PDA

View Full Version : Which movies to watch in plane?

PolloDiablo
04-09-2005, 06:40 PM
First things first: I don't usually watch movies, haven't been to a cinema in at least 15 years. I do sometimes watch a movie on television, but not very often. I don't read reviews etc so I have really no idea which movies are good or bad or mediocre but quite fun to watch.

In the near future, I am going to make a very long plane flight and I know the following movies will be shown. Please recommend to me which movies would be worth watching as I am unable to sleep in moving vehicles and I need something to occupy my time with (more than 30 hours - I am also bringing some books and my Nintendo DS with a lot of games - so "do not watch any of these" could also be a good suggestion :D ).

War of the Worlds
Bewitched
Fantastic Four
Fever Pitch
Land of the Dead
Lords of Dogtown
Herbie: Fully Loaded
The Longest Yard
Mr & Mrs Smith

I don't know which movies will be shown on the return flight, so I may come back to ask again if I liked your suggestions. :)

Dimitris Manos
04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I've only seen war of the worlds from the ones you list, and although I was disappointed by the end I guess it would be ok to spend two hours on a plane. I have also watched the trailers for Fantastic Four, Mr and Mrs Smith, Herbie Fully Loaded and Bewitched, and I personally was not very impressed by what I saw, if I had to choose I'd rather play games.

Valdventurer
05-09-2005, 04:35 AM
;)I would suggest you avoid The Fantastic 4 at all costs, unless you are a big fan of super heroes. It really is a sill american movie absolutely based on special effects, beautiful actors and poor acting. Bewitched is a very nice comedy and I would certainly watch it. Perhaps I'm mistaken but I think land of the dead is an awful movie, I would prefer pass my time at the toilet if I were you if I am speaking for the same one (you see I only know it's greek name). Last but not least, I would watch Mr. & Mrs. Smith for the good reviews and big names. But that of course doesn't mean it's good, i've never watched it. :P

For he rest of them, I don't have a clue. ::)

PolloDiablo
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Okay :) thanks.

If I have understood the information correctlyI think I will have my own miniature-moviescreen during most of the flight instead of a big screen, so there's no need to go to the toilet during one of them; I can pick whichever movie I want whenever I want. There's probably a couple of classics to choose from as well (like one of the old Hitchcocks). I'll buy an extra book just in case I don't like any of them :) .

Valdventurer
06-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Have a nice trip then... ;)