PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes (2009)

VampAurora
19-09-2012, 11:46 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/948/sherlockholmesver5.jpg

Storyline:
After finally catching serial killer and occult "sorcerer" Lord Blackwood, legendary sleuth Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Dr. Watson can close yet another successful case. But when Blackwood mysteriously returns from the grave and resumes his killing spree, Holmes must take up the hunt once again. Contending with his partner's new fiancé and the dimwitted head of Scotland Yard, the dauntless detective must unravel the clues that will lead him into a twisted web of murder, deceit, and black magic - and the deadly embrace of temptress Irene Adler.

Additional Information:

Directed by: Guy Ritchie
Produced by: Joel Silver, Lionel Wigram, Susan Downey, Dan Lin
Screenplay by: Michael Robert Johnson, Anthony Peckham, Simon Kinberg
Story by: Lionel Wigram, Michael Robert Johnson
Based on: Characters by: Arthur Conan Doyle

Starring: Robert Downey, Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong
Music by: Hans Zimmer
Cinematography: Philippe Rousselot
Editing by: James Herbert
Studio: Silver Pictures, Village Roadshow Pictures

Distributed by: Warner Bros. Pictures
Release dates: 25 December 2009 (United States), 26 December 2009 (United Kingdom)
Running time: 128 minutes
Language: English
Budget: $90 million
Box office: $524,028,679

Critiques:

"Downey has a winning take on Holmes: He's always on." Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News

"The less I thought about Sherlock Holmes, the more I liked "Sherlock Holmes." Yet another classic hero has been fed into the f/x mill, emerging as a modern superman." Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

"Hey, remember "fun"? If you're sick of the apocalypse and tortured anti-heroes, then you need to see Sherlock Holmes. It's a blast from start to finish." Nick Starkey, Premiere

"Entertaining in a glossy, mindless way." Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com

"Ritchie has never worked on a scale anything approaching this before and, while some of the directorial affectations are distracting, he keeps the action humming." Todd McCarthy, Variety

VampAurora
19-09-2012, 11:46 PM
VampAurora's Critique:

I really enjoyed this movie, Robert Downey, Jr. is just perfect. Some pretty cool effects and a pretty nice storyline as well as direction. Mystery fans will love this. I totally suggest you this one.

Rating: 9/10

Megistos
20-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Robert Downey Jr. is one of my favourite actros , so i realy love this movie ^_^
I totally suggest you to see this movie , too!
Also Sherlock Holmes 2 is awesome!

butcer
20-09-2012, 09:45 AM
9/10 ??? to much for me.
It was good movie, I enjoyed but can't giv' it a 9 ?

7.5/10

In_My_Control
25-09-2012, 09:23 AM
No words for them

10/10

tan.
10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are making a very wonderfull duo.Best scene was on the fight i love that medium thing that Holmes doing

To_Pasteli
12-11-2012, 03:56 PM
i would rate it with 8/10...