PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince

stone
24-07-2005, 08:13 PM
I’ve finished Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince a couple days ago and since then I can’t stop thinking that now it is song long till next volume will be published. And I thought that it would be a good idea to have a game to play during this time.
So far there were a couple games based on HP but none of them can be classified as adventure one. The problem is that rights for HP games belong to EA which is not the best firm to make adventure games. Ehh, tuff world:)
Luckily the movie is coming and judging by trailer it is worth waiting:)

So, have you read this book, what are your impressions?

imported_wedge
25-07-2005, 12:59 AM
I totally agree, this book is really good. Some good/bad surprises as always. Maybe it is a little less magiv than the previous one, but not to spoil everything, I will not tell many thing.

As for the games I've played to those games of EA, and it was rather good though I wuld have like them a bit more adventure than action, and they are quite easy. I just hope the fourth one will be a bit different than it's predecessor as they were basically almost take the same go again. but there should.

Waiting for the next movie too, and hoping to have the latest book the sooner possible, but many rumors talked about three or four years before we get it, but we will see

Valdventurer
23-08-2005, 02:45 AM
I've read HP6 too and it is an OMG, fantastic, breathtaking, super book. The Order Of The Phoenix and The Half-Blood Prince are definitely.my favorite ones, as they are way more mature than the four others.

Talking about the games they SUCK. At least the first 2 which I have played and completed. I completed the first in an hour, and that's not because I'm such a fantastic gamer but because it purely sucks and it is a childish game. I hate EA for spoiling her HP rights like this. We deserve a darn fooking game that rules, is as breathtaking as the books and is as large as GTA in options. Don't take wrong my comparement.

As long as HP games remain of such low quality I am not going to have reviews of them in AE GR because they hardly deserve a 40% grade.

ClémentXVII
07-09-2005, 02:45 AM
I personally didn't find that book as great as the other 5. I found that there were many passages where the story lost its pace...

Maybe it's because of the duality of the story (those who have read will understand), and that not everything revolves around Harry this time, but still... I was not as captured as I had been by the other titles... it was good, but not excellent ^^

Maybe it's because I just finished reading Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men and A Hat Full of Sky, and that these were stories with a lot of rythm and the stories were fast-paced, I don't know.

Still, I'm curious about how the series will end.

Valdventurer
08-09-2005, 12:27 AM
The fact is, that the 6th book is more like a linker than a stand-alone story, it rather gives answers to many questions. ::)

dumbleydory
08-09-2005, 03:47 AM
I agree with you Vald the book..felt like a sort of 'fill-in' until she finishes the 7th (oh sad day) :'( I've read every one twice straight away apart from this one, as it didn't seem to offer anything new...it could have been added to the final one IMHO

I loved the book purely cause I'm crazy about Harry Potter (at 35!!!! 35!!!! oh the old people of today ;) ), but as I'd already guessed it'd be Dumbledore who would die it didnt give me any breathtaking surprises. Hagrid would have been a shock!! :o

Any ideas as to who will snuff it in the next book? (i'm going with Ron) :-\

Valdventurer
10-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Hmh... I don't think there is anyone going to die from the three of 'em, not because I like 'em but because it's too unlikely for Rowling to kill any of them, the 3 big heroes. They form a power together, if one dies the others won't be able to survive w/o his help. And actually the 7th book is more about ending and bla bla, I don't think we'll see many unexpected kills. Although of course there will naturally be some of em ;)

Disco
14-09-2005, 03:55 AM
I'd already guessed it'd be Dumbledore who would die

naughty ;)

Please use spoiler code when blurting out major surprises in anything, to do that type:

forbiddenspoilingtext :)

I kinda thought that too what with the dead hand thing, was really sad when I was right :'(