PDA

View Full Version : Voyage (Journey to the Moon) Praise!

imported_Aya
22-11-2005, 03:21 AM
having just finished playing voyage, i can't find enough words to praise the game! it has to be the best adventure in 2005 so far, and a definate recommendation to all adventure gamers! it's ingenuity is second to none! well done kheops! 8)

looking forward to seeing the 3rd person adventure you have in the works!

KheopsTeam
22-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Thanks Aya, it was a big challenge for us :
- a bigger than previous games
- experiment the 19 century spirit
- a fascinating but very strange new place

imported_Aya
22-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Thanks Aya, it was a big challenge for us :
- a bigger than previous games
- experiment the 19 century spirit
- a fascinating but very strange new place

succeeded perfectly in all areas! the complexity of the new place, with all the plants, the ranks, the language everything, combined with how everything was clear and made perfect sense just blew me away! let alone the fun part was just right! (that cartilage cracking tradition was too damn funny!)... and yes, it was bigger than rtmi (haven't played echo) which was a pleasant surprise... i was thinking i was about done with the game, and then the underground area opened!

KheopsTeam
22-11-2005, 03:37 AM
succeeded perfectly in all areas! the complexity of the new place, with all the plants, the ranks, the language everything, combined with how everything was clear and made perfect sense just blew me away! let alone the fun part was just right! (that cartilage cracking tradition was too damn funny!)... and yes, it was bigger than rtmi (haven't played echo) which was a pleasant surprise... i was thinking i was about done with the game, and then the underground area opened!

We know that the player need to go deep in the game to really understand the depth of the background. It was easier to enter in the world of Return to mysterious Island, but players who have finished the Journey to the moon are rewarded ... I hope, especialy when you start to understand everything ! ;-)

It was hard to make a bigger game with almost the same budget than RTMI but it was important for us to offer more.

Hidden Sanctum
22-11-2005, 03:44 AM
I'll second Aya's comments. I bought this right when it was released, but never started it until last night (ironically, after reading Aya's praises of it on Just Adventure). Seeing the colorful plants didn't appeal to me and frankly I thought it would be a bit goofy. Boy was I proven wrong!! I am hooked on it and loving every minute of it.

Thanks for the great game - and thanks Aya for nudging me!

KheopsTeam
22-11-2005, 03:50 AM
I'll second Aya's comments. I bought this right when it was released, but never started it until last night (ironically, after reading Aya's praises of it on Just Adventure). Seeing the colorful plants didn't appeal to me and frankly I thought it would be a bit goofy. Boy was I proven wrong!! I am hooked on it and loving every minute of it.

Thanks for the great game - and thanks Aya for nudging me!

As I said previously, you have to test it and trust us when we say that you need more time than RTMI to really enjoy it. Hope that players will read your post !

imported_Aya
22-11-2005, 03:56 AM
like i said on the ja forums, voyage has gone mainly unnoticed, which is too bad considering it's a top quality adventure... i don't even know how i started playing it! the main reason was cause the box was close to my pc! kheops needs a lot more promotion to be known to the public... voyage has nothing less to offer than all the big names that we hear about every day... on the contrary it has a lot more to offer than most of them! 8)

Hidden Sanctum
22-11-2005, 04:10 AM
like i said on the ja forums, voyage has gone mainly unnoticed, which is too bad considering it's a top quality adventure... i don't even know how i started playing it! the main reason was cause the box was close to my pc! kheops needs a lot more promotion to be known to the public... voyage has nothing less to offer than all the big names that we hear about every day... on the contrary it has a lot more to offer than most of them! 8)

Agreed!

There are a lot of unique challenges in Voyage, yet they all seem to 'fit' in logically. I can't help but be drawn in deeper into the story and a strong determination to figure it all out. I loved the entire experience traveling to the moon and dealing with trying to figure out everything that had happened. You can tell that a lot of well-thought out planning was involved. So far, this game get my vote for one of the top three AGs of 2005. The puzzles on the moon (so far) seem on par with Aura - another great game. ;D