PDA

View Full Version : I've just seen Silent Hill the Movie *spoilers*

Terramax
16-05-2006, 09:02 AM
... and I thought it was terrific. I gotta tell ya, I'm really stingy with Hollywood films, especially with movies based on games, but this is the first one that feels like it was a Silent Hill movie by Silent Hill fans.

The special effects on the alternate reality were amazing (the Colin cleaner coming out of the toilet cubbical and crawling across the floor knocked the wind out of me), Pyramid Head was there (I don't get why though, he was from No.2) and most of the time it just felt like SH.

I did have a few problems of course, I didn't like the typical climax ending (something which the SH games have never done, they've always made them downbeat) and the scenes with Sean Bean took away the tension, atmosphere and suspence. I wish they just had it the mother and the daughter only. But all said and done this was higher than my expectations.

picolo
17-05-2006, 05:33 AM
I'm a fan of SH too.I love the game for its deadly atmosphere.Its really SILENT.I wont survive there in that town,walking alone in the dark.just controlling the game is bad enough.I always tried to make him get inside some coffee shop to take some break.well sure that's impossible!.looking forward to watching the movie too.

Terramax
17-05-2006, 08:45 AM
When I've played SH games in the past I avoid fighting monsters whenever possible, and have managed to complete almost every one with just a handgun and only a handfull of clips. I often run around monsters - fast and easier. That also makes the 'survival' aspect more interesting. When you said "I wouldn't survive in that town" you'll be REALLY thinking it during the alternate world scenes in the film. Amazing special effects (if not a little too often).