PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

Georg_CrimsonCow
29-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi everybody and welcome to the Crimson Cow timeslot at ADOC 06.

For those who don’t know us yet: Crimson Cow was founded in 2002 in Hamburg (Germany) and is a publisher of high quality, sophisticated interactive entertainment. Among other titles, Crimson Cow holds/held the German licenses for the enormously successful "Runaway" (2002) and the innovative "Fenimore Fillmore: Wanted" (2004), both of which contributed significantly to the revival of the adventure genre. We also published "Clever & Smart - A Movie Adventure", as well as co-published "Runaway 2" in Germany.

With the recent acquisition of world-wide rights for two of the most awaited adventure games, “A Vampyre Story” by Autumn Moon Entertainment (see their conference slot here: click (http://250.215.232.72.reverse.layeredtech.com/~adeu/forum//index.php?board=122.0)) and “The Abbey” by Alcachofa Soft (see their conference slot here: click (http://250.215.232.72.reverse.layeredtech.com/~adeu/forum//index.php?board=119.0)), Crimson Cow takes the next steps to provide premium products for fans of sophisticated interactive adventures around the globe. You can read all about us and our two world-wide titles at www.crimsoncowgames.com (http://www.crimsoncowgames.com)

Now, if you’d like to know anything about our upcoming world-wide projects or our previous games, we’re here this evening to answer your questions, or just chat away with you!

In any case, have a good time!
Kai & Georg

axelkothe
29-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi Georg, I just wanted to say thank you for publishing and funding A Vampyre Story. I can't wait to finally play the game, I love the art of Mr. Tiller and the story sounds like fun, too.

Also, The Abbey lokks nice too on the screenshot they released...

Will those two adventures be the only ones you plan for next year?

Georg_CrimsonCow
29-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi axel,

thanks for your interest in and enthusiasm toward "our" games. We are indeed both happy and lucky to be able to publish these two extraordinary adventures, and we will continue to look out for other adventures which are also "up there". After all, us Crimson Cows started our joint efforts with exceptional adventures (Runaway, The Westerner), and we will stay true and dear to that genre.

We've nothing new to announce yet, but we are indeed in very progressed negotiations for one other adventure title in 2007. We're also looking at 2 very promising adventure titles for 2008.

But right now, we are in full swing on putting A Vampyre Story and The Abbey on your screen world-wide, and of course monitoring the release of our "Runaway 2" in Germany.

So, thanks again for the nice words, we will do our best to deliver!
Georg

Noone
29-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Some publishers prefer projects that are near completion, some prefer those that are in the beginnig phase (as AVS). What are your criterias while choosing a project to publish? Are you targeting only for PC market or you'll also consider mobile platforms (nintendo ds, psp)?

Georg_CrimsonCow
29-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Alex ASP,

choosing a project depends on many factors. Completion of the title is a factor too, especially when it comes to risk assessment.

However, in the past we've chosen to publish titles even against certain odds, taking risks, because we believe in pushing boundaries of interactive storytelling further. "The Westerner" is a good example for this. By the time it came out, 3d point & click was very uncommon (not to say, it never occurred before, but I think this might have been the case). But it was a beautiful story to tell and surely a great experience along the way, with very talented people to team up with.

So this brings me to your second question: naturally we're very fond of new technology that gives room for even more and innovate storytelling. We are looking into projects for almost all platforms. I'd personally love to do a Wii project, and I believe many adventure games would rule big time on the DS, if the technology that makes those consoles stand out is utilized thoroughly.

axelkothe
29-11-2006, 10:14 PM
speaking of fenimore filmore... the new game has been in the works for quite some time. have you considered signing it once more or are you not interested?

Georg_CrimsonCow
29-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm afraid I cannot comment on ongoing or either way completed negotiations. We're always open for exceptional titles.

PolloDiablo2
30-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Considering the quality of previously published games, I think A Vampyre Story and The Abbey will be great, and I will certainly be looking forward to any new game you announce a deal for. :)

Georg_CrimsonCow
30-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks, PolloDiablo, we really appreciate! :)