PDA

View Full Version : Keepsake Music Samples

The Imp In Charge
23-11-2005, 04:20 AM
Here a little taste of what you'll hear in Keepsake! ;D

The soundtrack was composed by Marc Derell and I. Just follow the link to hear the sample songs! ;)

Mystery and Nathaniel's Owl by Marc Derell
The Academy and Elvandar's Dream by Yves Bordeleau

http://www.wickedstudios.com/Inventory/Music/mp3player.swf

imported_wedge
23-11-2005, 07:22 AM
wow great piece of music. are there more music like that, and any plans for an original soundtrack release as this is really the kind of great music I like :D it would really be great :D I cannot wait so see the all thing mixed together in the game :D

The Imp In Charge
23-11-2005, 07:27 AM
wow great piece of music. are there more music like that, and any plans for an original soundtrack release as this is really the kind of great music I like :D it would really be great :D I cannot wait so see the all thing mixed together in the game :D

Hey Wedge! How are you? ;D

Yep, there is a good 50 min of original music in Keepsake. An OST is always a possibility, but I'll have to check first with our different Publishers ;)

Cheers,
Yves

imported_wedge
23-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I hope it will be :D it is really not often that games have the score provided or available in some forms with the exception of Japan of course :p

The Imp In Charge
23-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah... Ah, the Japanese! They know how to treat their Music Composers! ;) hehehe

a_side
23-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Love some tracks, good work !

imported_imported_Crow
23-11-2005, 08:26 AM
By the way ... thank you for using the Ogg-format (and nothing other crypted). I think I'll create a soundtrack CD by my own. ;-) I havent played the game yet (but bought it some days ago) but the music is... wow! it gives me the creeps! ;D Who dunnit? And what have he or she done before?
Also a big respect to your art designers. They put the magic of Dragonvale into the screenies all around in the net. They are the reason I bought the game.

I hope it will be an big sucess for you so we see more titles from you in future!

The Imp In Charge
23-11-2005, 08:30 AM
The music was done by Marc Derell and I. Before being "The Imp In Charge" at Wicked Studios, I was a musician for 11 years ;D

Hope you'll like the game as much as its soundtrack! ;)

Cheers!
Yves

imported_imported_Crow
23-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Doh! I'm too *#§"&/&/($) ... you posted it before!
Well, let's say: right man on the right place. But don't keep all the praises for you! ;)

Hope you'll like the game as much as its soundtrack! Wink

I also hope so ;-)

The Imp In Charge
23-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I definitely don't. Marc's tracks kick some serious A$$ hehe ;) He's a very talented composer!

Doh! I'm too *#§"&/&/($) ... you posted it before!
Well, let's say: right man on the right place. But don't keep all the praises for you! ;)

MarcD
23-11-2005, 04:55 PM
It was fun to write one half of the score... Great game... Good inspiration. ;)
As for an OST: You never know if there wouldn't be some bonus on it, now would you? 8)

imported_imported_Crow
24-11-2005, 08:12 AM
As I saw in some ogg-files on the cds your name is credited ... do I mention right that all the others by Imp?
And between your lines... you've done the score when the game was already finished? (i'm just curious about :))

And as you asked about an OST ... well, let's say I would think about if there are bonus tracks ;) ... but I think you'll get more fans if you place them on your website. Sure, I remember you're new in the buisness and need the money ;) but that's only my humble opinion and I think a bigger comunity is nothing wrong for your future plans, right? :)

Anyway, I also believe this game was a great inspiration for a musican. :)

Keep on rockin' ;D

MarcD
24-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I wrote about 30mins of music for the game - Yves did the other ones. Most of my tracks feature a Celesta - not all, though. Yes, there should be an ID3 Tag in my files. :)

No the game wasn't finished when I started but just the game/setting/screens alone were quite inspiring. I love adventures and fantasy stuff. I really like the game's story, too. Finally something more intimate than your usual thing.

As for an OST: I'm sure just putting converted OGG-Files on a Disc would be boring so if anybody should decide to make a Soundtrack I'm sure there'll be some bonus in one way or another.... Though it's not my decision to make.

On a side note: While I'm not your 20yr industry vet I've already worked on a couple of games within the last 2 1/2 years (and have some upcoming stuff - that I can't talk about yet - as well). Wouldn't call it that new, then. ;) But I get your point, of course.