PDA

View Full Version : Captain chose system

shock_
08-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Hello all
In this topic I want to talk about “captain chosen by bot”
Often in startgames we are facing the problem “who will be captain?” But now , after Prince’s new system , bot choose who will be. Seems problem is gone. But No.
The bot choose captain by stats(or maybe statsdota , I don’t know exactly) , but who know , maybe the chosen guy been carried or something that result in good stats.
As I see for now many players whining about that in chanel with words “its just bot chose , he don’t know shit” , “wud be better if cap XX-XX” etc.
We are not that many peoples in iHL and everyday we see the same faces in channel / games.
We all know who can do better captain position , so maybe we reborn vote system again??
I know there is many wannabies who thinking they are better captains , but when team choose their captain , in my opinion they playing better and listening to him.
Im really tired of whiners who FF’ing after one pick. Its resulting on their bad play , and not listening = game ruining.
Lets discuss about that

nejnej
08-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Never been a fan of this "dotaskill" system that prince invented. Maybe it would be nice to remove it or maybe change the bot so assist wont be more valuble than kills etc. And deaths should count in aswell. Kill: +1 Death: -0,5 Assist: +0.3
Something like that..

Smulgullig
08-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Never been a fan of this "dotaskill" system that prince invented. Maybe it would be nice to remove it or maybe change the bot so assist wont be more valuble than kills etc. And deaths should count in aswell. Kill: +1 Death: -0,5 Assist: +0.3
Something like that..

This sounds like good idea!

NoCt.Illiquar
09-07-2010, 12:26 AM
ok im in.

this system sounds really bad to me, because, as everyone one of us may know, and as ESWC + chinese EHOME players showed us last week, the hardest heroes to play are the supports one. And im not sure that a lion/doc/cm will get lots of kills ( imo lots of deathes ).

that was my first point.

after, I totally agree with shock, we all know each others, and we should chose captains like this.
and, moreover, there are some players that whines a lot, even if they suck, (Hi imbastyle, hi Csok), right after picks, they begin to whine and they totally screw the game + they ragepick the main carry or the solo mid shit to feed with it.

I think we should put a rule : captains choses the heroes for his players.
And captains lead ingame + say lanes, chick, and wards.
And if one disagrees with this, than, just wait sg rd.

shock_
09-07-2010, 12:33 AM
+1 Illiquar u got what i meant , cuz nejnej talked about other thing ^^

Ruggy-
09-07-2010, 01:29 AM

Captains role is to lead in game, he is suppose to say who plays what, who buys the wards, who buys the chick. The problem is that people just pick, there needs to be a minute or 2 minute pause after the picks where all su while captain names who plays what hero. Who buys what and who lanes with who. Nobody else should be talking unless the ''captain'' directs a question toward them! Thats what i think may work better

shock_
09-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Agree with Ruggy- , because right after picks we see mass chat-spam and often happens team buys 2 chicks or no wards , or pick the heroes they shouldnt play
Shut up ftw!

Force
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
ok im in.

this system sounds really bad to me, because, as everyone one of us may know, and as ESWC + chinese EHOME players showed us last week, the hardest heroes to play are the supports one. And im not sure that a lion/doc/cm will get lots of kills ( imo lots of deathes ).

that was my first point.

after, I totally agree with shock, we all know each others, and we should chose captains like this.
and, moreover, there are some players that whines a lot, even if they suck, (Hi imbastyle, hi Csok), right after picks, they begin to whine and they totally screw the game + they ragepick the main carry or the solo mid shit to feed with it.

There is a reason Assists give more than both a kill and more than you lose for a death, that is simply cause of it's harder to play support in contrary to being a hardcarry which claims every single kill and gets very fat and hard to kill.

As for the captain choosing heroes for the players, well, if the captain wants to, sure he can dedicate a hero for whoever he wants, if two are arguing over a hero, he should decide who of them plays it, but telling everyone who should play what hero might be abused in startgames. Giving the players you don't like something bad for them, something the player isn't used to play and at least does not want to play at all, that would of course annoy the player and make him flame and he won't play with the normal lust of victory.