PDA

View Full Version : Mirana Nightshade- Priestess of the Moon guide

EmperorGR
19-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Mirana is probably the most loved hero in Dota , so here is a guide if you like the hero but you have difficulties playing with her

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/laureta_angelo/Mirana_Nightshade-Priestess_of_the_.jpg

Table of Contents:

1.a Pros and Cons
1.b Hero basic Stats
1.c Skills

2.a Skill Build
2.b Item Build

3.a Strategy
3.b Elune's Arrow strategy

Pros and Cons :
+ Great ganking abilities
+ Strong in both early and late game
+ 2 different escaping abilities
+ Great Agility growth
+ Easy attack animation to perfect last hits
+ Decent farming abilities (with starfall)
++++ Its fun , its deadly , its powerfull , it needs skill and practice , its annoying for the enemies ,its..........Elune's Arrow

- Low Health Points
- Needs a lot of practice to master the priestess of the moon

1.b Hero Stats

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q359/paul_0410/PotM.gif

Mirana Nightshade
Range: 600 | Move Speed: 300

Primary: AGIL
Str: 17 + 1.85 | Agi: 20 + 2.75 | Int: 17 + 1.65
Damage: 38 - 49 | HP: 473 | Mana: 221
HP Regen: 0.76 | Mana Regen: 0.69
Attack Speed: 1.42 | Armor: 1

1.c Skills

Starfall (hotkey T)

Calls down a wave of meteors to damage each nearby enemy. If enemy is farther than 600 range, it has a 60% chance to still hit him. One random enemy unit within 200 aoe will get hit again for half the damage.
Level 1 - 75 damage per wave.
Level 2 - 150 damage per wave.
Level 3 - 225 damage per wave.
Level 4 - 300 damage per wave.
Mana Cost: 100/120/140/160
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Your main attacking spell (combined with Elune's Arrow and a great for farming spell

Things You didnt know about starfall:

a) Starfall deals Magical damage which means that it is reduced by the target's Spell Resistance and is blocked by Spell Immunity
b)Starfall is NOT blocked by Linkens Sphere

Elune`s Arrow (hotkey R)

Fires an arrow to a location with deadly precision, dealing large damage and stunning the first unit it strikes. Stun duration increases based on how far the target is, ranging from 0.5 to 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 90 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 180 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 270 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 360 damage.
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 25 seconds

The source of Mirana's power , Elune's Arrow is the main reason Mirana is such a good ganker , its the initiator spell and many times the finisher as well and my favourite spell in the game

Things You didn't know about Elune's Arrow

a) The arrow can't hit allied creeps/units/heroes
b) For every 150 distance the arrow travels, the stun duration increases by 0.5 seconds. For example, an arrow that travels for 450 range stuns for 1.5 second, and an arrow that travels at least 1500 range stuns for 5 seconds (which is the maximum stun duration).
c) The arrow travels with the movespeed of 837
d)Linken's Sphere blocks the stun but NOT the damage that it dealt by arrow
e) Elune's Arrow deals Magical damage which is reduced by the target's Spell Resistance and is blocked by Spell Immunity.

Leap (hotkey E)

Mirana's wild Frostsaber leaps forward into battle, empowering allies with a ferocious roar upon landing. Movement Speed bonus lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - 400 range. 4% speed increase.
Level 2 - 450 range. 8% speed increase.
Level 3 - 500 range. 12% speed increase.
Level 4 - 550 range. 16% speed increase.
Mana Cost: 40/35/30/20
Cooldown: 40/35/30/20 seconds

Your main escaping and chasing spell , it has great synergy with the other Mirana's spells since the usual combo is (Arrow+leap+starfall)

Things you didn't know about Leap

a) While Leaping, Mirana is moved 30 units every 0.025 seconds, that means she has a speed of 1200 during the leap.
b) You can use leap to dodge incoming spells
c) You can leap over cliffs which makes Leap a great escaping mechanism

Moonlight Shadow (hotkey w)

Turns Nightshade and all allied heroes invisible. If Invisiblity is broken, it gets restored after the fade time during the shadow duration.

Level 1 - Lasts 7 seconds. 2.5 second fade time.
Level 2 - Lasts 9 seconds. 2 second fade time.
Level 3 - Lasts 11 seconds. 1.5 second fade time.
Mana Cost: 200/250/300
Cooldown: 160 seconds

Imagine a team with 5 rikimarus , thats exactly what this spell does , grants invisibility to the whole team , great to save an ally or to initiate surprising ganks

2.a Skill Build

The Normal build
Level 1 - Elune's Arrow
Level 2 - Starfall
Level 3 - Starfall
Level 4 - Leap
Level 5 - Starfall
Level 6 - Elune's Arrow
Level 7 - Starfall
Level 8 - Elune's Arrow
Level 9 - Elune's Arrow
Level 10 - Leap
Level 11 - Moonlight Shadow
Level 12 - Leap
Level 13 - Leap
Level 14-23 Stats
Level 24 - Moonlight Shadow
Level 25 - Moonlight Shadow

The "I love arrows" build

Level 1 - Elune's Arrow
Level 2 - Starfall
Level 3 - Elune's Arrow
Level 4 - Starfall
Level 5 - Elune's Arrow
Level 6 - Leap
Level 7 - Elune's Arrow
Level 8 - Starfall
Level 9 - Starfall
Level 10 - Leap
Level 11 - Moonlight Shadow
Level 12 - Leap
Level 13 - Leap
Level 14-23 Stats
Level 24 - Moonlight Shadow
Level 25 - Moonlight Shadow

About the 1st build , its wiser to max out starfall first instead of Elune's Arrow , the reason? Level 1 arrow with level 4 arrow have exactly the same stun time the only thing that changes is the damage , so maxing out Starfall as soon as possible is probably better since it will be your main damaging/nuking ability

Why Arrow at level 1 : for a possible quick first blood

Why not ultimate at level 6 : besides the fact that your mana pool cant support your ultimate yet , you need leap and as high as possible arrow + starfall for the first ganks you will try , besides that Moonlight Shadow maxes its efficient at late game when team fights occur more often

Why stats over higher level Moonlight Shadow : level 2 and level 3 only increase the duration of the invisibility if you ask me its pointless to go for a lvl 3 ultimate at 16 level , the stats bonuses will be more useful

Why leap at level 4: At the start with your horrible health points you are a sitting duck without any escape mechanism , so having Leap early (1 lvl is enough) will save your life in many occasions , plus it will increase your ability to chase and kill which will come in handy at the first ganks you will make

About the 2nd build , truth is that i do not recommend it the 1st one is better no matter how u look at it , BUT i am an arrow fanboy so i usually max it first since its my favourite spell , but if you are making your first steps with mirana (which will mean that u are gonna miss A LOT with arrows) dont even think about going for the 2nd build

2.b Item Build

Start Items:
If you chose Mirana your starting item should be Magical Bottle there is no debate here bottle is the best first item for Mirana..period.

If you randomed Mirana you should buy Magical Bottle + Observer wards , Early game you should go for ALL the runes , refilling your bottle without going back to the fountain is EXTREMELY important

Main Items:
http://dotabestguides.com/wp-content/imagescache/i53.photobucket.com/images/lists/BTNBottle2.gif

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/powertreads.gif

2http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/wraithband.gif

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/stygiandesolator.gif

or

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/maelstrom.gif

or

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/diffusalblade.gif

Why this item build:

http://dotabestguides.com/wp-content/imagescache/i53.photobucket.com/images/lists/BTNBottle2.gif : As a great ganking hero mirana can take full advantage of the runes and the refilling of bottle , with bottle you dont have to worry about going back to fill your health points

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/powertreads.gif: You can buy Boots of Travel as well but my personal opinion is that at least to Mirana its not worth it , treads are cheaper and they also give you attack speed which can be the difference between a kill and a failed gank

2 http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/wraithband.gif: Not much to say the stats bonuses are important especially at the start where neither your damage or your hp are high enough

Desolator or Diffusal or Maelstorm : all 3 items are good for mirana , it depends on your opponents in order to decide for what build you 'll go

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/maelstrom.gif will give you the chance to farm easier and to kill low armor heroes easier

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/diffusalblade.gif which is probably the most famous build at this time will give you and additional slow besides your stun and combined with leap makes impossible for someone to escape you

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/stygiandesolator.gif is great if you have beast opponents like centaur

Another choice which nowdays almost noone uses is Sange n Yasha , it gives you extra hp + extra movespeed + damage and its kinda cheap

Personally i usually go for the maelstorm build (which i turn to mjolnir later in game)

Luxury Items:

http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/mjollnir.gif: (if you went for the maelstorm build)
http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/mantastyle.gif:It was the n1 choice back when diffusal was the 1st requirement for manta , now with the changes i personally think manta is not a good choice for mirana
http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/eyeofskadi.gif: huge bonuses +slow , IF you are extremely rich its quite a good item
http://www.dotastrategy.com/images/item/thebutterfly.gif: My number 1 choice after Mjolnir , butterfly is a very good choice to every agility hero

Bad choices:
Hp leech items , i have seen many times people going for Helm of dominator , well mirana is not meant to fight toe to toe so if you ask me going for hp leech is pointless since your main tactic will be to assasinate/gank heroes and not trying to overpower the enemy in "fair" fights

3.a Strategy

Early game:

Request a solo lane with Potm , the mid lane is the best in order to use Mirana's Full Potential

After farming till level 6-8 is the time for the first ganks , first see if it is possible to kill your enemy at the lane with a well placed arrow , if that is not possible its time for the rune hunt , find a rune fill your bottle and after seeing which lane is better to gank prepare , usually the best way is to hide in woods start with an arrow leap to your target and kill him along with your allies , if you miss try to decrease his hp with your allies and by the time your enemy tries to escape finish him with an arrow

Mid Game: Continue to gank and taking as much runes as possible by now you should have your maelstorm which makes your farming way easier , always look for a chance to gank especially the enemy carry heroes

Late Game: Your main role is to initiate the fights , fire an arrow stun the enemy carry or healer and with your team you ll have a huge advantage over the enemy team , you can also use your Moonlight Shadow if things go bad or to gank the whole enemy team.. Its always fun to see 5 people pushing and suddenly behind them 5 enemies appear and kill them before they understand what the hell happened;p

3.b Elune's Arrow Strategy

You can type at anytime -aa to see your Arrow Accuracy , it shows how many arrows you fired how many of them hit an enemy hero and the percentage accuracy

An important command that few use when playing mirana is the -apm command

That command shows you the Actions Per Minute for every hero , why is this important to you? Its simple an enemy hero with a low apm means that he is usually standing still thus you have more chances to hit him without trying to guess which way he will move , in the contrary an enemy with huge apm is more difficult to hit as he is moving a lot

Your main strategy with arrow will be to hit them when they dont expect it

Hide in trees , Over the hills at night or at the fog guarantees a higher accuracy with arrow...if you are face to face with the enemy at lane try to fire the arrow the second all the enemy creeps die , that way your arrow will travel along with your own creeps making it harder to see it and avoid it

Dont be afraid to fire arrows even with low chances of success , practice practice and practice , try to guess the path your enemy will follow and fire the arrow in that direction an arrow that missed is better than a non existent arrow ;p

Later on today pics will be added for further understanding of how the arrow really works

Lazin
19-07-2009, 10:48 PM
i like ur guide
even tho i use almost the second skill build i do
arrow
leap
arrow
starfall
arrow
starfall
arrow
and so on

BlackSheep)
20-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Nica guide!

MasteR[KM]
20-07-2009, 07:26 AM
i like ur guide
arrow
leap
arrow
starfall
arrow
starfall
arrow
and so on

+1 the best skillbuild

Eulogison
20-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Nice guide but i guess i would go for
Level 1 - Elune's Arrow
Level 2 - Starfall
Level 3 - Starfall
Level 4 - Leap
Level 5 - Starfall
Level 6 - Elune's Arrow
Level 7 - Starfall

Although depending on oponent and teammates...

The build depends

+1 for diffusal :)

nTaBaTzIs_GR
20-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah that's a very good guide GJ!!!

zr3_
20-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Nice guid but if u have money i make boots of traveling better :)

CL.Thanos
20-07-2009, 01:44 PM
very useful guid. good work :potm::potm:

Lazin
20-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice guid but if u have money i make boots of traveling better :)i think tis a waste of money
if u have threads + yasha with leap u can go anywhere really fast
plus u get more stats

Etherial
20-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Very nice guide.. mirana is a quite tricky hero needs a hell lot of practice indeed :p

SatirosSs
21-07-2009, 04:05 PM
very nice guide...i have seen mirana with S&Y an skadi imba combo....:dkni:

palaiokwstas
21-07-2009, 04:08 PM
great guide :D

MikrosMpelasFTW
21-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Hmm about the item build.. In my opinion making BoT would help a lot for gangs escaping etc. Secondly as for the orb effect the ones that i am using are Mjollnir and EoS which stack. Before ofc i make 3-4 wraith bands and farm/gang all the time. The spell series is fine ( i mean the first one.) andd thats all :D

Taidan
28-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice guide

Flush-RoyaL
05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
:potm:-> Its Favorite Hero for me And for play mirana need Big skill and need practice To much for be pr0 !!

and i play mirana 1LVL arrow/lvl2 leap/3 star/4 star 5 Star 6 arrow 7 star and.. after arrow

Sn0w_BL4cK
06-08-2009, 10:29 AM
If u are SO LUCKY learn:
1)starfall
2)arrow
3)leap
4)starfall
5)starfall
6)arrow
7)starfall
8)leap
9)arrow
10)arrow
11)leap
ect...
i told that cuz if u are so lucky....
starfall has a 60% change to hit an random enemy twice...:p xD

KickOn
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Indeed a good guide, +1

Marquina
13-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Great build mate
but i prefer do Leap as first skill then afterwards arrow nor starfall all after your opponent and playstyle

Jad0.
13-08-2009, 09:35 PM
If u are SO LUCKY learn:
1)starfall
2)arrow
3)leap
4)starfall
5)starfall
6)arrow
7)starfall
8)leap
9)arrow
10)arrow
11)leap
ect...
i told that cuz if u are so lucky....
starfall has a 60% change to hit an random enemy twice...:p xD

You mean "A" random, tbh its not about luck to hit twice, depends on range =)

xania
14-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Nice guide,great job my friend...

Mljonir in mirana is imba with some attack speed upgraded :D ;)

SatirosSs
14-08-2009, 01:55 PM
very helpfull guide....

deez.nuts.
15-08-2009, 07:47 PM
thnx a lot guyz!

aenaon11880
18-08-2009, 08:04 AM
very helpfull guide great work!! but i usually play the skills like this

arrow/leap/arrow/starfall/leap/arrow/starfall/arrow/starfall/leap/starfall/leap.

C-Snoopie
18-08-2009, 01:55 PM
I hate Mirana. Played with her for a few times and that's it.

But the guide is awesome.

p00c1c1
18-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Very good guide!!!

Aniw8able
19-08-2009, 02:14 AM
First of all nice guide about potm.Secondly i prefer playing mirana with a.s such as s&y + mkb . Interrupts skills easily because of her big a.s . Also she will have hp and you wont have to built eye of skadi to have hp.

xxxLuffyxxx
28-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Nice guide!!!

Julia
15-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Travel > Manta > Skadi > Butterfly > Buriza >
If u wanna carry the game then get satanic
If u there some heroes in opposite team who got evasion then get MKB
and if u are winning and u wanna finish fast the game then get Divine

P.s : The ulti of mirana is really important ..., then You should get it more early, lvl 15 - 16 - 17

Cause with this ulti u can win a teamfight, You can engage a teamfight...

LaspiS
26-12-2009, 10:48 AM
mirana owns with BoT!!
also diffusal + manta = max pain to all heroes!
mana burn owns

_Gauss_
31-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Very Good Guide...

Green_Hools
31-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Tha simfoniso me to laspi!!Mirana me difusual kai manta style pisteuo pos para einai imba...(GNWMI MOU)

BaFs_BuNNy
31-12-2009, 07:09 PM
i like ur guide
arrow
leap
arrow
starfall
arrow
starfall
arrow
and so on

Etc to paizw kai egw . :rolleyes:

buzzlighter.
24-03-2010, 11:06 PM
if you have great skill on arrows i think its great idea to try

Leap
arrow
starfall
starfall
starfall
leap
starfall
leap
leap
arrow

FoTaKoSG4
21-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Πολύ καλό guide μπράβο.

trojanos
29-08-2010, 11:13 PM
gamei file eisai k paokara.kane ki alla opote boreis polu xrisima guids.barvo.egw prosopika 8elw ena kalo guide gia pudge an k 3erw oti ta items t pio pi8ana 8a eina travel aganims hood kardia kardia kardia.

GaNkWiThDaMe-.-
25-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Nice guide BUT i would be better if u had posted the "REAL" creator of this:)

trojanos
04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
gamato guide!!! an ginete omos postare ena gia pudge kai nevermore...

HoLy_ShiT
16-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Hey me too like Mirana but i cant use her second spell neatly..........
and funniest thing abt me is easy bot also avoid my arrowss

DurexDeKapote
06-08-2012, 10:29 AM
nc guide but as many people said its better to have leap lvl 1 in start
arrow
leap
arrow
starfall
+++and when arrow and starfall over you can continiou upgrade leap
this is couze early gangs or if you are solo is very usefull

TOP.GUN.
20-03-2013, 06:24 PM
wraio guide ontws .an kai den kserw mirana poli kala ...apo items :phase diffusal manta buttefly mkb

Dota)Mirage
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Nice guide, really nice guide but also monkey king bar is suitable for mirana and s&y

TRAFALGAR.
05-08-2013, 02:15 PM
yeah ok your guide is simple and very good but when i get mirana it always depends on the game what build i will make...Most of the times i prefer hand of midas for 1st item 2)treads 3)yasha 4)malestrom then i close s&y and mjolnir and then i make linkens or dmg.i play a funny mirana :)

The_New_Guy
05-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Nice guide, really nice guide but also monkey king bar is suitable for mirana and s&y

Giati re nooba s&y kai oxi manda sthn mirana?

MaChELaS
05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Giati re nooba s&y kai oxi manda sthn mirana?

MANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FSC_antimatter
25-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Nice guide. alla h mirana thelei fantasia. ;)

Dark-King
18-11-2013, 01:26 PM
i mirana opos kai tha hero analoga to game kai tous adipalous kaneis diaforetiko item building..kiria item pisteuo linken sky mkb.

nevena
10-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Very clear and beautifully written! Ty. :D