View Full Version : Loosing too much exp due to a leaver?

Aravis
29-06-2010, 11:18 AM
In my opinion its nearly impossible not to loose with a leaver versus a good team.
And only loosing 12 exp less doesnt change anything. Its not even noticeable.

I would suggest that leaver exp stay in the team.
Means if a leaver looses -150, this is splitted to the 4 remaining.

hans2
29-06-2010, 11:29 AM
1 single loser does change the result like -12/+40
fair deal

Aravis
29-06-2010, 08:11 PM
You mean the team with the leaver looses 40 exp less?

D.W.M.C
30-06-2010, 12:34 PM
You mean the team with the leaver looses 40 exp less?

-12/+40 :
If losing you lose 12 points less (88 total) / if winning you gain 40 points extra (140 total)

Aravis
30-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Lol that isnt a good deal at all.
Let the exp in the team: Leaver= about -150, all other 4 about nearly +40

That would make the exp system with leavers closed.

Hades)
29-08-2010, 11:37 PM
In some way I would agree here, in safe games it is not impossible to win 4v5 but in league your chance to win with a leaver is close to zero. Maybe the System should diffenciate between league and safegames, un league the exp should be split as mentioned above and it should be just a higher leaver penalty even if its just raised to 60...

bobo)ftw
30-08-2010, 01:03 AM
I think that if u have in team good aoa spell heroes it isnt impossible even in league...and it can be also abused, because u cant know when player leaves. It is good now! So pls dont change it :) thx

Knight925
30-08-2010, 01:53 AM
there is still a leaver in about every 2. game
this will only change through some noticable penalty which doesnt exist jet
-50 is just nothing
its so few that it sometimes makes sense to leave to loose less xp!
and thats bullshit!

as mentioned in annother thread pls make leaving be ALWAYS a bad thing (:
and something that actually is worth avoiding!

Shakrina
08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
you can easy win a 4v5 if u got hero like ES and tide, specialy with money balance. For sure if the leaver was the only one disabler u will lose. Pimp ure pick ^^

bad-reputation
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
hello i m new in town, i read ur topic and i want tell one or two thing:
-i play 4 game, 3 with leaver was loosing,
and YES this is important, when 4v5, it s allready over or u never play , because 2 attack tower up 2 attack tower mid and 1 attack tower down and for defence???2up, 2 mid an read carefully 0 DOWN,
even the balance is good u can t defence in middle of the game with 1 player against 2 or u figth against noob so i think is unfair.
Even u get es or tide it s over in middle of game like 25 or 30 minutes all hp hero near to 1500 or more for melee, even u get tide, tide against bane with a mele teamate tide die, lot of exemple like this u can pimp ur team, 4v5 over when u play against good player,. yes i win4v5 but the scourge was noob.playing with good player and one mistake, u die!!, plus in this part of the game play by 2 is a mistake, play team 4v5 one hero always alone and finish the job.
Ho if u are better than me i m 56 lvl in garena with no pay rank!!!

I THINK LIKE GARENA, ONE YEAR BAN FOR LEAVER.

penis
10-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Ho if u are better than me i m 56 lvl in garena with no pay rank!!!

I think players gain exp for other games(funmaps of wc3, Left for Dead and so on) too. So who cares about this lvl.

bad-reputation
10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I think players gain exp for other games(funmaps of wc3, Left for Dead and so on) too. So who cares about this lvl.

i play only dota, see my profil on garena !!! all play on dota game.Plus u can t join and play elite dota room game(leaver ban 1 year) until 80000 point gain in dota playing, 5 point by kill.
sry man

penis
10-09-2010, 08:24 PM
you take it definetly too serious. :o

Stay[N]Play
10-09-2010, 08:51 PM
i think its preety balanced the way it is now...

GTH_Matrix
10-09-2010, 09:53 PM
@bad-reputation

elite room?... pc crash or internet provider and banned for 1 year!
AWSOME!

and account lvl tells nothing about dota skill.

bad-reputation
10-09-2010, 11:13 PM
@bad-reputation

elite room?... pc crash or internet provider and banned for 1 year!
AWSOME!

and account lvl tells nothing about dota skill.
Man, if u r not skilled, the player from this room don t play with u, second if u got crasch or dc u have a forum for post unban request for this reason with proof.and just for laughing, for get in the elite room u can t play alone u accept to play only with ur team!!
when u don t know dont speak!!!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

you take it definetly too serious. :o
it s not about serious thing, just if i want play game without leaver and if no regulation on this problem what can i do?Do nothing doesn t change mind, do u happywhen u got leaver?

Shakrina
11-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Omfg man stop cry.
Yeah sometimes u will lose cause a leaver, and sometimes u will lose cause he wont leaves xD.
Anyway shit appens, and if u play play good u will allways get more xp when u win than when u lose. Exept if u suck.
For me nothing worth DIV, all other leagues are for poor kids with skills only in crys. It's what i love in DIV, perfect xp system and free to all.
Return in garena its end of school they all wait for u !

GTH_Matrix
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
XP system is just fine.

When you got leaver and you didn't fail when game is lost because of him you'll lose not much exp or even you will gain some. (I earn 50 and 90 exp in my last (lost) games with 1 leaver in my team.)

so... there is nothing to change.

@bad-reputation
I'm looking foward to face you in game.

Pthirus_pubis
11-09-2010, 04:03 PM
in the first place its not like there is a rule that only people in ur team can leave, ur opponents can as well, so even if there wouldnt be any exp bonus, if u reach a certain number of games its bound to be even, as u win games cause of leavers as well, and the leavers can end up in both teams. If u think that there are only leavers in ur team, its ur imagination, its the same as when 90% of all people think they are over average skilled car drivers .. wich kinda doesnt work. And maybe u shouldnt waste so much time in ur elite room and learn to express yourself properly, u sound like some hip-hop kid ...

Storm_of_skills
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I;d say don't change exp rules but the punishment fo the leaver.... if he keeps on leaving a permit ban.

hans2
11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
decent league player dont plugg for fun so pluggin is no real issue in div

bad-reputation
12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Omfg man stop cry.
Yeah sometimes u will lose cause a leaver, and sometimes u will lose cause he wont leaves xD.
Anyway shit appens, and if u play play good u will allways get more xp when u win than when u lose. Exept if u suck.
For me nothing worth DIV, all other leagues are for poor kids with skills only in crys. It's what i love in DIV, perfect xp system and free to all.
Return in garena its end of school they all wait for u !
Dam, never read stupid idea like yours!!!!man if u want play with real player, come bring it on!!!when u want, where u want!! but plz just stop u happy to get more expreience with more leaver because they doesn t good to kick u 4v5!!

Plz play real, girl or man, play real and wehn u understand what is playing dota against real player not talker like u, who just play against brunch of noob, that
your experience!!!
NIA NIA NIA I GOT EXPERIENCE BECAUSE A LEAVER ,I M GOOD PLAYER BECAUSE I WIN ALONE AGAINST 5 NOOB, REALLY PATHETIC! NIA NIA NIA U ARE A KID, PLZ SO PLZ, ALL U HAVE NOOBI?
Really when u want ,u play with 3 teamate i play with 4, stop talking and come show me noobi!!!.
when u want where u want!

plz stop talking, play against real player then talk don t be proud to play against 5 noob.
YOUR DIVISION IS FOR PLAYER WHO BE STAND UNTILTHERE IS A LEAVER AND GET MORE EXPERINCE, PATETHIC PLAYER!!!
AND MORE U AGREE TO GET EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS, NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!:p

so long.:D

SIark.
12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Dam, never read stupid idea like yours!!!!man if u want play with real player, come bring it on!!!when u want, where u want!! but plz just stop u happy to get more expreience with more leaver because they doesn t good to kick u 4v5!!

Plz play real, girl or man, play real and wehn u understand what is playing dota against real player not talker like u, who just play against brunch of noob, that
your experience!!!
NIA NIA NIA I GOT EXPERIENCE BECAUSE A LEAVER ,I M GOOD PLAYER BECAUSE I WIN ALONE AGAINST 5 NOOB, REALLY PATHETIC! NIA NIA NIA U ARE A KID, PLZ SO PLZ, ALL U HAVE NOOBI?
Really when u want ,u play with 3 teamate i play with 4, stop talking and come show me noobi!!!.

plz stop talking, play against real player then talk don t be proud to play against 5 noob.
YOUR DIVISION IS FOR PLAYER WHO BE STAND UNTILTHERE IS A LEAVER AND GET MORE EXPERINCE, PATETHIC PLAYER!!!

i cant see any point in your post besides the flames vs shakrina.

y it is annoying but u CANT change that someone left.
so if someone left in your team, you have mostly advantages in 1vs1 situations due to the gold.
try to make use of this and "rescue some exp" even the enemy team has overall-advantage.

and mostly someone leaves because the team is retard/he fed/someone else fed so it doesnt seem like u have a high chance to win that game. and u even get exp for the leaver, what u want more?

bans doesnt change anything and will just leed to a low activity league and more exp will be abused with kicks....

bad-reputation
12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
i cant see any point in your post besides the flames vs shakrina.

y it is annoying but u CANT change that someone left.
so if someone left in your team, you have mostly advantages in 1vs1 situations due to the gold.
try to make use of this and "rescue some exp" even the enemy team has overall-advantage.

and mostly someone leaves because the team is retard/he fed/someone else fed so it doesnt seem like u have a high chance to win that game. and u even get exp for the leaver, what u want more?

bans doesnt change anything and will just leed to a low activity league and more exp will be abused with kicks....
Sir SiarK,
i'm glad to talk with a person like you, you smart, i understand your point, but, i think a ban for leaver change the things , i don t talk about disconect or crasch pc, but some player leave when first kill , feeder or something like that.
You said"bans doesnt change anything and will just leed to a low activity league and more exp will be abused with kicks...." i disagree with you, lot of player can be banned and don t anoying anymore dota game and that work!!!, my experience in garena(sry for this!!) proof my words,no more leaver , more good player!!!when you can t go in good room like "dota room elite1.2.3.4.5" you play against player leaver and in other room you get no experience or less experience for playing with leaver . i think this point was logic. but i just want say the last but important point, it's the "garena" and the moderator who in charge of banning, here it's player, do you see the difference?just let me explain:

-player here:"yea again a leaver more experience!!!"
-garena player:"f*** **** leaver, no experience, dam i report this f*** *** **** never come again!go play battle.net(just a joke)":D

See you the difference?

plus you don t have less player

and if you bot disconnect or pc crasch or kick sytem, you just have to send screenshoot, or replay for kick system, and moderator ban or unban..

I just think gain experience with one feeder or one leaver don t make u a good player, no offence you, but if you are like i think you will be agree, .

You be agree with me , play for win or loose it s not really important but playing with player who stay, it s a goooooooooooooood time no?!!

SIark.
12-09-2010, 10:13 PM
i dont know this garena-stuff so cant say anything about it

now in div league u can play the whole night long and games always fill without waiting too long.

my experiences in div are many leaves in safelow, a few in safehigh (about 1 leave every 4th or 5th game) and till now no one ever left a league-game (dont have that many games yet, but dont think that this will change dramatically).
so these values are pretty acceptable, except in safelow. but u wont stay that long in safelow anyway, a few games and ure out of there.
the exp-gain due to a leaver isnt really high compared to the dramatically decreased chance to win the game - that means u MAYBE get a few positive exp but MOSTLY u get negative exp because of this leaver - so no, im not glad when someone leaves. plus those leavers get a high exp-dmg which leads them to play in safe-games.

if i had a disc, i wouldnt ask for unban and wait days for playing again - and im sure im not the only one. furthermore its not hard to get a disc when u want to leave.

Pthirus_pubis
12-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Sir SiarK,
i'm glad to talk with a person like you, you smart, i understand your point, but, i think a ban for leaver change the things , i don t talk about disconect or crasch pc, but some player leave when first kill , feeder or something like that.
You said"bans doesnt change anything and will just leed to a low activity league and more exp will be abused with kicks...." i disagree with you, lot of player can be banned and don t anoying anymore dota game and that work!!!, my experience in garena(sry for this!!) proof my words,no more leaver , more good player!!!when you can t go in good room like "dota room elite1.2.3.4.5" you play against player leaver and in other room you get no experience or less experience for playing with leaver . i think this point was logic. but i just want say the last but important point, it's the "garena" and the moderator who in charge of banning, here it's player, do you see the difference?just let me explain:

-player here:"yea again a leaver more experience!!!"
-garena player:"f*** **** leaver, no experience, dam i report this f*** *** **** never come again!go play battle.net(just a joke)":D

See you the difference?

plus you don t have less player

and if you bot disconnect or pc crasch or kick sytem, you just have to send screenshoot, or replay for kick system, and moderator ban or unban..

I just think gain experience with one feeder or one leaver don t make u a good player, no offence you, but if you are like i think you will be agree, .

You be agree with me , play for win or loose it s not really important but playing with player who stay, it s a goooooooooooooood time no?!!

just a little question, how many div games did u actually play and on what lvl (low high league)

this isnt meant to be offending in any way, ur experiences just differs quite a bit from my own, most players i know dont want anyone in team to leave, as it fucks the chance to win up quite a bit, in safelow however there isnt any team organisations in the first place and everyone plays on his own, so there i´d be happy as well, since u can own safelow solo enough to gain quite some exp in few games

bad-reputation
12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
I just say it s really anoying to let leaver like this, and you are good player and u know if uyou play for your ouwn or not when u play against good player 4v5 is always i said always loose, no dreamer, no hope, just loose even u get big stuff or big ES or Tide or SK ,.you just can t win like this even balance money or skilled player.you two know tjhat perfectely, and my point is:
if u don t do nothing against leaver how can u be sure to no see him in high level?encourage leaving that just want to tell.
no blame,no pain, no glory.
i don t want tell that better or not i let u see what unban and ban like,
and unban take 30 minutes or less.

SIark.
12-09-2010, 11:28 PM
if u don t do nothing against leaver how can u be sure to no see him in high level?

well, there are no permaleavers in highlevels, otherwise they will reduced to safelow, thats all O.o

and like i already said, in league arent that many leavers. and bans wont reduce just the amount of leaver, it will also reduce the amount of games which balances itself^^ so ban = fucking nosense,

if i get ever banned i would immediately quit div and start to play more basketball :D

Shakrina
13-09-2010, 09:20 AM

your experience!!!

Lol at this comment xD.

Never said i was happy when i got a leaver. But one thing is sure when i got a leaver i think " fuck game will be hard now, but we still can win" and you certainly " fuck am low, for sure we will lose " xD

hans2
13-09-2010, 10:17 AM
when u think about scoring and issues like "lose to much exp" try think of this

winchance * winexp - losechance * loseexp = 0

thats the base of all balancing
as you see when loseexp is always 0 (due to leaver) the balancing will break

SIark.
13-09-2010, 11:35 AM
just won a 3v5. its not like in arranged teams where any missing player is a lose

bad-reputation
13-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Lol at this comment xD.

Never said i was happy when i got a leaver. But one thing is sure when i got a leaver i think " fuck game will be hard now, but we still can win" and you certainly " fuck am low, for sure we will lose " xD
So kiddy,
WHEN? WHERE?
My proposition steal here, afraid ?
i post the replay anyway just for laugh.
see you, when uyou got balls!!!

Shakrina
13-09-2010, 04:42 PM
So kiddy,
WHEN? WHERE?
My proposition steal here, afraid ?
i post the replay anyway just for laugh.
see you, when uyou got balls!!!

Huhu.

bad-reputation
13-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Huhu.
So, when?
Where?
Dam,you are only good at talk???
blablabla bla blabla blablabla.........bla bla??
Je vais te faire monter ta moutarde mon jolie!!!Viens coco stop la parlotte et ramene toi qu'on cause!!!

Kiss kiss love kiss love love kiss kiss
mouahhahhahahah que de la tronche tu as!!

Pthirus_pubis
13-09-2010, 10:06 PM
So, when?
Where?
Dam,you are only good at talk???
blablabla bla blabla blablabla.........bla bla??
Je vais te faire monter ta moutarde mon jolie!!!Viens coco stop la parlotte et ramene toi qu'on cause!!!

Kiss kiss love kiss love love kiss kiss
mouahhahhahahah que de la tronche tu as!!

why am i somehow not suprised that all these guys turn out to be french ....

Shakrina
14-09-2010, 08:45 AM
If this guys is truely french he got over 70yo for use old words or he just mongoloid xD.
Seriously what i care to play vs this angry kid, who use net translator for taunt me, he must reached league by lucky games in playalltards, am sure is allerady playing safelow now ^^

bad-reputation
14-09-2010, 12:47 PM
If this guys is truely french he got over 70yo for use old words or he just mongoloid xD.
Seriously what i care to play vs this angry kid, who use net translator for taunt me, he must reached league by lucky games in playalltards, am sure is allerady playing safelow now ^^
Again blabla, i don't want flame you anymore that cost too many for a erson like you.
t'es un gros tocard retourne jouer dans ton bac a sable petit t'es pas de taille.Alors soit tu viens jouer pour voir si ta une aussi grande gueule soit tu la ferme ça me fera des vacances. (ça te plait mieux mon pti bout'choux quand j'te flame comme ça??je suis sur que t'aime en plus!!!

joe312
21-09-2010, 10:56 PM
It should not count as a loss if you have a leaver on your team, especially not 2 leavers. This is because losing is almost inevitable.

Shakrina
22-09-2010, 10:00 AM
It should not count as a loss if you have a leaver on your team, especially not 2 leavers. This is because losing is almost inevitable.

Stupid idea, specialy with .kick ^^

Pthirus_pubis
22-09-2010, 03:28 PM
some people in this thread still dont seem to get, that even if the team with the leaver gets an autoloss with a penatly of -5000 exp to stomp their unlucky asses even more it wouldnt matter shit, the probability of team A having a leaver is just as high as team B having one, so lets say ur team is always team A u would loose as many games cause of leavers as u win and it wouldnt effect ur exp. if u only ever played 3 games ofc its easily possible that u get leavers all 3 games, but i dont think that the average number of games of the most (not safelow) players is way above that.

the only bad thing about leavers is that they take the fun out of the game and waste time, thats why they should get a higher punishment, but that could be many things aside from exp based penaltys

Hades)
28-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Well, believe it or not, i had a leaver in my team SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW (League, at kinda midday) so I lost about 300 exp in those games.
BUT
Afterwards, my -7 streak turned out to end as one of the other team fed like hell, and I got +350 exp for this game.
So 7 Games, whereas I had a massive potion of unluck, faded away by one single game, which was really nice.

Fair deal?
Ofc.

aku-soku-zan
27-10-2010, 02:35 AM
i agree u loose far to much xp there last 4 games i had a good score was like 15 - 4 my team lost because in all games had feeders who fed people like troll warlord or other imba heroes to many kills then to finish the game with a decent score and to go from 500 xp in 4 games to 0.

and i had decent scores in 3 out of 4 of them i think one of them i was 5 - 5.

the xp system just doesent work in my eyes.

SIark.
27-10-2010, 11:00 AM
? hades isnt actually agreeing with the point that ur losing too much exp due to suckers

he lost 300 exp in 7 games: about -40 exp per game

and he gained more in just one single game: 350

so even if have permasuckers in ur team, u can prevent losing much exp (except there is a tiny tossing u to death lol)

u lost 500 exp in 4 games: -125 exp per game

i dont know what hades did better than u, but u can see that even with his imba malus-streak he lost less exp than u = his skill is imba ^^

aku-soku-zan
27-10-2010, 05:55 PM
ok the xp is alright when ure winning lol im back up to 475 from winning 2 games.

geuss its only bad when u get bad teams a few games in a row.

Knight925
27-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Have a funny idea ^^
Lets say there is a average of 1 leaver in every game (sometimes more sometimes less)
And in each game there are 35 mvp-exp given that mess up the closed system
take those from leavers ^^
just -35 more from each leaver ^^

if u want it really closed u can keep track of the leavers and divide it down and put it into mvp-awards ^^

anyway:
Its really not that important where those exp points go. even if they would be lost forever:
who cares? without leavers div-league but be double as nice!
and heavy penalty prevents them from leaving.

Knight925 has spoken ^^

Hades)
30-10-2010, 03:46 PM
by Siark.: "his skill is imba ^^"

:) Ty

by Knight925:
"and heavy penalty prevents them from leaving."
True, but do you care for getting -85 exp (35+50) + ur usual score, lets say -200 at all, when you are having 20k exp ? No, you fairly dont.

But:
This could be extremly effective in lower exp games, like (mostly) playall, safelow and safehigh.