PDA

View Full Version : What are your craziest gaming stories?

Disco
25-10-2005, 04:13 AM
In light of a recent post about some Halo-crazy kid throwing tantrums, I thought we could post some of our own stories where we
might have thrown a book or cursed at the screen over a game. I have two stories from when I was quite younger-

1. I was about 8 years old and playing Mega Man 2. I had about 15 extra lives built up just from playing constantly, and was in the Bubble Man stage where in the water you can jump up and die on some spikes if you are not careful. Well, I was in a spot where that can happen and someone came up behind me and screamed, startling me and causing me to jump and hit the spikes. They were laughing, but I screamed and ran into the kitchen and punched out a window! I was scared and quickly shut the curtain before anyone came in. My brother and some kids he was babysitting rushed in and asked "What was that noise?" and one of the kids said "Oh my god, the window!" :-[

2. Around the same time my brother was playing a hockey game,' Blades of Steel' I think, and I was joking like I was going to press the power button, he said "Touch that and you're dead!!". I went to back off but I slipped accidentally and pressed the button, but was still holding it so the game didn't turn off. He yelled and said "YOU HAD BETTER HOLD THAT UNTIL I AM DONE!!". So I had to sit there for about 20-30 minutes while he finished. I knew better than to do otherwise ;).

Terramax
25-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Don't think that I've ever smashed a window but, I used to have a beat 'em up called 'Guilty Gear X' (and for some stupid reason I bought GGX2 as well).

Now, anyone who knows of these game know that they are the most unfair fighting games ever invented. On the final boss, on normal hardness I found myself throwing the pad across the room on multiple occasions.

bgraves99
25-10-2005, 01:36 PM
This is a great topic!! Since most of us are adults and when it comes to game time, adulthood and maturity sometimes goes out the window (or throught it ;)) I was in my early twenties and was renting an apartment from my parents in NYC. (Yes, they charged me rent!!!) One night I was playing Mario Brothers and (Don't exactly remember) but died. I threw a fit!! Using every curse word in the book, yelling and screaming "This stupid F^*%# game, I hate it, and started yelling F**You to the TV. Now... if you ever been to NYC houses are right on top or next to eachother. So, my neighbor heard me screaming and came over knocked on my mothers door to ask if we needed help and should she call the police. My mother said politly no, that's my twenty one year old daughter playing video games. I over heard the neighbor tell my mother to tell me to grow up and next time she was going to call the police. Needless to say, About an hour later I was back at it and cursing the TV.