View Full Version : Reconnecting to dropped games

LeGoLaSSS
20-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Since Ranked Gaming Client it's based on Ghost Bot I hope this is going to be implemented here aswell when it's released.

Varlock, the developer of the popular Ghost hosting bot, has done a successful concept test on this functionality and will work on implementing it for public use in the future. The technology is portable for Garena (or anything else in theory, if someone wants to port it) as well.

He wanted me to try to help him gauge interest level for his project. It would basically require the host to be using the tool on bnet, garena or any other hosting platform the feature is ported to. Any player that wants to be able to reconnect would have the custom reconnect tool running, but players who are not using the tool could still play in the same games.

The exact time and schedule for its release is not defined yet. The main reason for this post is to help get him feedback so he can decide how much interest people have in it and consider his schedule accordingly. If you have any thoughts you want to share with him, you can respond here and I'll relay them to him or you can email him directly at hogantp@gmail.com

Thanks to Varlock for his continued efforts in the DotA hosting scene.

The first version of Varlock's reconnection tool is almost ready for release. We've been testing it in real DotA games for the past few weeks and it has worked very well. We've had many players disconnect only to reconnect moments later, saving otherwise lost games.

The code for this tool (both client and server) will be open source so that anyone can build upon it and integrate it into their platforms and communities.

NeC.madchen
21-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Gr8 news!

Sir Rogers
21-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Yup, as soon as everything is ready I'll integrate it.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

TRocek
21-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Yup, as soon as everything is ready I'll integrate it.

Regards,
Sir Rogers
I really look forward to this tool. By the way, maybe he can fix the Ghost bot on ggc (problem with lvls + national), because without this is the Ghost bot useless.