PDA

View Full Version : War of the worlds .... bleehhhh

Dimitris Manos
13-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Poor 7 euros that I paid to the cinema. Why did I have to do that, why? The beginning was not that bad, but the movie just turned worse and worse as it progressed. Did you like it?

stone
13-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Nice, I was to see this film on thursday and now I'm not sure if should:)
But maybe it is better this way as I wont expect much of this film and thus it might easier to watch:)

elchrys
13-07-2005, 04:17 AM
I bet it's just another 'the world will end, but the good guys will save it'...

imported_wedge
13-07-2005, 02:30 PM
I've seen it to, but I like it, okay the good wins at the end, but it is already the case on the book, and on the previous movie, my dad who have seen the film that were made in 1954, said it was close to this first movie as wel. I cannot tell how close it is of the book as I'm just starting to read it.

hagstrumpa
21-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I thought it was a great movie. A lot better than I had expected it to be. The dramaturgy was lovely, retro, back to the classical old school sci-fi and monster films and the dark dramatic music framed the movie in a apocalyptic way.
To my great relief the movie was also entirely cleared of annoying punchlines and supposedly funny sidekicks.
A classical masterpiece! Don't hesitate to see it.

nipeng
24-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Well a) it is a remake and b) it is coming from hollywood. So it will probably be crap. 8)
I'll borrow the dvd frome some sap who bought it.

Valdventurer
29-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I was to see it a week ago but then my cousin told me it was pure crap so my euros where rescued from the trashcan.

TM3
20-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Well a) it is a remake and b) it is coming from hollywood. So it will probably be crap. 8)
I'll borrow the dvd frome some sap who bought it.

A) It's based on the original book! Just makes a few updates of it!
B) It's coming from Steven Speilberg who we all know is a god!

Terramax
26-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Speilberg is a loser. Now that he owns his own company (Dreamworks) he's only out to make safe box office flicks to save his name and make more cash. He wouldn't know what a decent film was if it kicked him up the arse.

TM3
27-10-2005, 05:00 AM
What is your defination of a decent film?

mat69
27-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I liked the film allthough it introduces many changes to the orignial story. And I did not like those changes like the alltime screaming girl - gna - the stupid son and some other minor glitches that I have allready forgotten.

Terramax
28-10-2005, 01:42 AM
What is your defination of a decent film?

First of all it has to have a decent lead - not one that relys on cheesy smiles (one that is relatively tall would help too.). If it's a remake then it shouldn't A.) Rip the original off yet B.) Not disrespect the original and make overt changes.
A film that doesn't rely on special effects, spoon feed its audience all the time/ telling them what to think or feel unless wanting to manipulate the audience for a specific element of the film (e.g. to make a shocking twist).
Not rely too much on special effects. Not worry about the age rate or gender of the audience but go out to make the best film/ tell the best story possible.
Not be made by a film-maker who makes the same kinds of films his or her entire career. Those who work in a specific genre on a regular basis lose touch in experimenting enough with the genre and rely too much on stereotypes and predictable elements.

IF A MAINSTREAM FILM-MAKER - SHOULD NOT TOUCH STANLEY KUBRIC' FORGOTTEN WORK!