PDA

View Full Version : Appeal Mr. Bungle

Mr.Bungle
04-12-2009, 01:58 AM
Time passed since the ban was issued: 4 hours or so.
Previous appeals: None
Reason(s) why you deserve to be unbanned:
Well, here we are playing a regular game of cm, we get outplayed by a lot and are about to lose. First of let me say that I have nothing against noobs being bad at the game whatsoever; that being said at like about 10mins till the game ends our soloer who failed by a lot starts whining about how he did not get any reports of a miss for a roaming character. I myself announce that char will be roaming so be carefull at the beggining of the game and I remind him of that. While he capable of understanding what I am saying he goes 'yeah whatever you are so pro'. Keep in mind he plays 1-11 as soloer and I am the second best player in my team, tho it's not the point I am just typing this so you can understand the situation. I don't respond. Couple of minutes later our captain starts blaming others for his own obvious mistakes and he keeps on trashtalking.

I start telling him about his mistakes reasonably he keeps denying and blaming other and that pisses me off. Arguement goes on and what do you know? A mod pauses the game saying if anyone keeps flaming after this point will be banned. Quite reasonable no?

No. Those who I mentioned trashtalked and will be trashtalking as this encourages them to do so. So I say I will call them mentally retarded if they act like one as they won't stop doing that even though they are fully capable of seeing their mistakes but choses to blame others for that. So I call him mentally retarded explaining why, then I get banned.

Now in my opinion flaming is : F.CKING NOOB L2P I HOPE SMURFS EAT YOUR BABIES
If the word 'retard' is taken as flaming then I will find a kinder word to replace it as it seems trashtalking for a good 5mins and blaming others for your own mistakes without so-called-insulting words is legit.

This is not just a ban appeal but also a request for better modding. Let me know if you think I'm wrong or right so I'll know I just didn't waste my 10mins typing this. Thanks

Spasmolyt
04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
How can a person that is able to write such a text sound so childish and immature in the chatlog?
Well, actually your post also has some major flaws. Jugger went 2-8-4, not 1-11 as you claim, while being constantly ganked by a roaming VS while you got 2-6-3 in a dual lane, so you shouldn't try using stats as proof of anything.
The GM in that game could have tried to turn the game atmosphere friendly a bit earlier, but when he clearly says "ONEMORE FLAME AND ALL WEEK BAN GOT IT? LAST WARNING" and you write that just seconds after:
[25:34] [Scourge] Mr.Bungle: i dont mind
[25:35] [Scourge] Mr.Bungle: really
[25:38] [Scourge] Mr.Bungle: hes being a retard
[25:41] [Scourge] Mr.Bungle: so i ll call him
[25:45] [Scourge] Mr.Bungle: a retard
... you're just calling for a ban. No person with any kind of authority can tolerate such openly disrespectful behaviour without losing it.
Furthermore, you too were involved in the destructive discussion going on some minutes before that.
And when "retard" is not flaming to you, maybe you should read up what a retard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_retardation) really is.

MYHEARTISUNDEAD
04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Whether you feel you are the "best" or second "best" player on your team is hardly relevant to your general manner and conduct.

However this does seem a little harsh if your account of the situation is accurate. Ive also been banned for something as minor as "retard" towards a GM before. It's not fun.

On the other hand, perhaps you were being over critical and analytical in regards to your team. Your "reasonable" outlining of his mistakes might have been too potent, because often enough people make mistakes that they are fully aware of (there are alot of other factors to consider) and so underlining these would be extremely irritating for the party involved.

SouL]ReQuieM
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
in that game there is lots of whining and blaming the reason you got banned is that you flame after marcvs gave you a warning and i don't suppose other GMs will accept that behavior. If you want to be unbanned please write a valid reason for unban.

marcvs
04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
that game was a pathetic excuse for dota. all lanes failed,and absolutely no team play.

yet, that happens in game.

people tend to fail in game,no matter how skilled they are (latest example mym @ SMM)

However, this DOES NOT give you right to flame,complain and blame. especially when gm warned you all at several occasions.

here you show two things:rude behavior towards your fellow teammates, and not respecting gm's. both quite sufficient reasons for ban.

and yes, i am aware 2 more players from that game would well deserve a ban. those two players' behavior will be look upon in future .

Mr.Bungle
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
@spas my 1-11 claim was against the soloer -huskar not jugger as I said above, and about acting childish yeah I sometimes lose it when there others acting like it. Jugger wasn't the only one who constanly got ganked every lane was roamed which was stated from the start so its not an excuse on his part

Anways enough defending; I know what I did wasn't the best way to handle it, my concern was those who kept trashtalking got away with it. I will hear out what gms say so forth and will use 'kinder' words or better yet I won't talk at all.

Spasmolyt
04-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I will hear out what gms say so forth and will use 'kinder' words or better yet I won't talk at all.
How about acting like a grown-up, ignoring childish blamers in a game or telling them reasonably where they're wrong.

Mr.Bungle
04-12-2009, 02:33 PM
How about acting like a grown-up, ignoring childish blamers in a game or telling them reasonably where they're wrong.

You think I haven't tried? Without a power to back you up like being able to ban or kick the answer you get is "LOL GTFO". And for those who can be reasonable you don't even get in this kind of situations to begin with

Spasmolyt
04-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Hopeless cases is what the first option is for.

Mr.Bungle
04-12-2009, 04:40 PM
That was not my point..

Anyways I apologize for the rude behaviour won't happen again as I said above, anything else I need to say to get unbanned?

SouL]ReQuieM
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Just remind if something like that happen again just post an ban request therefore we can check it and just try and ignore them.

Granted