PDA

View Full Version : Fear: "MYM showed us our weakeness: trilanes"

DrakaZ
17-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Nirvana conducted an interview with two of their key players from the Nirvana.Int team; Clinton 'Fear' Loomis and Jimmy 'DeMoN' Ho. Both players share their thoughts about the ESWC, the team itself and admit there will be roster changes in the future, and more ...

Here is the long and interesting interview made by DemoniC:

I am lucky to have Nirvana.GiGa.Fear & Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN next to me! I doubt the big introduction is needed, but would you please say a bit about yourself, your favourite hero and why?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Hey, I'm Clinton "Fear" Loomis and I'm 22 years old. My favorite hero is Clinkz because I have a history with that hero and nobody else really plays him besides me so it's kind of fun to have a unique hero. Too bad he is banned this version
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: Hi, I'm Jimmy "DeMoN" Ho & I'm 20 years old. My favorite hero is Shadow Fiend because he's dark & shady just how I like them! *jk*

There are rumours going around, that there will soon be roster changes in Nirvana.Int, can you confirm/deny anything?
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: clintonian got this!
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear:Well, as everyone already knows Puppey recently attended ESWC with us and we've been playing with him in several matches but as far as confirming any real roster changes, no I can't. But maybe in the near future we'll have some more insight on the situation for the general public. There will be some changes in the Nirvana.GiGa.Int roster in the near future and that's all I can really say for now.

Nirvana.INT just came home, finishing 4th at the ESWC, how did you feel about that tournament? Did you scrim against teams like EHOME while you were in Paris?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Seeing that it's nearly impossible to scrim with Chinese team in Paris, no we did not. EHOME if I remember correctly, they came to Paris really late, like the night before the event started so we had no chance to really practice with them or any other asian team. However, we did get to practice a lot vs. OK and a few games with LOST/DTS/TEG.The tournament was nice. Everything was done in a timely manner and very professional manner, while keeping the competitiveness needed to make this tournament a true test of skill. I'm not exactly really happy with our results but we didn't do bad with the amount of practice and being forced to use an American we only played with for less than a week. MYM showed us our weakeness: trilanes. They tore us apart for not practicing it enough but like I said we only had so much time to practice before the event.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: While we were bootcamping the team we really trained against the most was OK. I'd say we played over 25+ games(probably a lot more). As well as LOST, TEG, & DTS. We didn't get a chance to scrim EHOME because they arrived 8 hours before the event would start, and it wasn't possible if you were already in Disneyland. I feel 4th place was acceptable, but we could have done a lot better.

Do any of you believe that Nirvana.GiGa.Int can beat Nirvana.GiGa.Cn/LGD.SGTY/EHOME? Or would you need to replace a player, if so; which and who would you take in instead?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: It's hard to say... Right now it's not so much of getting a better player to beat the Chinese teams, it's more of an issue revolving around strats and working on teamplay. We could put the 5 best players in Europe on the same team but if they don't practice their movement and strats they will get destroyed by any of the above teams in less than 25mins.
I then asked: Would the current Nirvana.GiGa.Int lineup stand a chance? In our current form? Unfortunately not.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: I concur!

The RGC is currently running, and 13abyKnight just stated that LOST will be the winners, what are your thoughts on this?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: I don't really care. I don't feel that LOST is that much stronger than before with 13abyKnight. I think they are about the same skill level but hopefully they will get along with eachother better now.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: Not much, just cool story bro

With LOST now running with 3 teams (.eu, .ru and .jo) which team do you think will be the strongest? Have you scrimmed against any of them? And if so, can you reveal which 5th player that LOST.eu has been using?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: I have no idea if lost.ru or lost.eu is better but I guess it's safe to say lost.jo appears to be the weakest. And no we haven't played any lost teams since their return.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: Lost.eu will always be the strongest imo. We haven't played with any of the teams yet, but I have some of my own speculations of who the possibilities are but would rather keep it unknown. We will let Lost.eu announce their roster =)

In this current DotA version, the "asian" playstyle seems to have the upper hand, do you think the "reliable vs. unreiable" gold will change that in 6.68?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Not a clue. I read about it once but I didn't put much thought into it yet because I'm focusing all my efforts into the current version.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: I have not yet to read any of that, normally I wait for the new version to test it out myself rather than reading a bunch of text. But I heard it's a good implement, let's all hope so!

You mentioned earlier that Clinkz is an autoban this version, how do you feel about IceFrog autobanning the new heroes/remade heroes? And which impact do you think it would have on the ban/pick phase, if those heroes weren't autobanned?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: I have mixed feelings for it. I think it's a good idea, but at the same time autobanning heroes seems a little redundant and changes the game a lot. But I guess that's the whole point of adapting from version-to-version. Whatever team can do it the most effectively will stay a top team for a longer period of time. So all in all, it's just disappointing when one of your fav heroes gets remade and stuck in the auto-ban pile

Rumours are saying that loveen's world cup will be held mid-late August, can any of you share some light on this topic?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: I'll let Loveen announce details on the world cup.

Nirvana seems to have a lot of fans, do you ever feel this pressure in or outside the games?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Only downfall about having a larger fan-base is that people know how you play so it's hard to surprise other top teams like how EHOME stated how they didn't know how TeG played so they played the game at a much slower pace which was an advantage for TeG.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: I enjoy the fanbase we currently have. The more the merrier ! I'm never pressured by the fans even when their right behind me, I feel more support than being pressured. So thank you fans for that =)

We've seen Dark Seer used very much during the ESWC, and succeed, just like Lord of Avernus, why do you think people aren't picking these heroes now?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Avernus doesn't get much use, but if you watch Chinese replays this hero is used all of the time and banned a lot too, so I don't know if that's an accurate statistic.

Which plans do you have for future LANs? If ADL will be hosted this year aswell, would you attend?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Right now the only lan events we're really focused on is the world cup, SMM and possibly the DTS cup. But who knows maybe that could be an option for us too.

Having both russian and american players in your team, doesn't that make practicing rather hard, compared to a full american lineup? Those two countries have completely different time zones
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: Everything is fine, it's all about dedication. Talking is not a factor, because everyone has perfect english.

Goodluck in the future, and big thank you for the time! Any final shoutout?
Nirvana.GiGa.Fear: Shoutout to Nirvana, GiGa and Sayuri.
Nirvana.GiGa.DeMoN: Shoutout to Nirvana&GiGa, KuroKy, LuckyWanderBoy, Slurmz, Mikey, Juice, Jeff, Merlini, & Monster!

Source: Nirvana (http://nirvanasports.net/news/demon-fear-interviewed)