PDA

View Full Version : !Banlist

[http]prof.keos
28-02-2010, 03:37 AM
I suggest that you add a new command !banlist like a friendlist but acts as a reminder of the people you dont want to play with.
You can get a tiny bit of satisfaction by "banning" people that ruin your game in public channel(no point in posting a ban-request).

Regards Keos

Flutschi
28-02-2010, 03:38 AM
!ban [http]prof.keos

hmm, i like the sound of that.

Phi
28-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Very good suggestion. As so much things are unclear now to many players (and vouchers/admins xD ), I think a personalized banlist would be a wonderful idea. Of course you won't be able to kick nobody, but you can still leave the game before it starts, if some r-tard kiddo shows up, that you are sure will harass you again.

So if you ban somebody, you should automatically squelch his messages, ignore list style. Further flamewars are made impossible, as you won't read his provocations in the clientchat. If you still decide to play with him, well then it's your own fault for getting blamed/flamed/harassed/whined upon ingame or you just loose because the guy goes carry on VS (this works against noobies too :P ).

However there is also the danger that this will result in "banwars", which is still preferable to being exposed to some heavy flames in the channels I think.

x_T_c
28-02-2010, 12:21 PM
!banlist hmmmm
Gayarena style :rolleyes:

Aravis
28-02-2010, 12:54 PM
This is not the solution, although i see your point.

The problem we are dealing with here is the high efford to report these guys.
That is the root where something needs to be changed. It takes high efford (register here, find the right forum, upload replay ...) and is little rewarding as you probably dont play with that guy again soon, so you rather do it for the "team". (You keep the player base "clean")

Flutschi
28-02-2010, 01:21 PM
This is not the solution, although i see your point.

The problem we are dealing with here is the high efford to report these guys.
That is the root where something needs to be changed. It takes high efford (register here, find the right forum, upload replay ...) and is little rewarding as you probably dont play with that guy again soon, so you rather do it for the "team". (You keep the player base "clean")

Well, who said the forum is the only way?

we also have a banrequest channel on the client, join there, wait for us to appear, and give us the dotaparser link -- done!

but this is only for dotarank channels!

and for the banlist command, i dont think rogers has time for this, because he goes to alot of changes right now, and has much much more important things to work on!