PDA

View Full Version : Micromania Game Show 20005 report

imported_wedge
24-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Hello.

I make a little thread here, as I've just been at the Micromania Game Show 2005 (MGS05) yesterday's evening. And I'll take the time to make a little post with my feelings on that event on what I4ve seen and so on.

First what is the MGS05 ? Well it is an event that is managed by the shops Micromania which is French, and so that event took place in Paris and it is the second time that I go there, b ut last year they were no adventure europe yet ;) it is a big event that is for public that are member of Micromania that means people that have the micromania card, and that have made two purchases to get it. On my cas it is far more than two purchases and I've the gold member label, but much better I've been lucky, or mde so many purchases, that two days before I've been called by a guy from Micromania, telling me to get at the VIP entrance, so with my brother (that was my guest, anyone can invite a person with one entry, the entry being free). We've had the chance not too see much more thinng but we had some more goodies and some free games, plus an access to the VIP room with free fresh drinks, and food, that was really needed because that was hot inside there with all the consoles and computers working, big lights, music, ...

So what did I do there well I've tried to see as many thing as possible, the first thing I've done were to get at the game I really wanted to look at, that was here for the first time in Europe in a playable demo version, Zelda Twilight Princess, the next installment of the Zelda franchise that is planned for next year. The demo was the same they put at the E3 in May. We had a little time as because of the event that was in closed space, and with a limited time. But the little we've been playing was really fun, it is a zelda there is not many thing more to say :p the horse riding is back,n and they are some new interactions that we did not play like the strange side of that Zelda were Link transformed into a wolve. But that game is maybe overall one of the game I'm awaiting the most.

Then I've get to two preview behind close door non playable, of Peter Jackson's King Kong the Official Game on XBox from Ubisoft Montpellier team (lead by Lichel Ancel creator of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil), and of Condemned a game from Sega on XBox 360. the first one was not a big surprise since they just showed up the same level as on the demo available for PC since some weeks. Condemned on it's side was really impressive, the game is the first I've really saw in real time on a next gen console, and that was impressive, although I'm still wondering what gave those Hi graphics on spmall screen for those who can't afford nuying an HDTV screen. The game makes you in the role of a cop that apprently will be sayed to be a criminal because of his weapon but obviously as you are playing that character, you're innocent, and you've got to find evidence. So the game mix search for evidence and traditional FPS, even if during the demo I did not see any gun, basically the character is able to use many objects from the ground, like shovel, pipes and so on, and to fight with them. Those in case they are used on human beings takes a red color after a successfull it. So it was pretty dark, but very impressive.

And I played an all lot of games, but that would be too long to get the full list and impressions, they were many titles like One Piece Grand Battle NFS Most Wanted, a full list of XBox 360 playable titles from Dead Alive 4 to Need For Speed Most Wanted, with Project Dark Zero, Ridge Racer 6, Project Gotham Racing 3, Gun and so on. So I can now talk about that system, I must say that before I was I think as many people a little like saying yeah that is video, but who knows if those are really in game sequences or just footage, or cinmatics, well I did not look all the movies that were available over the web, but obivously it was not wrong, the graphics were really nice and detailed, the hardware seems really good, and not just a PC in a Console, that time Microsoft make a real console. I only regret that the system have such a high price, as we will have the Preimum Pack at 399€and the Core Pack at 299€, same goes foir america, but strangely in Japan, there will be selling only the Preimum pack but at the price of the Core Pack.

So Here are a litle of what I've seen during that event, oh and I almost forget, they were a Nintendo Wifi area, were I could have my dog in Nintendogs playing with mr Miyazaki's dog (Miyazaki is the creator of many games and franchise for nintendo from Mario to Zelda, Metroid, and some others including Nintendogs).

I've been back at home hours later with pictures in mind, and completely exhausted :)