View Full Version : Localization

mat69
22-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi guys!

I'd just be interested if you plan to localize your games like Bone or the upcoming games. And if you do so, please let all versions work with the same code, so that I buy once a game and can play every language version.

Another (marketing) thing, it would be a nice idea, if buyers of your games get a relief to your other (upcoming) games. :)
Ok, another (hmm that sounds repeating) (marketing) note: Do you plan bundles e.g. "The Bone Collection - enjoy the comics AND the game", that are cheaper (everything I care about is the prize you know ;) ) than each item on its own?

PS.: English is not my mother tounge, so please be nice to me ...

HeatherLee
22-11-2005, 07:45 AM
We most certainly DO have plans to localize Bone. I am not sure the answer about you being able to play in different languages with one version of the game, however. What language/languages are you interested in?

Thank you for your marketing suggestions. While I have no personal control over how we sell the games, I can definitly pass on suggestions to those who do.

As for your bundle question, all I can say is: keep checking the web-site. ;)

HLL

a_side
22-11-2005, 07:50 AM
French translation for example ? :D

Goldguysaffe
22-11-2005, 08:02 AM
german language would be cool anyway

HeatherLee
22-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Yeah, French and German would both be good. ;) Honestly, I'm interested in hearing what other languages people would like to have available.

rincewind
22-11-2005, 08:04 AM
i would also prefer japanese and spanish - but german, french and good old english do also fullfill my needs.

axelkothe
22-11-2005, 08:08 AM
As for your bundle question, all I can say is: keep checking the web-site. ;)

Sounds like the stuff on the dev-website of yours (until you removed it) is becoming reality. (But I won't tell, I don't want to spoil your marketing...)

HeatherLee
22-11-2005, 08:11 AM
i would also prefer japanese and spanish - but german, french and good old english do also fullfill my needs.

Hmm...we weren't planning an old english translation. Might have to talk to the boys upstair about this.

Axel: Thank you for your secrecy. Threatening to send Mai to your house didn't have anything to do with it, did it? (She's dangerous!)

tom23
22-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Re! Yes German translation would be very nice. I know about a bunch of people here in Germany who want to play Bone but are not able to play it in English...

Is there any localization in progress already - when can we expect these versions?

HeatherLee
22-11-2005, 08:33 AM
When, when when?? It's always when with you people!

(Sorry, too much coffee today).

It is something we are currently working on, and I'm not sure when the localized versions will be available. But we know there are lots of good gamer folks in other countries that would love our games, and we will get them into their hot little hands as soon as we can!

HLL

tom23
22-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry for the "when".... next time I'll rethink my questions... :o

Terramax
22-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Do you plan bundles e.g. "The Bone Collection.

God, I hope that wasn't a pun!

rincewind
22-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Now this last post of Heather Lee has answered my next - more private - question.
She's drinking coffee - a lot of.

HeatherLee
22-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Sorry for the "when".... next time I'll rethink my questions... :o

Heheh I'm just kidding. (Lots of coffee, like I said...)

Pavel
23-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah, French and German would both be good. ;) Honestly, I'm interested in hearing what other languages people would like to have available.

Well italian of course, but it would be important to have multilanguage version, so I can buy the game online (amazon or play.com) and reduce costs.

axelkothe
23-11-2005, 02:47 AM
so I can buy the game online (amazon or play.com) and reduce costs.

You will still have to download the game from the Telltale website.