PDA

View Full Version : Gamemode [Suggestion]

D.W.M.C
16-06-2010, 08:47 PM
I just played a few games at NordicLeague with the mode -rd (Random Draft) and I envy them..
I think -rd is the perfect mode for a public league.. It evolves certain elements of the game, which -ap simply can't!

Pros: Enlarged tactical element, rarely the same heroes, several games a row, better communication through picking face - which improves teamplay, requirement to play different heroes = better understanding of the game as a whole.

Cons: Favorite hero not always available, ??

What do you think?

hans2
16-06-2010, 09:13 PM
problem in rd is that not all heroes are selectable and its some random element

D.W.M.C
16-06-2010, 09:41 PM

I dont see any random element in it, since both teams has the same conditions.. There's no such thing as a "Best hero" , so the first-pick is well balanced with the 2 picks after.

I see the random element in -sd, since each team has different heropools, but in -rd its all square..

thf24
17-06-2010, 12:13 PM

every game has random elements in it, starting with the random amount of noobs in your team. since 50% of the league players are playing -random all the time anyway, a bit of randomness can't be that bad. RD is a great mode, very balanced (since there is the 1-2-2-2-2-1 picking order) and should in my opinion be added as an addition to -ap. People could vote in the lobby for example whether they want to play ap or rd, by typing .rd or smthg.

hans2
17-06-2010, 12:26 PM
any mode where not all heroes are selectable in any way is crap

xl is nice but very buggy

greenlolita
22-06-2010, 09:25 AM
I dont see rd having any advantage over AP. I mean the communication might be a bit better because ppl start chatting when they cant do (pick) right away. But in ap you can also start a discussion of what to pick ^.^ Picking a bad team is in rd not harder than in ap .. tbh you end up with crappy combos in rd more often than ap.

thf24
22-06-2010, 08:01 PM
any mode where not all heroes are selectable in any way is crap

rofl hans. right u cant pick ur bones then. l2p pls

MANODEDIOS
28-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Gotta bump on this one. After cm/cd rd is by far the best mode for playing overall weather that is pubbie or league game. By this you are able to prevent newbies to pick hard dps carry like mort/void only because they think that those heros are strong and to fuck up whole game.

I am fan of few heros myself but I gotta agree that picking one hero over and over sucks.

But I gotta give credit to Hansi for not putting the shitfuckingretarded -so mode in games which is so often nowdays and which is destroying the whole game usually.

So yea Id give my vote to rd :)

da_pwnerer
13-07-2010, 04:57 AM
bump -rd