View Full Version : Unofficial Scrim/Ringer/Clan Channels

Captain
09-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Unofficial Competitive Channels

NEW CHANNEL: Clan Scrim

Introduction

Hello, I have noticed lately there have been several post regarding finding scrims and what IRC channel to use. Well after idling all of the IRC channels it's obvious they are not being used very often to find scrims. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of IRC, but I think there are just to many players that just don't know what it is or how to utilize it. My solution would be in-game channels. I think with the help of blackAngel88's Channel Loader Mod and several active teams we can get a consistent scrim channel going. In the future I hope S2 takes a look at my Improved Chat suggestion as it will help with the scrim channel.

In-Game Channels

Clan Scrim
Scrim: Scrim is short for scrimmage which in gaming is basically a practice match where two teams play against each other. Some people may call this a CW/Clan War or FW/Fun War.
Ringer: A person who fills in and plays for a team. For example a team only has 4 members online but they still wanna practice. They can go to the ringer channel to find there 5th member.
Example Format: 5v5 | FoC | Ours | east/cent | Pro | PM ME
Example Format: 1 Ringer | east/cent | Med | PM ME

Moderators: Jigzup | Katsie | Tripler | Teky

Channel Loader Mod

This mod will automatically join channels you specify on start-up. You can "auto-join" up to 6 Channels.

I ask everyone who plans to use the above channels to please download the channel loader mod and add Clan Scrim to their auto-join list. Doing this may help keep the channels active.

How do I get Channel Loader Mod?

Please follow this LINK (http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=220028) to the mod creators page. Installation is very simple and there are instructions provided. This mod will work stand-alone or with Mod Manager.

Download: Channel Loader (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k0nt2w1kjjm)

Want to help?

I will need some volunteers to help with the moderation of these channels if they do take off and get some use. I will obviously not be there 24/7 to make sure they are being used for the correct reasons. If your interested drop me a PM and I will give you the details.

Teams supporting this channel?

Would you like your team listed to show your support of this channel and to help inspire other teams to get in on the action? Reply or PM me with your team name and I will add it to the list!

US | TEAMS
-------------------------------------------------------------------
»» nextinLine [niL]
»» Quality Control [QuC]
»» Urban Bushido [uBx]
»» Transcendence [tRn]
»» Yes I found A tag [YFT]
»» fiVe [5]
»» Gankin 4 Noobs [G4N]
»» Ascendancy [AsY]
»» i love you [143]
»» First Blood [1B]