PDA

View Full Version : The... Shakespeare Code???

Dimitris Manos
05-10-2005, 08:11 PM
So as I was reading the newspaper today I read about a new book that will come out soon called The Truth Will Out, written by historians Brenda James and William Rubinstein. The book claims that William Shakespeare is not the real writer of his own works...but instead it was his relative, Sir Henry Neville. According to the book Sir Henry Neville decided to use Shakespeare's name due to political reasons that did not permit him to express such political views as we see in some of Shakespeare's works. Here is the media pack:

http://www.pearsoned.co.uk/bookshop/minds/truthwillout/TheTruthWillOut_MediaPack.pdf

What do you think? Truth? Or an attempt by some historians to cash in on people's lust for scandals and conspiracies?

Terramax
06-10-2005, 03:44 AM
Probably a bunch of guys who just wanna make a pretty penny. By the way, I wrote the original Star Wars flick, but had the writing credits edited to George Lucas because...

rincewind
14-10-2005, 04:53 AM
Probably a bunch of guys who just wanna make a pretty penny. By the way, I wrote the original Star Wars flick, but had the writing credits edited to George Lucas because...

You? I've done it, honestly, but i've sweaty boot rash! So now you know the reson why Georg Lucas holds the licence and earns the money.

Gonchi
14-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I wrote the original Monkey Island games, but I traded them to Ron for cheese.

I still think it was a fair swap.

Valdventurer
19-11-2005, 10:45 AM
OK GUYS ENOUGH! That thief Jane, stole my manuscripts about Gabriel Knight! If I ever get her in my hands.... >:( ;D

Is this topic going off topic a little bit?