PDA

View Full Version : Questions about "Secret Files: Tunguska"

M. Mayer
29-11-2006, 04:48 PM
You may use this thread to post your questions about "Secret Files: Tunguska".

Noone
29-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Martin!

A question from Russia, of course. Why haven't you given all your Russian inscriptions from the game for some Russian guy to proofread (maybe to a team that is now making russian localization of this game)? It was quite funny for us to read them :-)

tenochtitlan
29-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi Martin!

A question from Russia, of course. Why haven't you given all your Russian inscriptions from the game for some Russian guy to proofread (maybe to a team that is now making russian localization of this game)? It was quite funny for us to read them :-)

Really? Can you give an old German guy an example?

M. Mayer
29-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Alex!

Russian writings appearing in the background graphics have been corrected in Update 1.02. Also the version that will be released in Russia should contain correct Russian text.... at least I hope so :)

The Russian writings that appeared in Tunguska were done by one of our graphic artists who had Russian language at school. So maybe it was not perfect ;)

Davero
29-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Why did you decided to release huge patch with alternative ending?

HIddenSanctum
29-11-2006, 09:17 PM
I haven't played this title yet, but have been looking forward to it ever since I saw the first screenshots long ago. The graphics are stunningly beautiful! What software did you guys use to render it?

Noone
29-11-2006, 09:23 PM
here's one:
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1314/003nu2.jpg
Though we don't care too much about it - everybody knows that Russia is a country where bears go on the streets drinking vodka and playing balalaika :-)))

And yes, I also wanted to ask you what is there in the alternative ending and why have you implemented it? (I haven't played the game myself yet)

M. Mayer
29-11-2006, 09:31 PM
We had much positive feedback about the game, but from the feedback we could also see that many people wanted to see Ninas father appearing in the extro and wanted a bit more information about what actually happened to the non-player characters. So in order to further boost the success of the game we decided to bring on an overhauled ending. The new extro videos are also the reason why the update is so huge.

M. Mayer
29-11-2006, 09:33 PM
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1314/003nu2.jpg
Though we don't care too much about it - everybody knows that Russia is a country where bears go on the streets drinking vodka and playing balalaika :-)))

What does the text shown in the screenshot mean? I think the text you wrote is a bit too long to be a translation.

Noone
29-11-2006, 09:43 PM
that means "provide the cargo before the deviation of the train" and I think it should be "fasten the cargo before the departure of the train".

Though, as I said, such inscriptions are only a funny moment for us.