PDA

View Full Version : Friends with Benefits (2011)

VampAurora
04-08-2012, 01:23 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4257/friendswithbenefitspost.jpg

Storyline:
Jamie (Mila Kunis) is a New York head-hunter trying to sign Los Angeles-based Dylan (Justin Timberlake) for her client. When he takes the job and makes the move, they quickly become friends. Their friendship turns into a friendship with benefits, but with Jamie's emotionally damaged past and Dylan's history of being emotionally unavailable, they have to try to not fall for each other the way Hollywood romantic comedies dictate.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Will Gluck
Produced by: Liz Glotzer, Martin Shafer, Will Gluck, Jerry Zucker, Janet Zucker
Written by: Keith Merryman, David A. Newman, Will Gluck, Harley Peyton

Starring: Justin Timberlake, Mila Kunis, Patricia Clarkson, Woody Harrelson, Jenna Elfman, Bryan Greenberg, Nolan Gould, Richard Jenkins

Music by: Halli Cauthery
Cinematography: Michael Grady
Editing by: Tia Nolan
Studio: Castle Rock Entertainment
Distributed by: Screen Gems
Release date: July 22, 2011

Running time: 109 minutes
Language: English
Budget: $35 million
Box office: $149,542,245

Critiques:

"The result isn't just the best new romantic comedy released so far this year, but one of the best comedies, period." Mike Scott, New Orleans Times-Picayune

"It works because Timberlake and Kunis are totally in control of their damaged characters without winking at the audience, as if to say: "Aren't we cute, behaving so naughty?" Their sex is amusingly awkward, and their repressed longings more so. It's the kind of chemistry that comes along once in a generation." Steve Persall, Tampa Bay Times

"Goes a long way in bringing sexy back to a soggy genre, benefiting greatly from the presence of its likable leads." Michael Rechtshaffen, The Hollywood Reporter

"Even with all their huffing and puffing, this very salty, often funny affair is never quite as satisfying as it should be." Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times

VampAurora
04-08-2012, 01:23 PM
VampAurora's Critique:

One of my favourite movies. There is a special chemistry between Kunis and Timberlake in my opinion. A great movie that has it all, you can laugh, you will get moved and you'll have lots of emotions throughout it. One of the best romantic comedies I have seen. I totally recommend this.

Rating: 9/10

AngGwapoKoh
04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Nice Movie... :)

ghantauke
04-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Decent movie with good dialogues but the plot was too cliche, and the ending too predictable for my linking. Justin Timberlake not exactly the best actor, but Mila Kunis couldn't have been more perfect for the part. Who knew Meg Griffin would look so sexy, right?
I'd give it a 7/10. Could've done a lot better with $35 mill budget.

I'm not a very big fan of romantic comedy but the only movie I ever truly enjoyed watching in this genre is "500 days of summer".
This is one of those movies that'll stay in your head for years.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, far better male lead than Justin Timberlake and Zooey Deschanel one of the most underrated actress at the present. It's a shame when people only know her as "the actress who is Katie Perry's double".

ScreenDestroyer
04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Hiya Ghant. I deleted a part of your post, because we're meant to only discuss about the reviewed thread in its thread. I believe a thread on the movie you mentioned will arrive soon enough.

VampAurora
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Decent movie with good dialogues but the plot was too cliche, and the ending too predictable for my linking. Justin Timberlake not exactly the best actor, but Mila Kunis couldn't have been more perfect for the part. Who knew Meg Griffin would look so sexy, right?
I'd give it a 7/10. Could've done a lot better with $35 mill budget.

I'm not a very big fan of romantic comedy but the only movie I ever truly enjoyed watching in this genre is "500 days of summer".
This is one of those movies that'll stay in your head for years.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, far better male lead than Justin Timberlake and Zooey Deschanel one of the most underrated actress at the present. It's a shame when people only know her as "the actress who is Katie Perry's double".

Read this please. http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthread.php?t=147782
As a coincidence, the moment you posted this, I was already making a review about the movie, (I was smiling alone when I realised it xD ), so now you are free to post in the topic of that movie.

JtChan
04-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm not a very big fan of romantic comedy but the only movie I ever truly enjoyed watching in this genre is "500 days of summer". .

As a great man once said,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nd3YLMzjcY

VampAurora
05-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Racist or too many complexes? :/

JoKeR
05-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Nice movie. :)

yay..
07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
nice movie.

LighT.of.SorroW
24-08-2012, 12:27 AM
well pretty good movie... i didnt expect so much from justin but i think he has done a pretty good work.