PDA

View Full Version : The Whispered World

daedalic_claas
28-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Marco Huellen, game designer of The Whispered World, awaits your questions concerning the game in this thread!

The Whispered World is a new adventure game, sure to capture the imaginations of PC gamers with its fantastic story and breathtaking graphics next year.

The gorgeous point & click title takes players to a fascinating fantasy world. Hand-painted backgrounds filled with animated detail and lovingly crafted characters bring the fairy-tale story of The Whispered World to life.

Designer Marco Huellen’s project has many followers in the international adventure community – with Daedalic Entertainment the fantastic vision will finally come true.

www.the-whispered-world.com (http://www.the-whispered-world.com)

http://www.daedalic.de/bilder/tww_keyvisual_klein.jpg

Marco Hüllen, Game Designer von The Whispered World, beantwortet in diesem Thread eure Fragen zum Spiel!

The Whispered World ist ein neues Adventure, dessen fantastische Geschichte und atemberaubende Grafik nächstes Jahr PC-Spieler verzaubern wird.

Das wunderschöne Point & Click-Abenteuer entführt den Spieler in eine faszinierende Fantasywelt. Handgezeichnete Hintergründe voller animierter Details und liebevoll gestaltete Charaktere hauchen der märchenhaften Geschichte um die geflüsterte Welt Leben ein.

Das Projekt von Designer Marco Hüllen hat die Adventure-Community einige Zeit in Atem gehalten, bevor es bei Daedalic auf den optimalen Nährboden für diese großartige Geschichte fiel.

www.the-whispered-world.de (http://www.the-whispered-world.de)

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi, my name is Marco and I'm here to answer your questions about The Whispered World, or at least try to... please excuse my imperfect English!

I brought a new little piece of concept art from the game, which shows one of the locations which are currently being worked on.

http://www.daedalic.de/bilder/tww_forum.jpg

Hallo, ich bin Marco und freue mich auf eure Fragen zu The Whispered World! Hier habe ich euch ein neues Concept-Art mitgebracht, das eine der Locations zeigt, an der wir gerade arbeiten... also auf geht's!

Noone
28-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi! I remember this game since it was developed at Bad Brain. Then it was frozen near the end of development. As far as I remeber, someone said that it was 96% complete or so. The question is: why he release date on the deadalic site is set to the 4th quarter 2008? Will the game be rewritten from scratch or will it expanded or what? What is the reason for such a delay?

a_side
28-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Hello !

The game looked to be very promising, really happy to see that the project isn't frozened anymore !

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi Alex. When the game was in development at bad brain it was a lot smallers (less locations, chracters,etc). At the moment we make the game as it was originally intended to be. For that we're currently working on new locations. At the end of the development process it should be 5 times longer and the story will be much more epic.

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 07:18 PM
@ a-side: Thanks a lot!

PolloDiablo
28-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Can you tell us a little bit more about the story? So far, all we know is that the setting is in a fantasy world, but what about who is the main character? Who will he or she meet? ;D

imported_Dave
28-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I was looking forward to this when it was first announced (a long time ago now ;) ) and I still am.

Thanks Daedalic for giving this promising project another chance and good luck Marco!

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi, I am prohibited from telling you much about the story, so I will have to make it quick, before our PR manager sees this: The game is about a young boy who is confronted with a terrible prophecy... the story is about his great journey and the discoveries he makes about himself.

Sorry that I cant be more specific!

soundguy
28-11-2007, 07:34 PM
will it have full talkie english version ?
I remember playing a silent demo version when it was at bad brain ent.

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 07:42 PM
@Dave: Thank you. I am glad to hear that!

@soundguy: yeah, there will be a full talkie english and german version, with all new voices. ;-)

Quill
28-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi, this sounds like a great title. Reminiscent of some earlier adventure games for the 80s and early 90s, which is great. I can't think of a fantasy setting for adventures in recent times so hopefully the nostalgia factor will do well for you!

What would you say the influences are (from other games, stories, folk tales, etc.)?

Best of luck with it!

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 07:52 PM
THX!

My influence are, of course Monkey Island 1-3 and I love the movies of Hayao Miyazaki like "Spirited away" or "Princess Mononoke".

Quill
28-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Impeccable taste, Marco!! :D Miyazaki's imagination is just great - Spirited Away has to be one of my favourite movies of all time.

Aeyolscaer
28-11-2007, 07:59 PM
I just want to say that I´m looking forward to this game since the very first info about it was released. There haven´t been nice "fantasy-only" adventures for such a long time. Keep it on, Marco/Daedalic! And I´m happy to read that there will be used new voices. ;D

DasJan
28-11-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't really have a question, but I wanted to say: Booyah! I'm really glad you can finally make that game! Go go go! :)

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks! There will be a lot more changes to the game, compared to the demo - all for the better of course. But I can't tell you much more yet. Sorry!

Visitor
28-11-2007, 08:38 PM
First of all: Looking gorgeous!!!

Can you tell us a little bit about the engine you will use? The demo was made with Visionaire, right? Will you turn to another one or do you develop your own one (may be the same as A New Beginning will use?). I think I haven´t read anything in the existing previews/interviews until now.

Glad you found the opportunity to finish (and extend) your work, which you have already done for bad brain. Could you use some of your work or did you have to develop all from scratch?

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.fantastic-creatures.de/bild09.jpg

PolloDiablo
28-11-2007, 08:44 PM
:o

Wow, nice!

imported_Dave
28-11-2007, 08:46 PM
That's exactly the reason I love these kind of drawn adventure games. These kind of pictures wouldn't even be weird to have hanging as a painting in your house :)

daedalic_marco
28-11-2007, 08:50 PM
We will use the same engine as in our other projects ike A New Beginning. This will allow us to tailor the game to our needs.
We are still using a couple of older backgrounds, but the story is different and bigger as at the times at Bad Brain. Its much more dramatic and emotional.

daedalic_olli
28-11-2007, 08:55 PM
These kind of pictures wouldn't even be weird to have hanging as a painting in your house :)

Oh, sounds like a brilliant merchandise product! Or maybe as a goodie for the "Special Ultimate Deluxe Edition" of The Whispered World: The game comes with a painting by Marco that you can hang over your bed.

daedalic_claas
28-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Thank you all for your questions - if any unanswered queries remain, feel free to post them and we will answer them in the coming days. But now, I'm afraid, Marco will have to leave to celebrate his birthday - happy birthday Marco and don't overdo the partying... again! ;D

PolloDiablo
28-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Sold ;D

daedalic_olli
28-11-2007, 09:02 PM
His 29th birthday, by the way.

Psst don't tell him this means he's gonna be 30 next year. ;-)

axelkothe
28-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Happy Birthday Marco!

Can you tell us when it was decided to continue the project under daedalic? After the closure of bad brain there was this thing about having adventurefans finish the game, but this, as many other promises by wolgang k., did never happen... (which in this case is probably a good thing ;) )