PDA

View Full Version : Layout of the Client

Sarathos
09-01-2010, 02:03 AM
So uhm, i figured i'd just create my own thread instead of bumping Roger's 'Hello' thread.

When i first started using the Client, i notice the plain colors and it reminded me of the depressing days of Windows 98 :P.

So if you have any plans on changing the skin, would you ever think of having a Black Glossy skin?

If its possible to fix Black-glossy at all. It's really awesome :].

Zemunac
10-01-2010, 04:57 PM
So uhm, i figured i'd just create my own thread instead of bumping Roger's 'Hello' thread.

When i first started using the Client, i notice the plain colors and it reminded me of the depressing days of Windows 98 :P.

So if you have any plans on changing the skin, would you ever think of having a Black Glossy skin?

If its possible to fix Black-glossy at all. It's really awesome :].

use windows 7.. It looks 3 times better there.. :D

Sarathos
10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Windows 7 won't change the appearence of the client..

Flutschi
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Well, u can chance designes, and the client design changes with it..

ur idea is nice, but as i heard from rogers, he already thought about that... so at the end, u can make ur own design of the client :)

Sir Rogers
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I will build a system where users can make their own design.

I'm not 100% sure yet how that will work. I'm currently checking whether QT has already something which allows that. I looked at some solutions and none of them had what I really wanted.

I want it to be possible that people can change everything in the design. From the colors, the background image right down to the position of the buttons and different things. So that people can go wild changing the design :-)

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Awsm
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Good idea, another reason to do so is to allow people (like me :<) who have wooden PCs back from WW1 to stick to the current skin, in case a little bling bling would add lag.

Zemunac
14-01-2010, 01:55 PM

yes it will and here is the prof.

here is ss of the client winxp
http://www.broesel-brzelius.de/bilder/dpi_bug.png

win7/vista

http://www.fotorola.com/uploads/c3b3a880af.jpg

Sarathos
14-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I stated i used Windows Vista i think..

And the appearence is still Windows XP'ish. Looks plain and gray :S

vaikis
18-02-2010, 02:47 PM
it looks fine . atleast for me