PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)

VampAurora
12-08-2012, 02:02 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8015/wallstreetmoneyneversleqn.jpg

Storyline:
As the global economy teeters on the brink of disaster, a young Wall Street trader partners with disgraced former Wall Street corporate raider Gordon Gekko on a two-tiered mission: To alert the financial community to the coming doom, and to find out who was responsible for the death of the young trader's mentor, so they revenge him.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Oliver Stone
Produced by: Edward R. Pressman, Eric Kopeloff
Written by: Allan Loeb, Stephen Schiff
Based on: characters created by Stanley Weiser, Oliver Stone

Starring: Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Josh Brolin, Carey Mulligan, Frank Langella
Music by: Craig Armstrong
Cinematography: Rodrigo Prieto
Editing by: David BrennerJulie Monroe

Studio: Edward R. Pressman Film
Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Release dates: May 14, 2010 (Cannes), September 24, 2010 (US)
Running time: 133 minutes
Language: English
Budget: $60 million to $70 million
Box office: $134,748,021

Critiques:

"Among an excellent cast, Douglas truly is the nexus; he and Stone make this sequel pay off big-time." Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News

"That rare sequel that took its time -- 23 years -- so it not only advances a story but also has something new to say." Kirk Honeycutt, The Hollywood Reporter

"It's an entertaining story about ambition, romance and predatory trading practices, but it seems more fascinated than angry." Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

"A technically fascinating film that's best when it's angry, less good when romance rears its head." Bill Goodykoontz, Arizona Republic

VampAurora
12-08-2012, 02:02 PM
VampAurora's Critique:

I haven't seen the prequel (since I didn't know it existed, but I will see it very soon, and of course write a review about it), but that movie could stand on it's own as well. Excellently acted, especially by Douglas and LaBeouf. A strong movie about how money goes around and economy moves. I really didn't expect the mid-end of the movie. I strongly think that you should see this one.

Rating: 9/10