PDA

View Full Version : Anti-cheat system?

Dynasty
29-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone.
First of all i want to say that im very happy with the client, in-game latency and the way things are, generaly speaking.
The only problem i have with it is that sometimes, more and more often since a couple of weeks ago up to the present, i see people maphacking without a minimum of shame.
When acused of maphacking in-game, they admit to it and spit in our team's face by saying "so what i mh, report me".
The reporting thing, is not a viable solution to taking care of the problem.
Is there any way to implement some sort of anti-cheat system that checks for DLL Injection(in the graphics card driver) 3rd party software and takes the apropriate measures if something gets detected?

Cnacnel
30-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone.
First of all i want to say that im very happy with the client, in-game latency and the way things are, generaly speaking.
The only problem i have with it is that sometimes, more and more often since a couple of weeks ago up to the present, i see people maphacking without a minimum of shame.
When acused of maphacking in-game, they admit to it and spit in our team's face by saying "so what i mh, report me".
The reporting thing, is not a viable solution to taking care of the problem.
Is there any way to implement some sort of anti-cheat system that checks for DLL Injection(in the graphics card driver) 3rd party software and takes the apropriate measures if something gets detected?

It's hard to do, maybe it will be done at some phase. I don't know why you think that reporting doesn't solve the case.

Sir Rogers
30-03-2010, 06:06 PM
We will have a basic cheat detection system. And possibly I'm going to develop it further, by basic I mean that it will take screenshots so that you're able to see when someone is maphacking. The screenshots will be uploaded to the player's account online and if you suspect someone of maphacking, you can go to his profile, look at the game you were in with the guy and look through his screenshots.

Of course I must remind you that there are private hacks out there that will probably be never detected, but this system would take care of most of the mh users.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

safa7
28-07-2010, 09:06 PM
thats an amazing anti hack system but there should be also reports so moderators and admins could ban maphackers and leavers. good thing tht as logically as i can think of nobody could use drophack for ranking reasons which is awesome

x_T_c
28-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Every one who use mh or any chit, are banned life time.

safa7
29-07-2010, 07:17 AM
thats wat im talking about x_T_c :P

Zemunac
29-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Posting ss public isnt solution, and i even think it is forbidden by law, in eu, taking ss of someones computer and uploading it.

S-r-b-i-j-a
11-08-2010, 08:29 PM
The only solution in these case is to request from player in wich you doubt that he using maphack, to send replay of that game, otherwise it will be considered that he did maphack. (On replay he can't hide his "always visible map", also on other players replay, mh can't be detected)

Best Regards

BoozeWooz
20-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Hello let me introduce my self,

I'm a vivid DotA player, played mostly on Garena and b.net until I found out about Ranked Gaming Client. The community here is in my opinion much better than the previous ones concerning teamplay and the overall skill and politeness of the players especially compared to Garena. The system itself is also very well set-up as you don't have to worry about bad hosts anymore.

The only thing I feel lacking is a proper anti-cheat system. I can imagine how much annoyance an obvious cheater might cause but please concider how many of the 'pro' players on RGC are cheating. Where as obvious cheaters are easily recognized (and banned), an increasing number of serious gamers are using cheats to gain an unfair advantage. You can look up on how this has developed in games such as Counterstrike, and conclude only by the amount of anti cheat software that has been developed for this game only - Aequitas, BlackEye, Custodia, SSClient, FinalProf, sXe-AntiCheat, CheatGuard, VAC2, VOIPlay, X-Ray, XPL, ECO only to name a few - how much of a problem cheating is even amongst the more skilled players.

Without an anticheat system, people are left on the judgement of the moderators which are not available all the time and can only handle a finite amount of requests a day. The biggest issue however is the subjective judgement where suspicious players -which are not obviously cheating- might receive different conclusions from different people. One cannot conclude that a player is not cheating, simple because he could be hiding suspicious behavour.

I therefore strongly suggest for the implementation of anti cheat software, which would be capable of making conclusive decisions about weither someone is cheating or not. I, an experienced C and Assembly programmer, could produce such software within 2-3 weeks as I have worked on very simular projects before.

Please PM me and I will provide you detailed information.

Sir Rogers
21-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks a lot for coming forward BoozWooz, you've been contacted :-)

Please keep the ideas coming guys, almost nothing is technically impossible, apart from wc3 specific stuff, like checking what hero is in the fog, suggestions like that are, unfortunately, not realistically do-able. However screenshots are a very viable solution and will be considered.

I'm looking forward to some more ideas and suggestions.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

stalk
27-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned lifetime?
How?
Noone can be banned lifetime.
He will creat a new account.
If you ban ip, he will change/spoof it.
If you ban even MAC, that is not so useful, he can spoof it too.
What lifetimebanning you are about?

Really RGC needs strong anti-cheat software.
Look ICCup anti-hack system. It`s great.

Screenshot system will be very good too.

Cnacnel
27-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Tell me roger, is it possible to make an anti-cheat that looks up the running programs and detects that it's a hack? For example you run cheat that works as ggcheat.exe and it's visible in task manager. Is it possible to have client detect it?

stalk
27-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Tell me roger, is it possible to make an anti-cheat that looks up the running programs and detects that it's a hack? For example you run cheat that works as ggcheat.exe and it's visible in task manager. Is it possible to have client detect it?

I`m not a roger but I can tell you something.
Modern anti-cheat system detects hacks if something is injecting into war3.exe process.
So it`s effective. But private hacks can cheat this. So there are other ways to be against them like Roger`s way of "screenshoting".

NeC.madchen
27-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned lifetime?
How?

Not true, compban command do lifetime ban, even if u cr8 new acc, you wont be able to log in. Changing ip or mac address won't help you. Wanna see?:D

Cnacnel
27-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Posting ss public isnt solution, and i even think it is forbidden by law, in eu, taking ss of someones computer and uploading it.

I dont think it is. Nevertheless, making terms of use in which you agree to it would probably solve the problem.

.R4T0-
28-08-2010, 12:21 AM
ou know the DreamDota correct?

He has a system that detects MH would not be possible to get this system and implement it in the bot, doing so in a command that marks the bot players detected with MH with some color (orange or pink). So when a moderator is looking log of the game so players already identify defendants and watch the replay with the greatest attention to them.

If this is possible will help greatly to detect MH.

Fear.ItseLF)
05-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Solution : stop playing pubs.

Sir Rogers
05-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I found someone that is currently developing an anti-cheat system.

It should detect every single cheat that's used in warcraft. I'm not sure yet when it will be deployed, but when it will be, I will probably give all cheaters a 3 days' notice, and anytime after that cheaters will be auto-banned permanently upon detection.

Do you think that's fair?

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Swain`
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM

It should detect every single cheat that's used in warcraft. I'm not sure yet when it will be deployed, but when it will be, I will probably give all cheaters a 3 days' notice, and anytime after that cheaters will be auto-banned permanently upon detection.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

As far as I know, Blizzard does not write a new saying that they will release a new patch where they will ban cheaters. They do it without telling them to stop cheating. In my opinion, you should ban them for four months.

Fear.ItseLF)
06-09-2010, 12:24 AM
IMO give them no notice. Just ban on sight.

They should get notice for what, lol? It's like telling killer "hey dude, you got 3 days to run then we'll come for you!!! ".

.R4T0-
06-09-2010, 03:12 AM

Regards,
Sir Rogers

Tradução do português para inglês
No need would lend three days ... Just leave a note aquatic forum and a unformação the channel.

channel in Brazil to detect a Map Hack give him a punishment of 1 year of Ban, MH because MH is and always will be until you get a good punishment for that and see that no one else can play where he likes so much.

Question ... ant-cheat by detecting the one MH will ban automatically?

If the answer is yes, could do this with Leavers ... When they leave the game voluntarily undergo a Ban of seven days and if fot DC automatically receive a ban for two days automatically ...

and then what do you think of the idea, it would be possible?

NeC.madchen
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
.R4T0-, yes it is possible.

.R4T0-
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
.R4T0-, yes it is possible.

Oops ...

What good news.

Would have an estimate of when they could put this system in place?

This will help reduce the number of Leavers and increase the level of games.

NeC.madchen
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
We had channel with auto-ban system. Since there is a problem with chaserver, you will have to w8 some time, rogers some important things to do.

AlExAlExAlEx
30-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Banned lifetime?
How?

Look at the DLG sistem, when you open the client it creates an hidden file somehwere in your PC and if you try to create another account the client checks for it and if you already have it it won't work.
Ofc it's kinda hard to make it good, but it's the best method.

Zemunac
01-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned lifetime?
How?

IP/mac bans are child's play, trust me, its possible to ban someone, so he will never be able to log in from that computer.