PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Donation

NinjaElmo
07-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I am aware that the current RGC is up and running smoothly (or should i say Europe region). Coming from Australia, it is hard/not possible to play with lag + delay over this client. I would love to see the Asian region and Oceania region do the same - but I realise RGC has been created from tireless hours and efforts to come to where it is.

My suggestion for "Sir Rogers" (already spoken to fellow admins on client) is to implement a way for users to donate to you/your company (Paypal would be the best option imo.) I mean, you are putting in so much, users should be giving back what you have provided. In addition, I realise most the users and players are from European countries, but it would be interesting to see on the client if users could use the command /from or be shown automatically in main chat where each individual is from. Thus, being an Aussie, if I see fellow Australians amongst the crowd, we can organise a game together etc.

Once again, even though I haven't been able to play on your servers - I'm sure RGC will become VERY popular once there are more servers provided.

Sir Rogers
14-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I am aware that the current RGC is up and running smoothly (or should i say Europe region). Coming from Australia, it is hard/not possible to play with lag + delay over this client. I would love to see the Asian region and Oceania region do the same - but I realise RGC has been created from tireless hours and efforts to come to where it is.

My suggestion for "Sir Rogers" (already spoken to fellow admins on client) is to implement a way for users to donate to you/your company (Paypal would be the best option imo.) I mean, you are putting in so much, users should be giving back what you have provided. In addition, I realise most the users and players are from European countries, but it would be interesting to see on the client if users could use the command /from or be shown automatically in main chat where each individual is from. Thus, being an Aussie, if I see fellow Australians amongst the crowd, we can organise a game together etc.

Once again, even though I haven't been able to play on your servers - I'm sure RGC will become VERY popular once there are more servers provided.

Hello Elmo,

it's good to hear from you. We will have a donation system at some stage, but it creates effort to create and I'm currently spending the whole day working on the client. I had to make a few sacrifices to provide the european server but that's ok. Because it would be impossible to provide servers for everyone the client will have both server and player hosting.

So that once there is a hype going and there's more players from a certain geographical region joining we can take requests for server hosting. The system is designed in a very flexible way so that I can add new servers to new regions at any time, it's just the financial side of things which will need to be worked out at some stage.

But that comes after I've coded the new functionality. I'm doing a lot of changes right now, most of which are to the new admin control panel, built into the client, which will give channel admins a higher degree of freedom and customization when managing their community.

More suggestions are as always highly welcome. Are there any big aussie dota communities/leagues out there?

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Lagoon
14-01-2010, 08:42 PM
So i guess everyone has there answers solved now? ill turn this into Q and A.
incase users dont see this.