PDA

View Full Version : Ankh DS

Noone
28-11-2007, 07:11 PM
As far as I can remeber you are developing a DS version of Ankh. Will there be any differences from a PC version?

daedalic_claas
28-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi Alex,

the DS version is not being developed by us (the developers are two companies called Denaris and Visual Imagination), but we will co-publish it with bhv/XIDER. It will be a port of the first Ankh, so it will have the same story and most of the puzzles will be the same. Of course, there will be a lot of adjustments as well - the perspective will be different, the controls have been changed, so you can do everything with the stylus etc. Some of the puzzles will be changed quite a lot and there will be new puzzles designed specifically for the DS...

The game will also have all the original voice-overs from the PC game...

Cheers,

Claas

Noone
28-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Will it be interesting for a person who've played the PC game to replay it on DS or are you aming for an auditory who still haven't played the PC version?

daedalic_claas
28-11-2007, 07:40 PM
While we are mainly aiming at new players, I think it will be thrill for Ankh fans as well to rediscover the story of the first Ankh from a new perspective - while they will have some advantage in figuring out many of the puzzles, they can't expect to breeze through the whole game lightly either!

imported_Dave
28-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Is it true that Xider is bringing the DS version to the Netherlands?

I am addicted to my DS and I would love to play Ankh on it. Also: great that the voices are also on the DS versions. Not much of the games I own have that. (actually none :) )

daedalic_claas
28-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Is it true that Xider is bringing the DS version to the Netherlands?

I would have to get back to you on that, but it should be released internationally in a similar way as the Ankh PC games... in some cases, it will probably get there much quicker, actually.