PDA

View Full Version : Which new film are you looking forward to the most?

Dimitris Manos
27-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Which new movie do you want to see the most? My personal must-see is Brothers Grimm.

First reason: Matt Damon
The guy plays usually in great movies, such as Good Will Hunting, Talented Mr Ripley, and the Bourne movies.

Second reason: Terry Gilliam
The man who directed one of my personal all time favourites...The 12 Monkeys. I also happened to watch the documentary about 12 Monkeys called The Hamster Factor, and since I saw that Gilliam has become one of my movie-heroes! Has anybody watched this documentary? It shows basically that a) the mainstream audience has no taste at all and b) producers shouldn't care about a! Cause good art will always pay back in the end. I am sure there are hundreds of disatisfied customers out there like me who have stopped going to the cinema because of all the bad movies coming out these days such as the upcoming King Kong, which I don't think I have to watch to realize that it will be a crappy-CGI-effects feast.

What about you?

hagstrumpa
29-08-2005, 12:29 AM
King Kong!
I just love the trailer. ;)

Two other movies I am looking forward to are Brothers Grimm and Charlie and the Chocolat Factory (a combination of Burton, Depp and one of my favourite childrens books, can not be a bad movie)

EDIT: I forgot the one I am looking forward to the most; Corpse Bride.

Valdventurer
10-09-2005, 03:01 AM
I wanna watch "Night Flight", a new film comin out tommorrow in Greece. Producers are quite lucky to publish a flight movie just after 7 airplane tragedies in a month ::)

Dimitris Manos
10-09-2005, 10:50 PM
EDIT: I forgot the one I am looking forward to the most; Corpse Bride.

I hadn't heard about this movie until you posted about it. Now I saw a trailer, and it was immediately added into my must-see list as well. Graphics look great (I don't know why but it gives me a Lucasarts sort of vibe) and Johnny Depp is the main actor. I'm sold!

Edit: It's released in Sweden in November. November is going to be a hot movie month in Sweden with Brothers Grimm and Corpse Bride coming out at the same time.

hagstrumpa
11-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Edit: It's released in Sweden in November. November is going to be a hot movie month in Sweden with Brothers Grimm and Corpse Bride coming out at the same time.

I agree, those movies are something to look forward to! Corpse Bride leaves you with the same feeling as Nightmare before Christmas. One of my all time favourites.
... and in december we (at least I ;)) can look forward to King Kong and The Chronicles of Narnia

Fluorescent
12-09-2005, 04:03 AM
I'm currently waiting for V For Vendetta and Aeon Flux. I'm a real sucker for movies based on comic books. Altough the one that I'm really waiting on is Fantastic Four DVD. I've seen Fantastic Four five times in the Cinema allready. I really want the DVD!!

Disco
14-09-2005, 02:55 AM
Since Fall 2004 I have desperately been awaiting the release of Serenity, a sci-fi film based on the cancelled
television series "Firefly" by Joss Whedon. I hope this doesn't make me seem too naive, but I love everything
that man touches! Though I'm viewing Serenity first and formemost because of the writing and directing
credits, I have other reasons:
1. Features actress Gina Torres of Alias and Angel fame,, a favorite of mine :-*
2. I've seen a few of episodes of "Firefly", it had lots of potential.
3. The movie was made because of a vocal fanbase's compaigning, you've got to respect
Universal for putting up $50 million based on that

Support the underdog! view the trailer here (http://www.serenitymovie.com/nonflash_site/video.html?movie=trailer1&size=WMmedium).

This film will be released in North America on September 30th with most of Europe getting it the
following weekend (November 11th for you Dimi :))

bellenouvelle
14-09-2005, 01:09 PM
umm I just wish George Lucas would come out with 4 more new Star Wars movies ahhhhhh!

ok just kidding....

I wanna see Narnia ;D

imported_wedge
16-09-2005, 03:22 AM
okay one of my biggest movies awaited when you like that kind of stuff is Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children from Japan, which looks really teh greatest 3D movies ever created, those Japanese are really crazy.

Else I'm also waiting for Narnia, the next Harry Potter,Peter Jackoson's King Kong, other movies I really await are Indy 4, and Bilbo the hobbit which shall be done by Peter Jackson :d

TM3
20-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Ancanar and King Kong! I don't have to explain why I'm anticipating Peter jackson's next film but Ancanar, I will. It looks to be a very fine fantasy adventure film that won'ty verge on the line of cheesy and shallow. Here's the link to the site if anyone's interested. I reccomend that everyone check out the development trailer. Beautiful stuff!
http://www.ancanar.com/

Terramax
03-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Going back to the first post, I too saw that hamster factory... well, most- it was about 45 min long. It was a good film though. I remember him reading a review of his film whilst having a haircut and seeing him angry with a 3/5 score lol. I remember having to sit down and think for a while after watching the film too.

Dimitris Manos
07-10-2005, 05:18 AM
I just watched the trailer for the most awaited film for me right now: Syriana. You can watch the trailer @:

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/Syriana/trailer.php

Dimitris Manos
13-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Another one I definitely have to see is Jarhead. It's made by the director of American Beauty (one of my absolute favourites) and stars Jake Gyllenhaal from Donnie Darko. Suddenly it seems like there are loads of good movies coming out. I'm surprised... in a good way.

Edit: Hmmm strange...I could swear I had posted a link to the trailer...anyway here it is:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/jarhead/

imported_wedge
26-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Currently the film I'm the more waiting too is not really a new one, as it is one I already seen on DVD, but it will be back on theater, with a decent translation and an uncut version. This movie is Kaze no Tani no Naushika in english that gaves Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind.

It is very good as for now DVD are not available at least here in France, and the first french movie version were made from the american one that were cut of many interesting part, and the name were changed to Warriors of the Wind and cut of the most opart of the story to keep mainly action parts. French titles came even worst with things like Princess from the Stars, Combat of Space's Princes or even The Ghost Ship which were not exact as the story did nto takes place in space.

The movie were released in Japan in 1984. Yeah already more than twenty years that this movies have been made, but it still one of the best animation movies from Japan.

Terramax
26-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Ive read great things about that film. But I'm not paying Ł3.50 odd to rent it out. When it goes down to Ł2 at choices, I'll see it. Apparently there's a comic book and series too.

imported_wedge
26-10-2005, 09:42 PM
yeah there is a comic book that is very good to read, becasue the movie is just using the two first volumes on the seven available, the mive were made adn release long before the comic book, which feature a more in depth story, the religions the different kind of peoples, the myusteries of that world are revealed in it. And it is very great to read too.

For the serie I do not know about it, but maybe I missed it.

redmadman
30-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I wanna watch "Silent Hill " the movie but i dont know when he will be done

imported_wedge
31-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I think they are currently making the movie, I'll wait to see more of it because it is hard to gave the same feeling the game does in a movie I think

Valdventurer
12-11-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm really looking forward for the sequel of Saw. It's suppossed to be coming out in Greece 8 December.

SunSunich
26-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Which new movie do you want to see the most? My personal must-see is Brothers Grimm.

Grimm Bros. was really fun to watch! I'm looking forward to "Saw 2". It's already been released... & my friend's got DVD. ;D So, soon i'll be REALLY happy, REALLY scared & REALLY satisfied. ;D

survivor292
22-01-2006, 02:27 PM
halloween 9: curse of miachel myers

Disco
04-02-2006, 02:05 AM
halloween 9: curse of miachel myers

Curse of Michael Myers was the title of the 6th Halloween film, which was released in 1995. You do not need to wait for this ;).
Though since you say Halloween 9 I assume a new film is coming out? (Though hopefully not called "Curse of Michael Myers" :P). I have heard nothing of this....and I still haven't seen Resurrection :(.

imported_wedge
30-04-2006, 03:37 AM
Well I was waiting Silent Hill the movie, and for one time the game transposition to the movie is pretty good. You find all the ambients elements from the 4 games, the monsters, the "two" alternate reality one full of ashes, the other in the darkness, with switch from one to another occuring many times. I wont go into detailes, but basically I pretty enjoyed that movie, even if it is not perfect there have really make a work to do this movie cool, and not just said this game is cool we'll make a movie from it. Eventually the fact that Christopher Gans was a fan of the game did helpo a lot, and since the music is from the compositer who also made the mucis for all four Silent Hill titles, this also helps a lot to get into the weird universe of Silent Hill, well the producer of the game was also on the movie so they really took what was needed to have a good movie tied to the game.

Terramax
30-04-2006, 07:34 AM
hmmm. I wanted to see it. I've heard Sean Bean isn't very good though but are you sure it's the same composer as in the games? I heard it was some American composer. I'll have to check this out.

Anyway, it looks like a step in the right direction.

imported_wedge
30-04-2006, 05:39 PM
well that is what I've seen in an Interview if I'm right, but I check and true is that it is not the japanese composer, but the music are his works, you can even here some of the songs,Like You're Not Here and Letter from the Old Days during the movie, well actually the credits are on you're not here and Letter From the Old Days is played at a moment of the movie. At least the music ambiant is really exactlywhat you wait from a Silent Hill game/movie.

Sean Bean is nice, but I found his role to be pretty useless, that is one of the little things I have not understand yet why they needed him to be here at several time, even if you discover more about Silent Hill is not doing muc more things.

EDIT: Okay I know what I've been wrong, the composer Akira Yamoka which have been the sound creator and music creator for all games, and became also producer of the PC version of the third game as wel as the producer of the fourth one. Was on the movie as Executive Producer, and according to imdb he worked on the music too, I guess maybe he wrote the music and the american guy direct the music for the game. Anyway it is Silent Hill music :)

Terramax
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
KK.

Anyway, the film can't be any worse than this Korean film I just saw by the name of 'H'. Terrible film...

stone
01-05-2006, 03:39 PM
What was it about, I'm asking as I havent seen any Koren film so I have no camparision:)

I just saw Sceary Movie 4 and as I like this kind humor I liked the film however I havent seen all film that were mentioned in this parody so I guess this why I couldnt understend some jokes, but in general in was quite funny:)