PDA

View Full Version : MYM|Nani: "My goal is to take the title"

DrakaZ
13-08-2010, 10:11 AM
myMYM conducted an interview with their latest addition, Johan 'NaNiWa' Lucchesi about EPS in Germany as well as IEM Gamescom where he is in the group of death. He will also share his thoughts about his future in Germany and why he accepted to join MeetYourMakers instead of staying to Serious Gaming.

The first part of the interview concerns EPS and IEM Gamescom:

How did you feel right before the EPS Last-Chance-Qualifier started?

Johan 'NaNiWa' Lucchesi: I felt very nervous about if I wouldn't make it.

Did you think about what may happens if you would not make it into the EPS?

MYM|Nani: Yes of course I thought about what would happened, if I wouldn't qualify for EPS. I would have retired from gaming probably.

How will you prepare for the upcoming EPS-season?

MYM|Nani: I will prepare as hard as I can and practise a lot especially against Terran and Protoss. I think if I play my best I have a good chance against anyone.

What do you need to improve in order to become a top-notch player? Or do you consider yourself already as a top-notch player?

MYM|Nani: I think I need to improve my strategies to be at the very top. I think my micro and macro are all getting good.

What are your goals for your first EPS-season?

MYM|Nani: My goal is to take the title, I think I can do it if I practise a lot.

Who will be your biggest enemy?

MYM|Nani: I think the one I fear the most, or respect the most is DeMusliM - as a player.

Do you see a big difference between the top-players like you, MYM|ClouD, DeMusliM, TLO and the rest of the participants?

MYM|Nani: Well, I think the other players are a bit lower in skill. But maybe they just didn't prepare alot beforehand and will bring their a-game into the EPS, overall that's the only difference I think. Maybe motivation is different, too.

With IEM a first big “LAN”-tournament is about to take place. What are your expectations about it?

MYM|Nani: I don't know what to expect, since it's the first big LAN. I don't have a big check on everyone's skill yet! But I think on a good day, I could probably pass my group. We will see though.

The second part of the interview is about his future in Germany and therefore as a gamer:

Why did you decide to leave Serious-Gaming and join MeetYourMakers?

MYM|Nani: They gave me a very good offer compared to Serious-Gaming and Serious-Gaming had no intention of matching it. So I had no choice.

What do you expect from moving to Germany?

MYM|Nani: I expect a really cool gaming experience for myself , and I hope I wont regret anything of it!

What do you think about “the Germans”?

MYM|Nani: I think they are very cheesy players who don't focus on Macro and micro, instead they choose the easy way to get a win with cheesing.

And besides gaming?

MYM|Nani: The only thing I have seen from the German people are that they are very hostile against new people trying to get into the EPS but other than that I do not know. I know a lot of good people as well, such as Naruto and so on. I think they are like everyone else!

What do you like to do besides gaming?

MYM|Nani: I like to go to the gym mostly and watch anime and play games with friends

What will you miss the most, when living in Germany?

MYM|Nani: I do not know yet. But I suppose I will be missing my friends in Sweden and my parents!

What do your parents think about the whole gaming-thing and you moving to Germany?

MYM|Nani: They think I should pursue my dreams as long as I'm young and make myself not regret anything.

And the last part of the interview is the traditional blah-balh:

Ok that's it for now. Any last words?

MYM|Nani: I just want to tell everyone to cook by the book and that they can't be lazy. And I would like to thank Razer, Western Digital, Puma, Chieftec and FS-Host for allowing me to live my dream.
NaNiWa uses:
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Lefthanded Edition
Mousepad: Razer ExactMat
Headphone: Razer Orca
Harddrive: Western Digital
PC-Case: Chieftec
Organizations NaNiWa played before as Starcraft 2-player: mTw, Serious-Gaming
Organizations NaNiWa played before as Warcraft 3-player: StarComa, mTw, fnatic, hoorai, Wicked
You can find him on IRC in our very own chat-room: #mym.sc2 on Quake.Net.
If you want to get all the latest informations about MeetYourMarkers and their Starcraft-team make sure that you stay tuned on myMYM.com. Here you will also find coverages for all major tournaments in Starcraft 2 such as IEM Global Challenge and the German EPS. myMYM.com will be on site of every major offline-event.

Source: myMYM (http://www.mymym.com/en/article/1128.html)

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I really wonder if Naniwa really uses these products or did MYM tell him to promote their sponsors? :D