to beat them, and that was what happened at buenos aires a coupple of weeks ago.
What i do think itīs that by far Brazil and Argentina are the best teams in the world.

phil1908
03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
it will be a pleasure to see both of them back in Germany 2006 ;D

horacio_funes
03-07-2005, 11:59 PM
well, i just hope that donīt happens the same that heppened in korea japan.
If they meet in the finals i donīt know whoīs going to win but itīll be a lot greater game that the one in the confederations cup for sure.

phil1908
04-07-2005, 03:36 AM
I'm european ;D