PDA

View Full Version : Autostart

cyberdepp
23-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Especially in the morning hours there is always some afk gamemaster that blocks the bots. Some of you seem to think this is not a problem, but when you play before noon this happens in at least 2 out of 3 games. So yes, it sucks.

So I suggest to either
- make the bots autostart when the game is full. Could be like this: game starts after 30 seconds unless the gm issues a command. I. e. if the gm issues a command every 30 sec. he can prolong the start for whatever reason (waiting for a mate or whatever). If he's just afk, game will start anyway.
or
- create a voting system, i. e. everyone can say .start (or .ready or whatever) and once that is through the game starts (this cannot be a unanimous vote obviously, so make it 2 third or all but one or sth.).
or
- make the second in rank gm if the first one is afk, i.e. hasn't entered a command in say 30 seconds.
or
- simply start the game automatically when it's full. I have never seen any gm improve anything anyway, IMO there's simply no need for a gm.

D.W.M.C
23-07-2010, 11:06 AM
better yet: a votekick in lobby..

Pthirus_pubis
24-07-2010, 01:05 AM
if the gm is afk he will be after the game has started too and get kicked, so a kick in lobby is the best option in my eyes

cyberdepp
24-07-2010, 12:47 PM
if the gm is afk he will be after the game has started too and get kicked, so a kick in lobby is the best option in my eyes

Not necessarily true... an afk from start in the game happens in less then one out of 10 games (talking pubs), but an afk gm happens in 3 out of 4 games. IMO they do it because they know they can. This cannot be chance, it is purpose. So even if they fly out of one or two games when it starts (which I don't think will happen at all, cause I guess they're watching all the time), they will learn eventually.

Knallgas
24-07-2010, 01:18 PM
A votekick in lobby wouldnt be a success IMO, because there are always Player who doesnt speak proper english or the kickmessage gets covered by players- and botspam.

christopher
24-07-2010, 01:29 PM
if every1 vote and 1 player dont vote , then 9 players w8ing for 1 vote ? or u kick the afker ? if u kick the afker again 10 players must vote .... i think the game never start before 10 mins .... my opinion !autostart off ask all players for rdy and !start

or better autostart always, if u want to play a game dont go afk

Pthirus_pubis
25-07-2010, 03:19 PM
first of all at no time i had that much afk gm´s, and from the start i didnt tought that 9 players for the kick vote should be necessary, 7 is more than enough, i dont see many problems with it, 7 random players in lobby kicking a random poor helpless gm? i dont think so

Luckyman-
31-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Agree, just make autostart , bc always 1 tard who is gm sleeps.

Aravis
31-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Against autostart, I like to wait for upgrades.
especially in playall.

Wandang
31-07-2010, 03:58 PM
@aravis: what do you mean?

i think autostart is a great necessary feature. i had this issue few days ago. 4 bots were open and all had some afk gm... it was annoying as hell.

i think an autostartquestion which needs 9/10 !yes wouldnt be good if someone wants to play with a mate...
but if the autostartquestion comes automaticly after 30 seconds it would just be great.

a votekick in lobby is a must have too. not only for afkgms but for ppl who are personally banned with a reason. if i know that deathkiller3k is just a feeder and stuff i would like to have the opportunity to kick him....

D.W.M.C
31-07-2010, 05:38 PM
@aravis: what do you mean?

i think autostart is a great necessary feature. i had this issue few days ago. 4 bots were open and all had some afk gm... it was annoying as hell.

i think an autostartquestion which needs 9/10 !yes wouldnt be good if someone wants to play with a mate...
but if the autostartquestion comes automaticly after 30 seconds it would just be great.

a votekick in lobby is a must have too. not only for afkgms but for ppl who are personally banned with a reason. if i know that deathkiller3k is just a feeder and stuff i would like to have the opportunity to kick him....

Again.. Votekick-command ftw.. Autostart will hurt more than help.. If GM's afk and the game starts, he'll be afk in-game too.. The game is made ussually a rmk and noone got the better out of it..

Wandang
31-07-2010, 08:30 PM
i dont get ur post.
it sounds like it would be possible to prekick in lobby.
i mean normal votekick doesnt help at all cuz its a time waste to even start a game with an afkler

D.W.M.C
31-07-2010, 08:54 PM
i want a .votekick in the gamelobby before the game starts.. and yes, that is possible