PDA

View Full Version : Coach Carter (2005)

VampAurora
23-08-2012, 03:40 AM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7716/coachcarterposter.jpg

Storyline:
In 1999, Ken Carter, a successful sporting goods store owner, accepts the job of basketball coach for his old high school in a poor area of Richmond, CA, where he was a champion athlete. As much dismayed by the poor attitudes of his players as well as their dismal play performance, Carter sets about to change both. He immediately imposes a strict regime typified in written contracts that include stipulations for respectful behavior, a dress code and good grades as requisites to being allowed to participate. The initial resistance from the boys is soon dispelled as the team under Carter's tutelage becomes a undefeated competitor in the games.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Thomas Carter
Produced by: David Gale, Brian Robbins, Michael Tollin
Written by: Mark Schwahn, John Gatins

Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Ri'chard, Rob Brown, Debbi Morgan, Ashanti, Rick Gonzalez, Antwon Tanner, Octavia Spencer, Nana Gbewonyo, Channing Tatum
Music by: Trevor Rabin
Cinematography: Sharone Meir
Editing by: Peter Berger
Studio: MTV Films, Tollin/Robbins Productions

Distributed by: Paramount Pictures
Release date: January 14, 2005
Running time: 136 minutes
Language: English
Budget: $30 million
Box office: $76,669,806

Critiques:

"This entry in a rather stale genre deserves to be put at the head of the class." Sean Daly, Washington Post

"By turns funny, touching and genuinely inspiring." Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News

"A sports flick that's a worthy addition to the genre." Sara Brady, Premiere

"Both an inspirational sports movie and an unexpected multi-level urban drama that plays by its own clock." Robert Koehler, Variety

"It's fair to say that Coach Carter is more an education film than it is a sports movie." Carrie Rickey, Philadelphia Inquirer

VampAurora
23-08-2012, 03:41 AM
VampAurora's Critique:

That movie won me. I have seen similar movies, but that one was just perfect. Funny, moving, inspiring, educational, this movie has it all. Astonishing acts by the whole cast. I enjoyed every single minute of the movie. It's hell worth it. Go get it.

Rating: 10/10

LighT.of.SorroW
23-08-2012, 09:57 PM
who loves `coach carter` movie i think he got taste... great movie, so touching and for more samuel jackson is in it :D. Great actor and i love, especially in at the movie `the negotiator`. U got to see it if u havent :D