PDA

View Full Version : About -cm

D.W.M.C
30-07-2010, 10:20 PM
The mode -cm is failing bigtime in public league.. Teams depend on the captain too much, people leave if they don't get the hero they want and the pick-phase takes FOREVER if people just leave before firstblood anyway..

I tell you, make the mode -RD and you will have a fair, fun and skill-developing league.

I don't really care what mode it is.. -ap, -rd, -sd, -ar or w/e.. Just get rid of the -cm.. it doesn't work.. and I can't even imagine what its like in safelow games :o

hans2
30-07-2010, 10:26 PM
well cm is free
u can play ap as well

D.W.M.C
31-07-2010, 01:22 AM
I know.. Im just saying.. -cm is crap in a public league like this.. to me, 80% of the -cm games end in a "disc before fb".. Much better just to use these games on something else.. Such as -RD which would do, basically the same as -CM, but more "public friendly" (less timeconsuming, not 1 guy to make every decision etc.) the only flaw about -RD is the fact that you can't pick your favorite hero, each game.. To me, that is not a flaw, actually more a benefit..

People will learn how to play different heroes, its even possible to play the same role as youre used to, as you'll always have the possibility, to pick a carry/support/tank..

-SD and -AR isn't good, because of the heroselection is done inside each team, while in -RD, both teams has the same choises.

Wandang
31-07-2010, 03:59 PM
DWMC: signed!

Pthirus_pubis
31-07-2010, 05:58 PM
i too think ar would be crap as it would fuck up every oiece of strat, but i actually like sd, as every team gets 5 ints (many supporters) 5 str (many tanks) and 5 agi (mostly carrys) u still can build a good enough team and u can switch, u can choose out of 15 heros per team wich isnt so bad. I dont like that in div, the high exp players (as they are blue and pink) can choose first in rd, giving the better players a advantage over the others... , i think this will increase the gap between players with over 10-20k and the rest wich kinda sucks for good balance. It probably woudnt be that big a problem tough as the effect probably wouldnt be that great. I think it would be great to simply test the modes and see if they work or not (ofc only the ones that are thinkable -cm is tested and failed in my eyes -rd could be tested and in my eyes -sd as well even if im pretty alone with that probably ...)

edit: and i dont think that the selection in team in sd is that much of a problem wich 15 heros each, there should be enough imbaness to choose, and the ones that want to pick their fav hero every game can still stick to ap so that shouldnt be a problem as well

D.W.M.C
31-07-2010, 06:38 PM
-SD is too random because each side gets different heroes..

e.g.
Sentinel:
Pit Lord - Lycan - Omni - Huskar - Barathrum
Magina - Sniper - Clinkz - Geomancer - Morphling
Techies - Tinker - Visage - Akasha - Zeus
VS.
Scourge:
Naix - Shaker - Tiny - Davion - Crixalis
Traxex - NA - Venomancer - POTM - Medusa
Lion - KOTL - Witch Doc - Krobelus - Rhasta

I know this is a worst/best case scenario, but it could happen..

My vote goes to -RD
as an alternative I'm alright with -AP

methuizenerbij
31-07-2010, 06:46 PM
For Safelow, it may be too optimistic, but for safehigh or league, things should be fine imo

Wandang
31-07-2010, 08:40 PM
-SD is too random because each side gets different heroes..

e.g.
I know this is a worst/best case scenario, but it could happen..

1. dota isnt just a combogame: 1 combo wins everytime isnt true.
ur example is still winable for the sentinel team. i could build a good ganker team and make the enemys forfeit at 15 :P

D.W.M.C
31-07-2010, 09:12 PM
1. dota isnt just a combogame: 1 combo wins everytime isnt true.
ur example is still winable for the sentinel team. i could build a good ganker team and make the enemys forfeit at 15 :P

OFC.. Each game is different and some people are better than others etc. etc.

BUT! If you had 10 exact equally skilled players/clones/bots or whatever :P I don't think Sentinel will ever win vs Scourge.. In theory, that is unfair and that's why I think it can't be used..

The only "random" element in -RD is which team gets first pick.. Now, I don't even know if FP is best or not, since the other team gets 2 picks after..
It could make a difference, sure. But 1 pick wont change a game, like -SD and -AR would..

Pthirus_pubis
01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
i think that sd might not be perfect in balance, but its fast wich is a good point in my eyes, as fast as ap.
And the teams might be hard in ur example in a game with teampush etc etc. But there are many strategys to win a game, bd is allowd etc so u can play dirty wich i like ^^...
certain lineups are good for different game strategys for example
-deffing early mid then counter push
-making early pressure to get ahead of the enemy and make em forfeit
-normal teampush/fight games
-bd and gank
etc etc

and i like it if there isnt 100% fairness (even tough there is since its random) that creates feeling hate and nice flaming :D