PDA

View Full Version : How to get your money?

tenochtitlan
29-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Where do you plan to get your money for the develoment? Is there any sponsors or will you get your money with ads?
Is this the final idea to give Until Im Gone out to the people as freeware? Or just publicity?

roamn
29-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Where do you plan to get your money for the develoment? Is there any sponsors or will you get your money with ads?
Is this the final idea to give Until Im Gone out to the people as freeware? Or just publicity?

Well as it seems now, we wont get ANY money from Until. No Adds, nothing. As i said somewhere before, we started doing it because we loved playing and making games, that's why we had "targeted" it to freeware. Even when we had receive some offers from different publishers, that might be interested in selling this game, we had not (after an consultation in the team) agree to their offers. Because if we did, it would mean TONS of problems, solving the money, division the pertinent earnings to team members etc. etc., problems- simply the problems which we didnt count in the begging. And asi said, the earnings would be pertinent, nobody knows how would be the game succesfull in sellings...

tenochtitlan
29-11-2006, 09:25 PM

Well as it seems now, we wont get ANY money from Until. No Adds, nothing. As i said somewhere before, we started doing it because we loved playing and making games, that's why we had "targeted" it to freeware. Even when we had receive some offers from different publishers, that might be interested in selling this game, we had not (after an consultation in the team) agree to their offers. Because if we did, it would mean TONS of problems, solving the money, division the pertinent earnings to team members etc. etc., problems- simply the problems which we didnt count in the begging. And asi said, the earnings would be pertinent, nobody knows how would be the game succesfull in sellings...

I must say that the screenshots look like this game would sell very good... (although I would prefer a free game 8))

But are you just some hobby developers or do you have very rich wifes (and husbands, maybe) ;D?

roamn
29-11-2006, 09:34 PM

I must say that the screenshots look like this game would sell very good... (although I would prefer a free game 8))

But are you just some hobby developers or do you have very rich wifes (and husbands, maybe) ;D?

Well yes, thats the way things go, players would prefer free game, developers would perefer something, "little bit" different (everybody likes money ;D )

Well "Hobby developers"... "Independent developers", it depends... We dont get any money from the game, some of us are students still (for example im only (almost) 19!), other studies and work and also of course develop, some of us work in proffesional game developing studios and work on UIG after their "regular paid job", at the nights (thanks for these reliable and loyal people ;-)! ). So no, no rich wives or husbands :-).

Agustin
29-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Dealing with publishers is certainly a complicated matter. But have you considering selling the game on your own, via your website? At least to get some funding for the next project, not to divide it among team members right now...

axelkothe
29-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Dealing with publishers is certainly a complicated matter. But have you considering selling the game on your own, via your website? At least to get some funding for the next project, not to divide it among team members right now...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Earning money from the first game usually helps to make the second game even better (and faster...)

roamn
29-11-2006, 09:44 PM

Well to be honest, no, we didnt think much about this way of "selling" the game. Well the team members, that would be a very though part also. Most of them (all to be concretely) started doing the game with the persuasion that it will be free, when we would try something else now, i dont want to think when it could lead to, every could start "clamour for" their money, and that would be problem we dont to face right now, cause personally, i dont know wheres my head, im managing the team, doing graphic and lot of other things, even some which i dont like. And i get no money for it, and of course i "must" study also (neverthless) this isnt the most important thing for me right know. So i dont want to take any more problems now :-).

roamn
29-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Earning money from the first game usually helps to make the second game even better (and faster...)

Yeah your right, you had set a bug in our minds, we could propably give it a second, more complex discusion in the team :-)...

Noone
30-11-2006, 07:56 PM
At least if you don't want to sell the game you should think of opening a donation account. If the player will like your game and want to support you financially (for helping you make the second game) he can do it and pay at least as much as he wants and can afford.

roamn
01-12-2006, 08:29 PM
At least if you don't want to sell the game you should think of opening a donation account. If the player will like your game and want to support you financially (for helping you make the second game) he can do it and pay at least as much as he wants and can afford.

Yes, thats we are "slowly" planing.